Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:50 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 7:50 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 20 posts ] 

rower

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:48 am    Author: rower    Post subject: can anyone help a dond veteran?

Warnings: 0
hi everyone i was a contestant in feb 2008 paul rowe i am hoping someone might be able to help me. my only copy of my visit to the crazy chair has got wrecked,( damn vhs) i was wondering if any one knew how i could get a copy? i would be very willing to pay for it. yours hopefully Paul.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:00 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

I'm sure there is one about somewhere.

Just read your show's Commentaries on here...viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12795&hilit=paul+rowe

Though, I didn't do the usual saying at the time but I'll do it now...

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR

Should have been a LOT more brave.

I say that when players blow the chances at getting a lot more money (i.e. one of the power five).

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:35 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

Sorry about the rude robots on here Paul, I can assure you the rest of us are not like that.

I don't have any shows archived myself unfortunately but the last part of your game can be seen here: http://ilovedealornodeal.co.uk/Paul-Sat-23-Feb-2008-4-10-PM/

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:01 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

Have you tried getting in contact with the show? They might be able to send you a copy. :ponder:

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

I do actually have some games from that month recorded on VHS - Bing, Martin, Reg, Justin and Derek, but sorry Paul I don't have yours.

BTW is there ANY need for that Mark??? How would you feel if you were a contestant and someone said that about you? (Well the reverse criticism since you always go the end no matter what)?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:00 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

Just reading back the commentary for Paul's game, some things never change on here regarding the attitude of people to the game.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:43 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

James1978 wrote:
BTW is there ANY need for that Mark??? How would you feel if you were a contestant and someone said that about you? (Well the reverse criticism since you always go the end no matter what)?

He's said in the past:

"It's a free country, I can say what I want and when I want!"

I'd just grin and bear it. Why not? We all know he'll never change... ;)

holly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:19 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

Hi Paul, welcome to the forums.
I agree with "The Banker" your best bet is probably to get in touch with the show. They will probably have a copy of it. :)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:31 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

They still use VHS? I would've thought they'd put these on a DVD or something.

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:40 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?
Global Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:

I was using VHS tapes until April last year!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:01 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?
Administrator & Global Moderator

hogwild94 wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

I was using VHS tapes until April last year!

I was using VHS tapes until July this year, when we had the digital switchover and finally got Freeview properly. :P

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:04 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

RMF1254 wrote:
James1978 wrote:

He's said in the past:

I'd just grin and bear it. Why not? We all know he'll never change... ;)

Fair enough for us, we're all used to it, but if I was a former contestant who hadn't posted on here before with a polite request and read THAT as the first response I'd be horrified and not come back. I just think it's downright rude and disrespectful.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:35 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

James1978 wrote:
Fair enough for us, we're all used to it, but if I was a former contestant who hadn't posted on here before with a polite request and read THAT as the first response I'd be horrified and not come back. I just think it's downright rude and disrespectful.

TBH, I don't think Mark intended to actually bully Paul there... I do get the impression that he merely intended it as a joke... :eyes:

Not the funniest joke in the world, mind. ;)

It would be a very different matter altogether, though, if we we dealing with someone like £8k Rob.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?
International Forums Moderator

I may have to email him (there's an email link he's left on the forum) so he knows we've got in touch with him. He's probably not going to come back now after this, well done Mark :roll:

(It wasn't even a bad decision, in fact I'd probably have criticised him for his decisions if he'd won £100k with those offers!!!)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:23 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

Seriously, guys - why would a former contestant who dealt and missed out on more money decide that he/she wouldn't come back to a thread he/she created just because a forum member with crazy beliefs posted "Oh dear... oh dear... you should have been a lot more brave" on it but probably didn't actually intend to insult him/her? :? :?

If I dealt and missed out on even the £250k, and then I went on a forum and a member slagged me off in this manner, I'd laugh it off.

Only if that member kept on slagging me off every time I visited the forum would it become no laughing matter...

the wellser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:40 pm    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

RMF1254 wrote:

In that case he won't mind me pointing out he's the forum moron.

Anyway this game should be aired on Challenge at some point in the future however it may take a couple of years?

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:40 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

rower wrote:
hi everyone i was a contestant in feb 2008 paul rowe i am hoping someone might be able to help me. my only copy of my visit to the crazy chair has got wrecked,( damn vhs) i was wondering if any one knew how i could get a copy? i would be very willing to pay for it. yours hopefully Paul.

Hi Paul

I've checked through all my archives of DoND and have found a copy of your show :D

It'll be no problem to arrange a copy for you :smt023

rower

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:11 am    Author: rower    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

thank you so much everyone, you have been so helpful. I just want to say Marks comments dont bother me, i have certainly heard alot worse and to be fair he is exactly right what he said. i did deal too early and yes i did loose £76k, it could have been mine but unfortunately my circumstances dictated that £24k was at the time a massive amount of money. I was earning £200 a week my wife was also working full time and we had anew born baby. i was under pressure. what i can say is i too am now like Mark i do believe that when oppertunity comes around we should grasp it with both hands. CARPADIEM. thanks again , i will certainly look in from time to time, and if i can help any one i will alway try.

holly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 am    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

It's good to have you here Paul :smt023.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:41 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: can anyone help a dond veteran?

rower wrote:
thank you so much everyone, you have been so helpful. I just want to say Marks comments dont bother me, i have certainly heard alot worse and to be fair he is exactly right what he said. i did deal too early and yes i did loose £76k, it could have been mine but unfortunately my circumstances dictated that £24k was at the time a massive amount of money. I was earning £200 a week my wife was also working full time and we had anew born baby. i was under pressure. what i can say is i too am now like Mark i do believe that when oppertunity comes around we should grasp it with both hands. CARPADIEM..

Thats very bold of you to say that and certainly gives a different perspective to things on here. Congrats on the win though! I don't remember seeing your game though.

[ 20 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]