Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

Warnings: 0
I won't bother reviving the ancient, original topic we had on this...

With almost 7 years and over 2,000 shows under it's belt, are there any common or ordinary names that we haven't seen on DOND yet ?

To start off, we haven't had any examples of these:

Ross
Amber
Harriet
Mick(ey)

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

Did you read my mind? :o I was literally meaning to make one of these threads.

Anyway, I don't think we've had any of these:

Sara
Louisa
Nina
Ciaran (not with that spelling at least)
Seamus
Martina

Have we had a Fiona?

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

We had a Sara only last month, she had an all-blue opening round and an all red-squashdown and had the £250k on the table, which made her game stand out a bit more than others during that time. And of course we had a Sara in 2005 who had the first ever 'dream finish'.

And we had our first Fiona in May/June, she got £3,000 from a pretty unlucky game which saw a nightmare 5th round no less.

But you're right with all the others though :)

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

Have we ever had a Melissa (or Mel, even for that matter)? That's the only one I can think of :blueponder

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:18 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

mr_northern_guy wrote:
Have we ever had a Melissa (or Mel, even for that matter)? That's the only one I can think of :blueponder

We've had at least two Melissas' and one Mel

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:51 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show
Global Moderator

I don't think we've had anyone called Josh yet.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:31 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

hogwild94 wrote:

Incredibly, we haven't :shock:

(Just watch tomorrow's newbie be called Josh...)

matt26

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:12 am    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

Other names we haven't had yet:

Elliot (or any variation of the spelling thereof)
Bertha
Bella
Harriet
Bernard
Evelyn
Olive (though there have been three Olivias)
Cassandra
Calvin
Arthur

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

matt26 wrote:
Other names we haven't had yet:

Elliot (or any variation of the spelling thereof)
Bertha
Bella
Harriet
Bernard
Evelyn
Olive (though there have been three Olivias)
Cassandra
Calvin
Arthur

Good selection there.

The name I want to see finally appear on the show the most is Harriet, I love that name ! :)

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:34 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

hogwild94 wrote:

That's amazing to be fair.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:52 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

Bertha??? The only "thing" I've seen called Bertha is that machine in the kids program in the 80s (god I'm showing my age now LOL). :)

I've never come across anyone real called Bertha! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

I know that programme too, don't worry !

Plus no-one can hear the name 'Cassandra' without imaging it in Rodney's wimpy cockney drawl ;)

And to most people, the name 'Bernard' is associated with a time-stopping watch :)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:18 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

Some names i can think of that we've never had:

Henry
Sasha
Taylor
Nicole
Jesse (Male Form)
Sinead
Katrina
Luke
Tyler
Melinda
Harrison
Lola
Regina
Eve/Eva
Justine
Lucinda
Yvette
Eliza
Malcolm (Though we did have a 'Malc' once)
Kenneth (Though we have had several 'Kens' and a couple of 'Kennys')
Claudia

taff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:28 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

Glyn (probably waiting for me to apply!)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Some names i can think of that we've never had:

Henry
Sasha
Taylor
Nicole
Jesse (Male Form)
Sinead
Katrina
Luke
Tyler
Melinda
Harrison
Lola
Regina
Eve/Eva
Justine
Lucinda
Yvette
Eliza
Malcolm (Though we did have a 'Malc' once)
Kenneth (Though we have had several 'Kens' and a couple of 'Kennys')
Claudia

Imagine the jokes that Noel would come up with if we had a 'Lola' on the show...

Pretty amazed there hasn't been a 'Luke' or 'Eve' though.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:10 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

Have we ever had a Mairead?

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:43 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

Nope... hadn't even heard of that name :ponder:

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show
Administrator & Global Moderator

It's particularly surprising there's never been a Luke, Henry, Ross, Arthur or Josh. They're fairly common names and if you picked 2,000 people at random (male and female of all ages and from all backgrounds - i.e. like DoND contestants are), you'd surely expect those names to crop up.

By the way, the full archive (which can be used to search for names) is available here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12265

matt26

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:57 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

James1978 wrote:
Bertha??? The only "thing" I've seen called Bertha is that machine in the kids program in the 80s (god I'm showing my age now LOL). :)

I've never come across anyone real called Bertha! :)

That show was awesome. :)

I'm surprised there are so many common names that haven't appeared yet, I must say. :shock:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:51 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Common names that haven't appeared on the show

I would especially love to see a Henry on the show, love that name. I'd love to see more interesting male names like Henry, Jesse, Josh, Ross, Luke or Arthur, instead of the majority DoND's male players just being called either Paul, Mark, John, Andy or worst of all - JAMES! :evil: ;-)

What about Bruce? isn't that a common name?

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]