Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:38 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 2:38 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:10 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?

Warnings: 0
It's no secret that Noel has a pretty terrible memory, so I was wondering which contestants he actually still remembers (ones he ought to at least), whether it be a notable gameplay event/what they won or their personality on the wings being examples.

I'll list a few (going from recent comments he's made):

Obviously the 5 quarter millionaires

Nick Bain

Nikki Tucker

Mark De Sousa (I know it's recent, but he forgot Chris Eager's game less than a month after it was shown)

£100,000 Gaz

Think he still mentions 'Mally's Law' occasionally

'Show 1' Lynn

£75,000 'mistake' Mary

Brick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:48 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?

Whoever holds the record for the lowest selling of the £250k: Debbie on a few occasions, Tolleck on several occasions (because his last name was Winner). I don't think he referred to Rob by name much - he may do more in future with Katie (especially as she had an unusual surname, Chipchase).

Stuart and Mini - the first two players to take out the top 3 in live play. Once it happened a third time with Ron, I think Noel stopped referring to them by name.

Derek Brown was referred to the day after Li Ping's unlucky game.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:10 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?

I'm still surprised Derek Brown was remembered after Nikki Tucker's game, so I'm shocked to see him referenced 4 years after his game :shock:, but after Mark de Sousa, I think Nikki and Derek will finally slip into the mist...

You're right with Katie Chipchase, I doubt she'll be forgotten in a hurry...

Anyway, some more he might remember:

*I'm sure he'll at least recall someone who once did 50 shows, even if the name Lucy has escaped him, although her appearance in the live shows may have woken this particular memory up.

*Corinne.

*Another one from the live shows, he'll probably always remember the 'Tax-Free' contestant, Harry.

*He'll probably remember James Trigg for a bit for that All Red 8-box board, but I won't be surprised in the future to see someone facing a 1:8 split and hear him say 'we've never had an all red 8-box'...

*Farmer Clive - if he remembered him in late 2010, he'll more than likely remember him now.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:31 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?

One thing that Noel never forgets - That there's no male QM winner :roll:

He mentioned £100k Maria in Patricia's (November 2008) game - Although that was a while ago now. 2008 doesn't feel like 4 years ago, infact pretty much everything post-2007 on DoND still feels recent to me!! :shock:

He remembers David's game from last December where he ND'd £62,000 and took the top 3. He mentioned it in Damien's game back in March this year, just before THAT round happened again after Damien declined £40k :shock:

I think he can still remember Neil's game from December 09 where he took out the 4 in 4 straight boxes (AND in descending order too I think) right after dealing at £35k

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:28 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?

Ah, 100k Maria, of course, He re-visited it for the 2009 HoF games, so chances are if he remembered it then, he'll remember it now.

Interesting about '425k round' David, when James was offered £65,000 with the top 3, Noel mentioned that they had never been eliminated at the climax of the game, just one month after David (!)... but it looks like he's been reminded now... unless he was encouraging James to No Deal :roll:

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?
International Forums Moderator

Yes, I noticed David was conveniently forgotten when James had his five-box with the top three intact, and absolutely tore into Noel for it - Greeny pointed out that there was a filming break between the two episodes, but even so, I still share the same suspicion as psychokiller (and cheered James' eventual Deal more loudly than the last blue in that game!).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:09 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?

KP wrote:
Yes, I noticed David was conveniently forgotten when James had his five-box with the top three intact, and absolutely tore into Noel for it - Greeny pointed out that there was a filming break between the two episodes, but even so, I still share the same suspicion as psychokiller (and cheered James' eventual Deal more loudly than the last blue in that game!).

As fantastic as the Deal was, the £1 going was just one of the most incredible moments in DOND history, the sort of thing you would hopelessly wish for in your own game. I must have watched that clip hundreds of times now and I still get chills from it.

the wellser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:45 am    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?

I don't think it's fair to say Noel has a terrible memory', I think it's more to the point the people on here have a particularly strong memory of certain events which probably wouldn't be shared by the average DOND viewer of even some who work on the programme.

Also you need to remember, Noel is thinking on the sport and generally does things in one take, if he thought everything through to extent it was correct it might be a very slow programme indeed.

I imagine Noel would remember most of the contestants, if he met them or watched the programmes again, but to recall events as people on here do wouldn't exactly be a trait you'd expect most people to have.

Anyone work in a shop here? I doubt you'd remember everyone who goes in your shop each week.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:17 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel has admitted on several occasions that he has a bad memory, but I think the people on here tend to have extra-good memories when it comes to DoND stuff.

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:36 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?

The trouble is he is catching me up in age and it can only get worse :D

unclekevo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:37 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Noel - Who does he actually remember ?

Let's just agree that he won't be forgetting Lara in a hurry :D

[ 11 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]