Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:11 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 8:11 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:38 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Your best/worst of 2011

Warnings: 0
Anything to do with 2011 really. How about some categories to get things going. Add any suggestions for categories.

1. Best/worst player
2. Best/worst "Deal"
3. Best/worst Noel moment
4. Best/worst twist
5. Best/worst offer in live play

1. Best, Dale. Worst, 'cocky' scott
3. Worst, Noel(early jan?) when he did the 'get some bravery' intro
4. Best, The scrooge bluff in Tony 30/10

Last edited by norwichdonder on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011

I was going to do something like this on New Years Eve.

1. Best/worst player - Can't really say as I don't know

2. Best/worst "Deal" -
BEST... Caroline (£95,000)
Tegan (£250,000)
Dale (In Wheelchair, £100,000)

WORST... Toni (£26,000)
George (£15,000, for the third time ... should have been the first £250,000, but didn't because of his wife)
Frank (who played the Friday just gone)
Rob (the BIGGEST banker victory of all time)

Also to ALL the players who dealt at the third offer.

There are others but can't think of them right now.

NONE

4. Best/worst twist

None for best...

WORST - the "EXTRA" offers.... (if it works out to be a spanking or near abouts then it's best).

Can't think of best...

the worst will always be that damn £26,000.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:54 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011

Nobody would be saying Dale for best player if he'd had the blue in the box. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:12 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011
Global Moderator

(This is incomplete; will maybe add more at a later date.)

1. Best/worst player - all will be revealed when I publish my 'Favourite player in each wing position' again in a couple of weeks.

2. Best/worst "Deal"
Best: (box openings: Dale, Tegen, Kerrie, Kevin); (offer dealings: Caroline, Micole)
Worst: Darrel (£0 winnings, ultra-cruel Banker behaviour), Rob (even though I sympathise with him, it was just too painful, and annoying, as he didn't sell the 250k, and now all official documents say he did! :x )

Best: His openings of the final boxes on games with pitch invasions! And his dressing up in Leroy and £750 Gordon's games.
Worst: all those times he plays about with the offers. And his throwing out of various players got a bit tiresome too at times.

4. Best/worst twist
Best: Cowboys and Indians, where the choice of skill or luck was quite a neat idea.
Worst: What else, the catapult! :x ;) And the Shield of Destiny wasn't much use either, as no-one got their guesses right! Oh, and those little boxes from Tracey and Tony's games.

Best: 140k (Kerry-Anne), 22k (Elvis), 95k (Caroline), 71k (Micole), 165k (Suzanne), £4 (£4 Paul) :lol: , Wayne's joke offer of a cup of cocoa :lol:
Worst: 24k (24k Michael), 15k (Geoff), 26k/30k (Smah), 77k (Tegen), £10,021 (Fran), 30k (Suzanne), 20k/25k (Charlie), pretty much all of Em and 1p Charlotte's later offers, Clare's final offer today.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Last edited by hogwild94 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011

James1978 wrote:

Yellow card :lol:

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:18 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011

hogwild94 wrote:
Oh, and those little boxes from Tracey and Tony's games.

Nothing wrong with them, it gives the player the chance of getting more money which is a excellent bonus.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:40 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011

norwichdonder wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Yellow card :lol:

It's true though. ;-)

Honestly I can't decide for most of these questions!

I'd say my favourite player of the year was probably Tomas, and my worst was Kerry-Anne (what the hell was she thinking?). Joycey comes close in that respect too.

Best deal: Caroline I guess though I was uncomfortable with some of her earlier gambles.

Worst deal: Michael - I'd normally understand someone dealing on even a great board that sort of amount it there was the chance, even if small, of losing the lot, but he had one box to open AND a guaranteed £10k.

Can't really think of "Noel moments" to be honest, they just seem to all blend into one. I remember him being particularly irritating during Julie's game last month but can't really remember what about!

Best twist: I have to say I do like the surprise mid-round offers between 5-box and 2-box sometimes. Sometimes they have allowed the player to avoid disaster (I'm thinking postman Andy and the likes).

Worst twist: Everyone dealing before 5-box in Halloween week and then the banker offering silly gambles with the catapult becuase they know the thing's a complete waste of time.

