Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:17 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 2:17 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:20 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Best/Worst Game Per Month (Season 7)
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
For stats compiling reasons, I am thinking of today's show as the last of Season 7. So, here's my choice for best and worst game of each month. Like last year, none of the worsts are because of the player themselves, or their decision(s) (you may do that should you wish), and not all months will have worsts.

August
Best: Loz: For entertainment reasons (almost a year on, how many of you remember him lifting Noel above his head?), and for pulling off the first OPW of the season.

September
Best: Tegen: What else? ;)

October
Best: Kevin (Live Shows): Dramatic game, big gamble under frantic time conditions, big money win. Great result. :D

November
Best: Caroline: Ah, the day of the strikes. While, on BBC1, Mr J. Clarkson was causing his latest controversy, Caroline pulled off one of the most dramatic games of the season. The only thing wrong with the game was the moving of the final break to 6-box, leading some to suggest the producers knew the £250,000 was in the box. However, this was later disproven by MisterAl, who revealed that two breaks were filmed to allow for more options in the edit.

No worsts yet...

December
Best: Mark & Baz: Mark, for a spectacular Power 5 draw, and Baz, for doing what no-one had managed to do for over a year and a half (and only one had managed since). ;)

January
Best: James: Said it before, but I'll say it again: all red 8-box, and 'cautious' deal that paid off spectacularly. Special mention to Paul and Belinda as well, for winning more than him (Belinda is still the biggest winner of the year), but not quite making their deals work, which is a shame. :(

February
Best: Mathew: He took big money from a big money game (like Rich), he came across a decent, likeable, hard-working guy (like Rich), and he made a sensible decision for the board... :lol: ;)

March
Best: Jess & Niko: Well, for Jess, it's obvious really. ;) And here's why Niko gets this jointly with her: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=23364

Still no worsts...

April
Best: Tony & Gemma: Tony, for the second biggest win of the year (so far), and Gemma for an incredible turn-around. Seems fair to have one game for the Wakeyists, and one for advocates of sensible play. ;)

May
Best: Bill: Cruely and unjustly overlooked in SotM. :( A great game with several big money decisions, and a big win. What's not to like there?

June
Best: Ali & Selen: They won SotM jointly (partly due to a low turnout), so it seems only fair they get joint billing here too. Both well deserved big money wins from big money games.

July
Best: James: As I said on the thread, a sensible decision, and relief that the proveout was favourable after Noel's 'dream ending' spiel throughout. He will most likely get my vote for SotM (the polls will be up after Tuesday's show).

Nope, not a single 'worst' in there. I must be going easy on the players! :lol: You can include worsts should you wish. :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:28 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Best/Worst Game Per Month (Season 7)

Too many for me to think of for being the "best".. but my number one player is Rich :smt023

but for the worst, for those who had a power five in their box and missed out on winning it.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:56 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Best/Worst Game Per Month (Season 7)

Mark wrote:
Too many for me to think of for being the "best".. but my number one player is Rich :smt023

but for the worst, for those who had a power five in their box and missed out on winning it.

You're incredible, Mark.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:51 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Best/Worst Game Per Month (Season 7)

Oh wow, I can't believe it's almost a year since Loz's game! :o

Fan of classic rock and metal

BigDave888

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:47 pm    Author: BigDave888    Post subject: Re: Best/Worst Game Per Month (Season 7)

For me:

August - Gurpal or Chris - Both gave excellent games which could have resulted in £250,000 wins but I'm going to go with Gurpal because he went for it and Chris could have had the title, which is really irritating.

September - Tegen - Still remember that day, normally I miss Deal because I'm not back from school in time but school finished early that day and I thought it was amazing that she won the biggie!

October - Don't really remember them! :P

November - Caroline - £95,000 that's all I have to say!

December - Mark!!! - One of my favourite games of all time, I'll admit to crying during his game because it was so emotional and my mum and sister went to New York in January and took a picture where his mum was for me.

