Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:18 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:18 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Wanna know what Scott did with that £50,000?

Warnings: 0
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -wife.html

After Scott Brown held his nerve to win £50,000 on Deal Or No Deal, he was determined that his estranged wife should not get a penny.

He has spent the winnings on clearing a £15,000 joint debt. Spent money on presents for his two children with her, a Holiday and New car for himself as well as some other luxuries. Hes also put some money aside to pay for the divorce and to retrain as an Electrician.

Before the win he was living on the floor of his parents house signed off with depression. Whilst his ex was living at the family home, she had been having an affiar with a truck driver and asked Mr Brown for a divorce on Xmas day last year.

As soon as the show was broadcast his ex tried to get a court injunction so she could get half but it was all gone.

-----------------------------------------

I say good on him. His ex sounds like a nasty piece of work. :laughing

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:44 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Wanna know what Scott did with that £50,000?
Global Moderator

I must say, Scott totally won me over the other day, when he posted a comment on Facebook defending Ady's decision to deal, in the light of the inevitable criticism: http://www.facebook.com/DealorNoDeal/po ... 6573251270

As for this, not sure what to make of it. It's his money, and he can do what he wants with it, so good on him for doing what he wanted to.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:13 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Wanna know what Scott did with that £50,000?

Well after countless male contestants who haven't gambled because of their wives and kids, we have someone who was willing to gamble knowing that if it went wrong, his ex would get half of practically nothing and if it went right, he would spend, spend, spend.

I still think it was a rash gamble but he had his own reasons to do so (which now seem to have come to light).

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:51 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Wanna know what Scott did with that £50,000?
International Forums Moderator

See, I'd actually argue that this made the point for a more conservative gameplay strategy at those sorts of stakes - simply because the bigger the win, the harder it is to spend it all between receiving it (which is, what, 28 days after recording?) and the episode airing. (Not to mention the high probability of a £250k win being spoiled and his wife potentially finding out!!!)

Good job for Scott that there's such a lag before transmission nowadays, and that he didn't win the £250k!

(Also I'm laughing that she had an affair with a truck driver considering that there's a US politician called Scott Brown who's famous for driving a truck!! And even more so at the fact that one of Wilson's favourite contestants ever just laid into Wilson!!!)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Wanna know what Scott did with that £50,000?

KP wrote:
(Also I'm laughing that she had an affair with a truck driver considering that there's a US politician called Scott Brown who's famous for driving a truck!! And even more so at the fact that one of Wilson's favourite contestants ever just laid into Wilson!!!)

Oh that's funny. :laughing

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Littlefrank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:19 pm    Author: Littlefrank    Post subject: Re: Wanna know what Scott did with that £50,000?

I'll win in the end!
Scott......aka Littlefrank!

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]