Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:04 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 9:04 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

Loopy54

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:03 am    Author: Loopy54    Post subject: Got a call!!!!!!!

Warnings: 0
I got a call from the Dond team, but unfortunately I think I have blown it, my life changed so much since I auditioned, my circumstances at the moment are up in the air, but convo was like another interview, after I semi explained, then they said it was just to update records, and might or might not hear from them again, I got super excited, but I think my circumstances have ruined my chance to get on the show. You get that feeling, when other person on the phone sounds disappointed on the line, I got that after I put the phone down :(
It's been the worst year for me, let's just say I had got married at the start of the year, and getting this call was actually the highlight of my year :|
I was once told, when they say on the phone they will let you know, it means they have ruled you out, because otherwise they offer you the chance straight away, like my phone interview for audition. But I'm still very happy because the experience of it all was amazing so far x
Does anyone else have had a similar experience?

hevelius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:20 am    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Got a call!!!!!!!

:) hi i would take some hope with the phone call-after all it wasnt a definite 'no'.
i had a call left on my mobile phone on oct 31 '06,after having auditioned in august
of that yr.was told at the audition would only be contacted if successful,so i spent
that evening convinced that it must be an invitation onto the show.when i spoke to
the guy from the team the next morning he said it was to offer me an audition,he
didnt realise i had already had one.he said not to give up hope,they could be in touch
at some stage.i was devastated,i must admit,as i had convinced myself that it would
be a 'yes'.a few months later i visited a fortune teller who predicted that halloween
would be particularly significant in my life,and to look out for coincidence connected
to it.the following yr-'07-i received an email-at halloween time-asking me to re-apply!!
....to cut a long story short-i HAVENT GIVEN UP HOPE...despite it being over 5yrs since
my audition.i really do believe that things happen for a reason,the medium said that i
would have to wait a very long time for the thing connected to halloween.but she said
i would really make a name for myself.....so my advice is to BELIEVE that u have a chance,
u obviously did really well to even get to the audition stage.i hope u make it onto the
show,and i'm sorry to hear that u have had a tough yr.all the best...'hevelius'.

holly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Got a call!!!!!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you mate :crossfingers:.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Got a call!!!!!!!
International Forums Moderator

The audition process does seem slightly odd for this show - I suppose it's a bit more difficult organising when everyone gets on seeing as players end up with two-week recording blocks most of the time and they have to set up the 22 to fit at any one time. What you describe seems a bit wrong to me for some reason, though.

How do the auditions work these days anyway?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:08 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Got a call!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forums Loopy! :)

Don’t worry about it too much. It’s not something you have control over anyway so there’s no point dwelling on it. You’ve done all you can, it’s now just a case of wait and see what happens. They haven’t told you it’s an outright ‘no’ so there’s still a chance. Good luck!

Loopy54

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:52 am    Author: Loopy54    Post subject: Re: Got a call!!!!!!!

Aww thank you, I was getting all excited then I got really jittery, and now in more calm. Your right if it's meant to be, then it will happen, but it's the unknown that's scary, I would have an outright no to be honest then feel like they don't want me. It is a very trying process, I think the best part of DOND is all about whether have luck or not, because even if you get on the show, you could walk away with nothing, and Noney could really help me at the moment lol

Best of luck to everyone in this nervous wait we all have xxx :smt023

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:26 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Got a call!!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much...although that said I got a similar call back in November 2006 and not heard anything since so I dunno

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]