Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:03 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Warnings: 0
hogwild94 wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:
IMO, Richard from 2008 who did possibly the worst deal EVER in the history of the show, with the best board ever seen at the time. Very entertaining game, pocketed 20 grand but a horrible, HORRIBLE decision when every single offer after that could have been alot more...

With all due respect, I very much doubt anyone would be saying that if Richard had had a proveout like Charlotte's. Then he'd have just slipped into obscurity as someone who dealt early, and got a surprise OPW.

Which opens a new can of worms, there have been some games that have been ruined for me because of certain people on here.

For example, Belinda's game back at the start of this year, where she dealt for £75,000 at 5-box, but narrowly missed out on a much-deserved spanking when she found there was £100,000 in her box. It was a great game, but TBH, the ugliness of her game thread on here soured it somewhat for me.

You'd think a game like hers would spark some interesting discussions on here. But thanks to a certain someone on here, Belinda's game thread became 4 pages of ridiculous arguing between members :roll: , ALL BECAUSE Belinda had merely undersold her box, but still won a massive amount anyway (plus, it was a generous offer for the board she dealt at too, i mean it's not like she did what Glenn did - Glenn would probably be another contender for the worst game ever too ;))

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Just went to look at the thread for Belinda's game. WTF is with all the arguing?! If I had won £75,000 and had £100,000 in the box then I wouldn't have cared.
Also, I probably would've done the same as her.

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:58 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Global Moderator

Belinda's game is probably one of the least gutting box undersellings of all time. Who, other than a purist, would be bothered at underselling £100,000 when you have 75% of that sum?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Forum Games Moderator

hogwild94 wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:
IMO, Richard from 2008 who did possibly the worst deal EVER in the history of the show, with the best board ever seen at the time. Very entertaining game, pocketed 20 grand but a horrible, HORRIBLE decision when every single offer after that could have been alot more...

With all due respect, I very much doubt anyone would be saying that if Richard had had a proveout like Charlotte's. Then he'd have just slipped into obscurity as someone who dealt early, and got a surprise OPW.

But the proveout was well deserved: it was indeed an awful deal.

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:13 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Skyline wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:

But the proveout was well deserved: it was indeed an awful deal.

This. I think everyone who was watching would have no dealt to £20,000 with a board like his.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:39 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

BankerSpanker wrote:
Just went to look at the thread for Belinda's game. WTF is with all the arguing?! If I had won £75,000 and had £100,000 in the box then I wouldn't have cared.
Also, I probably would've done the same as her.

It was basically just the Markbot exploding - "Aargh the £100k box was undersold, therefore the player isn't fit to live on this planet and is a stupid idiot, rant, rant, rant".

Then it was everyone else telling him he was an idiot, then RMF1254 getting all bossy saying we all had to shut up and not kick off at The Markbot just to keep the peace.......

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:49 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

James1978 wrote:
Then it was everyone else telling him he was an idiot, then RMF1254 getting all bossy saying we all had to shut up and not kick off at The Markbot just to keep the peace.......

Boy, am I ever glad that RMF1254 no longer frequents this forum. I've taken a look at some late 2011/early 2012 game threads and they're full of him either ''keeping the peace'' (by drawing more attention to the inevitable Markbot rants !!) or filling up the pages by pointing out what the commentator should or shouldn't do. All the time. Complete with about 20 or so smilies on every single post.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

^^every time

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Was he a dond contestant ?

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:07 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

kall4i59 wrote:
Was he a dond contestant ?

No chance, I think his town was black-listed for audtionees incase he slipped through.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

He got VERY defensive when I once said he always defended Markbot. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:15 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

Imagine if he was reading all of this :)

I think it'd probably warrant me getting some hate mail, the first I'll have had for a fair while :D

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:41 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

You're right actually psycho - however the process I described above is pretty much how any early 2012 game thread transcript thread went if the player undersold a power 5 box whether it was for £70k or £7k. :laughing

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:46 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

How about £1 Martin's game. talk about a heartbreaking ending to the game, just thinking about the moment he burst into tears after the £1 was revealed sends a chill! :(

I remember watching the last 10 minutes of his game on the now defunct Ilovedond.co.uk site. Some of the comments that people made on there really annoyed me too! :evil: Some of the people that commented on the games on that site annoyed me somewhat, it looked like stuff you'd see on D**it*l S*y! :shock:

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:28 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

I think I shouted expletives at the TV at the end of Martin's game, it was something like "Give him some money now you (unprintable) tight-a*sed (unprintables)" :lol:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:32 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

James1978 wrote:
I think I shouted expletives at the TV at the end of Martin's game, it was something like "Give him some money now you (unprintable) tight-a*sed (unprintables)" :lol:

Imagine how you would've felt seeing some of the comments for his game on Ilovedealornodeal.co.uk (RIP)

They were actually saying that they 'laughed like a drain' when Martin was in tears after crashing out on the 2-box gamble etc.

Just the people that commented on Ilovedond.co.uk wound me up at times, they often criticized the show and the players, while some criticisms are fine, I just think these people did it like they expected to be congratulated for it :roll:

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Forum Games Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Boy, am I ever glad that RMF1254 no longer frequents this forum. I've taken a look at some late 2011/early 2012 game threads and they're full of him either ''keeping the peace'' (by drawing more attention to the inevitable Markbot rants !!) or filling up the pages by pointing out what the commentator should or shouldn't do. All the time. Complete with about 20 or so smilies on every single post.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

^^every time

What is this guy gonna say when I stop frequenting the forums? D:

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Forum Games Moderator

No, I have worse suspicions! Pray tell, what did he say during my lengthy absences? :shock: :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:12 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Forum Games Moderator

'daniel123? What a t*αt!'

jk :D

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever
Forum Games Moderator

Hahaha, I bet a few people have said that over the years, it wouldn’t surprise me :lol:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Stevo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm    Author: Stevo    Post subject: Re: Worst games ever

My worst was Janelle's from the early days. Once you get on the show, you have to be so grateful at even the opportunity of playing the game and being there. As I remember this was not present in the game and it just made for uncomfortable viewing.

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]