Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:06 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 8:06 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:14 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Worst relative interference ever
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
I'll start by listing the obvious: Donna's partner, Leila's mum, Sam's fiancee, Ammarah's mum, Sarah's fiancee and now Geoff's wife. Any more worth mentioning?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:16 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever
Administrator & Global Moderator

There was a player called Ken from March 2008 who was heavily influenced by his daughter and missed out on a lot of money. (I never saw his show, so just going by comments on here at the time!)

unclekevo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:57 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

I forget his name but he was from May last year, he was around the time of 1p De and Rosie, the blind lady and his wife/fiancée influenced him.

Also, Rob's parents from May

holly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:15 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

unclekevo wrote:
I forget his name but he was from May last year, he was around the time of 1p De and Rosie, the blind lady and his wife/fiancée influenced him.

Can you remember what he won?

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:18 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

unclekevo wrote:

Also, Rob's parents from May

Could be Michael (god that seems a name always assoicated with poor deals) - he won £8k but ended up with a £50k/£35k last pair (the two highest values on there when he dealt)?

Around the same time there was Dave the Rave whose daughter was such a killjoy. She wanted him to deal £750 on a £15k/blues 5-box. He won 10p in the end and it looked like she was going to kill him.

There's also a clip on YouTube of someone called Chris who I think was from around December 2005 (the studio has Xmas decorations) when his wife says "Cars are cold at Christmas" or something! Should be on Challenge soon.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever
International Forums Moderator

Seeing as this thread was started after yesterday's game... Pip! Another one where the offer ludicrously stuck, except that was in proveout after a perfectly justifiable Deal, albeit one clearly sealed through interference...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:04 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

Here's that clip of Chris:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5reVkAZzpM4

God that woman deserves a slap! "There's nothing there with it" - what about 35k and 20k you stupid cow!!! (Apparently he could have had 57k at 5-box but I know they had AMO proveout offers back then). :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

Yep, it was Michael

Kanga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:53 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

Can I add the twin sister of Bev 14/12/09? She let slip Bev,s target and probably cost her £2K.
It was a game I saw recorded and I vividly remember Monique's mother in the next game in her woolly hat refusing to open her mouth.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

Kanga wrote:
Can I add the twin sister of Bev 14/12/09? She let slip Bev,s target and probably cost her £2K.
It was a game I saw recorded and I vividly remember Monique's mother in the next game in her woolly hat refusing to open her mouth.

That's weird, that was just the game I was thinking of, having also seen it recorded.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

In the wake of today's game, would it be wrong to add Toni's mum to the list? :eyes: :?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:16 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

"Think about winning 1p." Way to bring negativity into the game! :x

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:10 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever
Global Moderator

Time to bring this thread back up in the light of today's game. :smt011

Paul's wife is a definite addition to this list! :x :smt011

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:09 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

Worst one i can think of his CSI Karen's boyfriend (She played on November 8, 2010)

Basically, Karen was considering an offer of £15k at 8-box with £75k & £250k higher than it and £10k just below it. And IIRC her boyfriend was advising her to deal. But she no-dealt and in the next 2 boxes she found the £75k and £250k! Karen broke down after losing the QM (Her highest possible amount was then £10k, so she couldn't get offered £15k again), But her boyfriend didn't seem to show any sympathy for her at all, he just sat there looking like he wanted to shoot her for turning down £15k!

Then at the next offer he was all like "I can't beleive she didn't take the £15k" or something along those lines!!

Luckily, Karen did recover to win £10k. Would've been a horrible ending if she didn't!

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

taff

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:39 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: Worst relative interference ever

Donna's partner (I think from December 2006??) was probably the worst but I think that rates as one of my favourite shows!

[ 15 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]