Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:00 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 9:00 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Celebrity shows

Warnings: 0
Noel is set to play his own game of Deal or No Deal for the first time to celebrate the show's 2000th episode. Olly Murs will be apparently be the host whilst Noel is playing.

Bosses are also planning 8 celebrity editions of the show due to screen on Saturday nights. With Noel filming the first one today with boyband McFly.

The story is from The Sun so who knows how much accuracy is to the story - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... -Deal.html

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:42 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

If it is true then hopefully more details will be known, such as listing all the celebrities who will be playing...

Hopefully someone will find out a lot more about the game that is being recorded today..............( if you know anything DON'T keep it to yourself ! )

Hopefully the celebrities will be braver than the normal players and go all the way most times.

Wonder what would happen if they end up winning 1p?

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:59 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

Tom just posted a picture....

http://twitter.com/#!/tommcfly/status/1 ... 00/photo/1

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:14 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

Looks like his game is about to start.

On the live shows he pulled out the £250,000...

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:27 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

According to http://freeview.co.uk/TV-Guide DoND will air on Sat 7th Apr from 7-8pm.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:45 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

Michael DeVere wrote:
According to http://freeview.co.uk/TV-Guide DoND will air on Sat 7th Apr from 7-8pm.

Oh dear... oh dear... oh dear...

I'm pretty sure that'll put it up against The Voice...

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :? :? ;)

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:48 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

I prefer the show on a Sunday than a Saturday.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:36 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

That's most probably not a confirmed time and chances are they might put it on earlier sometime around 5pm - 7pm instead to avoid going up against something like The Voice. It might be more likely to go up against Pointless Celebrities on BBC1 (if that ever returns to Saturday nights) and You've Been Framed & Best of TV Burp on ITV1 or something.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:41 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

Well on Sunday it's on at 6:25pm.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:59 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

The first celebrity game has just been finished...

http://twitter.com/#!/tommcfly/status/1 ... 24/photo/1

Now hoping someone on here was there and post more details.......

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:24 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

Mark wrote:
The first celebrity game has just been finished...

http://twitter.com/#!/tommcfly/status/1 ... 24/photo/1

Now hoping someone on here was there and post more details.......

There's probably more chance of spoilers leaking out for celebrity games. My initial gut feeling is that I'd be less annoyed to have a big celebrity win leaked than a normal one.

holly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

Oh wow this sounds great! keep us updated!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play
Administrator & Global Moderator

The celebrity specials sound intriguing - it'll be interesting to see who they get. I hope the rumour about Harry Hill taking part is true! A Saturday night timeslot is good, although they'll surely suffer in the ratings if they're put up against The Voice and/or Britain's Got Talent. As Michael said, an earlier slot would be better, and the biggest competition would probably be Pointless Celebrities.

One thing though - didn't Noel quite famously once say that he'd leave if they ever did celebrity specials? :ponder: I guessed he'd eventually buckle though, seeing as DoND is about the only gameshow these days that hasn't done a celebrity edition.

Noel playing the game for the 2,000th show is a fantastic idea, and getting Olly Murs to host is inspired! I wonder who'll be on the wings for Noel's show. I think show 2,000 is due to be aired around September time, but the article says it's also "to celebrate six years on air in October". So who knows when it'll be shown. (And of course it's actually the show's 7th birthday this year, not its 6th!)

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

h2005 wrote:
Noel playing the game for the 2,000th show is a fantastic idea, and getting Olly Murs to host is inspired! I wonder who'll be on the wings for Noel's show. I think show 2,000 is due to be aired around September time, but the article says it's also "to celebrate six years on air in October". So who knows when it'll be shown. (And of course it's actually the show's 7th birthday this year, not its 6th!)

I had to laugh at The Sun doing a crappy Photoshop version. Luckily I managed to screen grab Noel in the Crazy Chair some time ago.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:10 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

It would be so astonishing if he became the first male £250,000 winner....

As these are celebrity specials don't think I won't do my "OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR..." moment if they blow it big time because I will.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

Mark wrote:
It would be so astonishing if he became the first male £250,000 winner....

As these are celebrity specials don't think I won't do my "OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR..." moment if they blow it big time because I will.

I'd love it if Noel got a 3rd offer OPW. It would probably make my year.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play
International Forums Moderator

Not going to happen.

If no £250k male winner has happened at the time of taping, then he will play on as long as £250k is on the board.

I believe he talked about playing a mock game before season 1 taping began, and took a big 5-box offer only to leave £250k to two-box with a season 1-typical six-figure hypo offer?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:17 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play
Administrator & Global Moderator

KP wrote:
I believe he talked about playing a mock game before season 1 taping began, and took a big 5-box offer only to leave £250k to two-box with a season 1-typical six-figure hypo offer?

Yeah, I think he said he played a game (which his agent 'hosted') and he dealt at about £40k, but could've had a lot more if he'd gone on.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:19 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

travis P wrote:
h2005 wrote:

I had to laugh at The Sun doing a crappy Photoshop version. Luckily I managed to screen grab Noel in the Crazy Chair some time ago.

If when he's playing and he gets that ONE blue and FOUR reds at five box... he will continue in live play ;-)

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:44 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: DoND News - latest: Celeb shows coming soon and Noel to play

KP wrote:
Not going to happen.

If no £250k male winner has happened at the time of taping, then he will play on as long as £250k is on the board.

I never expect it to happen just that it would be the irony of ironies.

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]