Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:59 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 5:59 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

Was Kelly's decision
Sensible 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Reasonable 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cautious 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
More Cautious than £22.5k Richard's Deal 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 10

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:14 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Kelly's Decision

Warnings: 0
Obviously Kelly's Deal is a big talking point, especially as she had THE BEST 11 BOX THIS YEAR and yet she still dealt a measly £20,000, BY FAR the least generous offer of the game. So, what do you think about it?

Anyone who knows me knows what I voted for. :smt011

P.S. I replaced HORRIBLE with another option to honor the requests of the majority of the forum.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Kelly's Decision
International Forums Moderator

I'm more inclined to call it a board misread or blind targetism than anything else!

Given the 14-box generosity and the small uplift after an all-blue, it was the most Richard-esque of all the post-Richard controversial Deals, but Kelly didn't have the entire P5 so I won't say her deal was more cautious than his (and there are plenty that have been).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:30 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Kelly's Decision
Forum Games Moderator

Sensible and reasonable go hand in hand for me.

Of the options available, I'd say it was a cautious deal. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Kelly's Decision

100% very (x unlimited) cautious. Dealing with all power five still in play is never a good thing to do...

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:35 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Kelly's Decision
Forum Games Moderator

Mark wrote:
100% very (x unlimited) cautious. Dealing with all power five still in play is never a good thing to do...

That's quite an interesting point of view. Personally I thought she had 4 of the Power 5 remaining....could be wrong though.

Also when I looked at the time at about 4:04, I expected a first round deal, really. I was surprised at the timing of the first break too; 4:16 when it's usually 4:08. That to me meant something extra was bound to happen later on - maybe one box at a time at 5-box, or something. So I was disappointed when that didn't happen either, to be totally frank.

:ponder:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:33 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Kelly's Decision

Cautious but not the worst by any means. Wilf in a specials week dealt the same amount and had the £35k still there!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]