Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:24 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 10:24 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm    Author: Brown Sauce    Post subject: Exact Studio Location?

Warnings: 0
Hello Everyone, newbie here, starting watching Deal over the last year and can't believe how addictive it is - the tension of Will They / Won't They and Should They / Shouldn't They is wonderful stuff, and the drama of the wins and losses. Plus I grew up with Noel on the telly (Swap Shop was in my childhood) so that's great too :lol:

I feel closer to a programme when I know where it is (found the Eastenders set on Google maps years ago, LOL), and if I can picture the set and location. I found that the studio is at Paintworks in Bristol
http://maps.google.com/maps?&hl=en&ll=5 ... 6&t=h&z=17
and from studying some of the games where people were sent outside, and Behind The Scenes clips on YouTube, I think I've got it sussed where the Offices and Noel's green room are (west of the studio), with the Art Dept next door, and the players green room building to the east, too.

Apparently it's in Studio 6, but I'm not 100% sure about the orientation (although there's a plan of the studio space on a BBC website). I believe the entrance is right behind the audience, at the East side of the long part of the L shaped Paintworks 6.3 - right?
So as you enter the building, and stand at the front of the audience still facing the same way (west) as you came in, towards the players, the West and East wings are actually South and North wings in reality?

I just like to be able to picture myself there somehow, call me weird if you like!

Thanks

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:42 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

Brown Sauce wrote:
Hello Everyone, newbie here, starting watching Deal over the last year and can't believe how addictive it is - the tension of Will They / Won't They and Should They / Shouldn't They is wonderful stuff, and the drama of the wins and losses. Plus I grew up with Noel on the telly (Swap Shop was in my childhood) so that's great too :lol:

I feel closer to a programme when I know where it is (found the Eastenders set on Google maps years ago, LOL), and if I can picture the set and location. I found that the studio is at Paintworks in Bristol
http://maps.google.com/maps?&hl=en&ll=5 ... 6&t=h&z=17
and from studying some of the games where people were sent outside, and Behind The Scenes clips on YouTube, I think I've got it sussed where the Offices and Noel's green room are (west of the studio), with the Art Dept next door, and the players green room building to the east, too.

Apparently it's in Studio 6, but I'm not 100% sure about the orientation (although there's a plan of the studio space on a BBC website). I believe the entrance is right behind the audience, at the East side of the long part of the L shaped Paintworks 6.3 - right?
So as you enter the building, and stand at the front of the audience still facing the same way (west) as you came in, towards the players, the West and East wings are actually South and North wings in reality?

I just like to be able to picture myself there somehow, call me weird if you like!

Thanks

If you are over 18, you can always apply for audience tickets. The first time you go there is always a bit special, walking into the Dream Factory for the first time.

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:09 pm    Author: Brown Sauce    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

Thanks, but I'm over a hundred miles away, with a travel phobia. I don't leave hometown much :oops:

Am I right about the orientation?

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

Brown Sauce wrote:
Thanks, but I'm over a hundred miles away, with a travel phobia. I don't leave hometown much :oops:

Am I right about the orientation?

I think so but not 100% sure.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?
Administrator & Global Moderator

I think you've got the orientations correct, based on my memories of the studio and what it looks like on a map.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:59 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

I'm down there next week so I can check using the GPS on my phone if you want.

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 pm    Author: Brown Sauce    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

Thanks all - anyone definite? 8)

Simon F wrote:

Thanks, LOL, not sure I need that much precision, but if you fancy taking some photos with your phone that would be wonderful :smt023

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:17 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

Brown Sauce wrote:
Thanks all - anyone definite? 8)

Simon F wrote:

Thanks, LOL, not sure I need that much precision, but if you fancy taking some photos with your phone that would be wonderful :smt023

I only know for sure where the actual studio and the 2 holding areas (for the contestant and the audience are) and those are all near each other.

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:26 pm    Author: Brown Sauce    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

As far as I can see, the contestants changing rooms etc are here
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=51 ... 6&t=h&z=19

Am I right?
And where's the pilgrims holding area, please? :smt023

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

It's the same building. Different entrance though, obviously.

The building just to the left on the picture, with the lighter coloured roof, if the actual studio.

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:08 am    Author: Brown Sauce    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

What will they do when Paintworks flatten these buildings for their Phase 3?
http://www.paintworksbristol.co.uk/index.php?id=87
It looks like the studios (6.3) will remain, but all to the east will go! As if the noise and dust won't be bad enough, where will the holding areas go? :shock:

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:32 pm    Author: Brown Sauce    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

MisterAl wrote:
The building just to the left on the picture, with the lighter coloured roof, if the actual studio.

Yes - although the BBC Productions website says there are 5 studios there
http://www.bbcstudiosandpostproduction. ... istol.html
(Deal is in Studio 6)
So I'm not altogether sure how far along the side of the building the entrance is.

I think on one game when someone was sent outside, the immediate view was down the space between the two buildings the same size (1 is the green rooms) towards the longer building on the far east of the site (running N-S) with a tacky old office frontage as seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=038mA4-fsaE&t=14

However, later in that video the good people seem to be walking quite some distance along the side of the studios building inside the orange barriers. So I'm still confused. Need pictures of the entire side of the building with an arrow to the entrance, and a shot looking out of the door :lol:

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:25 am    Author: Brown Sauce    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

Google has updated Streetview, and now you can look around the road past the studio, shots taken May 2012.

Here's the 6.3 studio with board saying "Home of Deal or No Deal" -
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=5 ... .7,,0,8.68

So, 4 clicks backwards, we see the side of the studio building with what I presume is the audience entrance somewhere -
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=5 ... 8&t=m&z=16
- is it up the wooden steps there? Or to the left - when players get sent out they don't appear to be going down any steps?

Ta :)

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:31 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

Shame I don't live in one of those houses nearby... then I would be able to see every show recorded...

Hopefully I'll be there one day!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Exact Studio Location?

If you look here and zoom in, Unit A is where the contestants stay between shows. To the right of that is Unit B which is the pilgrim's holding area between shows.

http://goo.gl/maps/gpPLf

Seems a bit odd not to the portaloos in that picture (they would normally be the just to the left of where the Unit A sign is)

[ 15 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]