January - James!!!!!! - Best game of all time, nothing will beat it. All red 8 box and one of the nicest players ever! :D
Also liked Peter the gardener and Ioannis, never will forget those games

February - Cynthia - Still has me laughing today when I think about her game.

March - ?Niko? - Loved Niko but most of the games that month were very forgettable. I think Jess was one of the worst, I didn't like her attitude but maybe that's just me. :(

April - Phyl!!! - Love her and still love her. Delivered a spanking and had a great laugh too. Worst in my opinion was Tony because like Jess didn't like his attitude and could have that important title.

May - Tony!!! - One of my favourite players of all time!

June - Lots Li Ping, Mariyam, Mary - Amazing month and I'll never forget Mariyam for giving us one of the best games of all time.

July - Fred, Dot and Agnes - Seems I only like the elderly people but they have such warmth and always give amazing games. Without people like the, Deal wouldn't be what it is today.

holly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:41 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Best/Worst Game Per Month (Season 7)

OK then, here's mine:

August: Gurpal. I was in tears at the end, but it was fab to watch!

September: Tegen (well duhhh! :P) Amazing game, amazing young lady, DEFINETLEY the most deserved £250,000 win!

Kevin: Great one to see especially as it was live. The best part was the last 30 seconds!

November: Caroline, simply cos it was HUGE spanking!

December: Mark, great game, was pretty cool that he got a draw, and even cooler that he got to go to the place in New York that meant so much to him!

January: James. Do I really need to explain why? ;)

February: Rich. Again, is an explanation really needed? ;)

March: A lot of March's games were pretty rubbish, and the month on the whole was crap, with only 2 spankings (if I'm right) but the best was Niko, and I say this simply for entertainment reasons.

April: Tony! Great game, second bidggest win of the year so far, and he really seemed like a great guy!

May: Tony (50p)Yet again, don't think I really need to say anything else! However, he's closely followed by Lee, because of what he did for Candice

June: Jacob because he got a spanbking, he seemed like a nice guy, and I liked his take on the deal theme tune with his saxophone. And he's dam cute and all!

July: Fred because I thouhgt he was really annoying on the wings, but in his game his true colours came out and I realised he's actually a very nice person :)

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Best/Worst Game Per Month (Season 7)
International Forums Moderator

Best of the month:

August: Chris. A big-money game with multiple tough calls which weren't telegraphed from 14-box like almost every big game since. The fact that the decision that went wrong still left him with a life-changing sum is testament to how enjoyable that one was.
September: Tegen. Arguably the first "pure" £250k win. Arguable Banker misjudgment at 2- and perhaps even 5-box notwithstanding, it was certainly the one that involved the least Banker engineering (even Suzanne had the insulting 5-box offer thanks to being in the slipstream of two of the worst Deals ever from the four prior themed games).
October: The entire live shows as a whole. They were a spectacle that went beyond any one contestant, and were genuinely different and entertaining to watch.
November: Caroline. Questionable editing decisions notwithstanding, that was magnificent.
December: Baz. Possibly the most important game of the season. An 11-box Deal in a twist week converted into an OPW?!? I still get a genuine buzz from watching this on DVD.
January: Belinda. After witnessing Paul's reaction to selling the £250k, the pressure on Belinda to gamble in an almost identical situation must have been immense. She never looked like crumbling to it.
February: Mathew. Reasons explained on the first post.
March: Niko. Wasn't keen on Jess, nobody else stood out.
April: Tony. Not many people make statistically sound decisions at the stakes he did, and he thoroughly deserved the big win for that alone.
May: Tony. For sheer entertainment on the wings he deserved his namesake's board though!
June: Mariyam. Certainly the most memorable game, what a way to crash!
July: James. I watched the start of this in a hotel in Birmingham and turned it off because of Noel's blatant intervention. Good thing, too - if I'd kept watching I'd have been kicked out for noise disturbance after my reactions to the £250k and £100k.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]