Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:10 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:10 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

Is £10k+ a power 5 win in the Mulhern era?
Poll ended at Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:21 pm
Yes 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
No 90%  90%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 10

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:21 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Power 5 win - relevant anymore?

Warnings: 0
With series 1 of the Mulhern era over, I'd like to know...

Do you think we should class £10k+ a power 5 win? Is it even 'the power 5' anymore?

Want to hear your thoughts!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:34 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Power 5 win - relevant anymore?

As was said in other threads, this new board has a Power 4 much more so than a Power 5. £10,000 isn't much more than the next amount down, £7,500, and won't get you the kind of chunky offers the 4 amounts above it will as the top amount. Plus Power 5 wins on the old version were a difficult achievement whereas winning 10k on this version is MUCH MUCH easier.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:45 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Power 5 win - relevant anymore?

Power 4 me personally, couldn't class £10,000 as a high amount, just because, £10,000 isn't that hard to get realistically, where as power 5 wins, was quite hard to get in the old series,especially towards the later years.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Power 5 win - relevant anymore?
Administrator & Global Moderator

Has to be a Power 4 now really.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:10 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Power 5 win - relevant anymore?
Forum Games Moderator

I originally voted yes, on the basis that £10,000 to many people today probably has the same impact on their lives that winning £35,000 would have done in the old days. I then read the suggestions for a 'power 4' and thought, 'hey, that makes much more sense - oh bugger, I've already voted. Oh, that's fine, I'll just go back and change my vote', before realising that...you never have been able to do that on this forum, so...well, anyway, it's a No vote, it's just in disguise. :ponder: :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

matt26

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:39 am    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: Power 5 win - relevant anymore?

Like everyone else said, power 4 makes more sense in the context of the new board than power 5 does.

10k on this board is more akin to what 20k was back on the old board.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:42 am    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: Power 5 win - relevant anymore?

Stephen hasn’t used the phrase, or any variation of it, as far as I’ve noticed… but the same goes for a fair few other “Noelisms”, like the Crazy Chair, the Dream Factory etc… maybe this version just needs to develop its own terminology over time!

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]