Hogwild has alrady said most of the best-worst offers, but add Joycey's 5-box and 2-box ones on there and she blindly turned them down becuase of her one-sided approach!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011

1. Best/worst player
Too many to list...

2. Best/worst "Deal"
Best: Offers - £95k Caroline, £71k Micole
Box Opening - Tegen £250k, Dale £100k, Suzanne £250k
Worst: £15k + Games Console Geoff, £8k Rob (it was just horrible to watch :( ), £20k Wilf (third offer with Power 5 intact), £26k Toni (too many reminders of Donna's game), Michael £21k? (all red 5-box), most third-offer deals.

Best: Loz lifting Noel up in the air!
Worst: Every game where Noel messes with the offers. That boring conversation about kitchens.

4. Best/worst twist
Best: Cowboys & Indians
Worst: Every special show that used the stupid Catapult. Any regular game with 4 & 3-box offers.

Best: £140k Kerry-Ann (8% above the average), £90k Joycey, £70k Gurpal, £22k Elvis, £4 Paul (well above the average), £71k Micole, £165k Suzanne (highest ever in live play)
Worst: £8,500 Clare (today), £77k Tegen, £15k + Games console Geoff

Fan of classic rock and metal

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:58 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011

Oh I changed my mind about "worst" player. Tony from January who dealt £22k at 8-box with all the top 4 still there (cautious but reasonable given what I've said earlier about the chance of losing the lot), but after he'd dealt he said he wanted to be back in live play at every opportunity, then when they finally did offer it to him he turned it down! I thought he was a prat to be honest.

Actually I pretty much hated January, even with Dale's win. I was still annoyed about losing the More 4 repeat, couldn't get used the longer show as there was a lot of cautious deals and trainwrecks, stupid twists like those silly extra boxes for Tracey's game (they just HAD to push her until she took the gamble didn't they?) and it all seemed a bit desperate. Luckily I was off work on the day Tomas played and saw the full thing and that's when I realised they needed the longer format for some of these players, and it was the same for Archie shortly after. :)

KP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:16 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011
International Forums Moderator

Best player: not sure as I never watched enough live, but Tomas sounded hilarious. Hilda too.
Worst player: can't really say.
Best deal: The statistically good ones have already been noted, so: Parvinder at 8-box in a twist week for an OPW that quite possibly killed off the catapult.
Worst deal: The last one from Kerry-Anne with "no" in front of it. :P In all seriousness, Michael, followed by Geoff. I'd say Jenna in the game after Tracey's but in context, I'm not sure I can (see below).
Best Noel moment: Surprisingly enough it was in Dale's game where he used the OHO line to point out that he couldn't get the £26k back if he gambled and lost!!
Worst Noel moment: Take your pick. As nobody else has mentioned it, I'll go with the multiple occasions in the live shows where he told contestants they were "OK for time" and then desperately run down the clock to leave players with seconds to decide at two-box. Especially egregious with Kevin as his 2-box was all-or-peanuts - thankfully the resultant impulsive gamble ended up costing Endemol £75k. :P (Funnily enough Noel handled the clock better in week two, gee I wonder why?!?)
Best twist: Surprisingly, I think the "find a blue and get a 4-box offer, find a red and you don't" is a great twist, complicating the five-box decision.
Worst twist: Double or Double or Double or Nothing in Tracey's game. Yes, that was even worse than the catapult, because it was the worst example of goading a player into gambling since at least early 2007, and probably ever. Hilariously subverted when the next player took one of the worst Deals of the year. :P
Best offers: Most have already been mentioned, but there's been a few hilarious ones - £6,000, two dozen red roses, Turkish Delight, and a diamond necklace in Andrea's game, anyone? £60,000 in Alphonso's game after seeing the £250k in the box was perfectly judged, and deserves credit here.
Worst offers: Tegen's £26k was shocking in context, and Suzanne's £30k was even worse. By the time the Banker changed course in the latter game in particular it was too late.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

holly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:03 am    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Your best/worst of 2011

BEST PLAYERS - Dale, Tegen, Suzanne, Kevin, Anthony (20k)

BEST/WORST DEAL - Best - Caroline's £95,000 Worst - Geoff's £15,000 and games console.

BEST/ WORST NOEL MOMENT - Best - whenever he dresses up and looks silly :) worst - when he drags things out.

BEST/ WORST TWIST - Best - Those little boxes in Tracey's game (January) and Tony's game (June). Worst - When people dealt at 5 box during halloween and the banker offered mini gambles and they took them.

BEST/ WORST OFFER IN LIVE PLAY - Best - Elvis' £22,000, Caroline's £95,000, Suzanne's £165,000. Worst - Yesterday's £8,500 at 2 box, Tegen's £77,000 and Suzanne's £30,000 5 box offer.

[ 11 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]