Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:16 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 11:16 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:16 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: DOND to run all year round?

Warnings: 0
Travis P has just said on Bother's Bar that DOND will air over the summer rather than do repeats.

If this is true, then it feels like yet another spontaneous decision by C4... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So, assuming that there'll be Summer Specials at the end of July, will the start of season 8 immediately follow? :ponder: :eyes:

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:23 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

JohnBristol1966 will probably know.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:33 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

You know, guys, I think this is pretty big news if it is true... :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

All right, maybe such a thing was coming after last summer - when, of course, C4 brought the start of this season forward.

But, without meaning to sound like I'm looking for attention here, I really don't see why it's not worth replying to... :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

holly

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:39 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

Maybe they'll have the last season 7 show on a friday and then the first season 8 show on the sunday? So it's not just back to back?

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?
Administrator & Global Moderator

I think this has already been mentioned in another thread, actually, or maybe I saw someone mention it on Twitter - I can't remember now.

I'm not sure why they're not having a summer break this year - maybe they want to continue over the summer to provide an "alternative" to the Olympics (bearing in mind the justification for Double Deal Week was that it was an alternative to the World Cup!).

holly

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:43 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

well, if it is as an alternative, looks like I aint gonna be watching London 2012. :lol:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:43 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?
Global Moderator

Hmm, I'm not really sure this is a good idea. Every good show needs a break now and then. Obviously, University Challenge has pretty much the entire spring off. And Pointless takes a couple of breaks every now and then, and they show repeats instead. The early beginning of this season offput me a bit, and it took me a while to get used to.

I mean, I do like the show still, but, surely, there is a limit to how much of it we need. Too much of it may well prove a hinderance in future.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:50 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

Now we're talking! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

h2005 wrote:
I'm not sure why they're not having a summer break this year - maybe they want to continue over the summer to provide an "alternative" to the Olympics (bearing in mind the justification for Double Deal Week was that it was an alternative to the World Cup!).

Well, as I said, it feels like yet another spontaneous decision... :roll: :eyes:

holly wrote:
well, if it is as an alternative, looks like I aint gonna be watching London 2012. :lol:

You don't have a Sky box? :eyes:

hogwild94 wrote:
Hmm, I'm not really sure this is a good idea. Every good show needs a break now and then. Obviously, University Challenge has pretty much the entire spring off. And Pointless takes a couple of breaks every now and then, and they show repeats instead. The early beginning of this season offput me a bit, and it took me a while to get used to.

I mean, I do like the show still, but, surely, there is a limit to how much of it we need. Too much of it may well prove a hinderance in future.

Seconded.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?
Administrator & Global Moderator

RMF1254 wrote:
You don't have a Sky box? :eyes:

You don't need a Murdoch box to be able to record one thing and watch another on digital TV, and/or record things on timer! :P

holly

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:55 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

No I don't have a sky box. Have freesat though, so if I remember I'll just record the olympics.

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:38 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

The shows recorded have left no gaps for a summer break. Shows for every day except saturdays, have been filmed from now until Oct 9th. (correct as of end of recording 4 May 12)

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:21 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

Yes, warm-up guy Mark mentioned this back at the studios in January. Personally, I don't think it's a brilliant idea either, much as I enjoy the show, it does need a 'down' period. Plus, for selfish reasons, it's nice to get a month off from updating the spreadsheet! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?
International Forums Moderator

And there are definite references to specific airdates in games to come, or at least one that's due to be aired on the contestant's birthday - they can't add a break now.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:57 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

Couldnt add a break anyway, as they have the 24 odd shows that would need to be fitted in elsewhere!! Its all done to the correct dates.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:28 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

So it's official, then... :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: ;) ;)

JohnBristol1966 wrote:
Shows for every day except saturdays, have been filmed from now until Oct 9th. (correct as of end of recording 4 May 12)

Have they done any Summer Specials, then? And if so, how many of them are there?

If there are six, then that would mean the last of them would air at the weekend - which in turn would mean that there would be at most two days between the end of season 7 and the start of season 8... :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Personally, I think it would make more sense if there were five, for a Friday finish and thus a slightly longer break between seasons... if you get what I mean. :eyes: :eyes: ;)

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:14 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

No "summer specials" but they filmed 6 "Gold medal specials" to coincide with the Olympics. However they were nothing to do with the Olympics, or used their name in anyway, as you arent allowed to!!!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

JohnBristol1966 wrote:
No "summer specials" but they filmed 6 "Gold medal specials" to coincide with the Olympics.

So these "Gold Medal Specials" are replacing the Summer Specials this year, then. ;)

But there's six of them... :eyes:

As I said before, that would mean that the last of them would air at the weekend - and leave a break of at most two days between seasons 7 and 8.

And that, to me, feels plain wrong. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:52 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

Let me say this once again. There are NO MISSING DAYS!!!! no breaks, no days without DOND that we dont have anyway. Every Sunday to Friday has been filmed (altered of course for celebs but no days missing).

Why moan about not having a break? Do you get fed up of it? It pretty obvious that "season breaks" are faked anyway, as the last show of one season was filmed immediately before the first show of the next series!! the real breaks show up when one day Noel doesnt have a beard and the next he does!! Thats what happens after the real break in filming for the summer!

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:40 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

So, let me get this straight: After the "Gold Medal Specials", they will go straight into Season 8?

There may be a month of special shows (ala live shows/Christmas stars) to make up for the non-existent break.

Last edited by mr_northern_guy on Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:50 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: DOND to run all year round?

Blimey mr northern guy!! it isnt that hard to understand. Once the specials were recorded the next show was for the next day. No gap! normal shows all the way!!! THERE IS NO BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]