Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:48 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 7:48 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?

Warnings: 0
James1978 wrote:
Skyline wrote:
James1978 wrote:
Yes, and also deal a first offer if it was good enough too.

YOU'D DEAL AFTER JUST ONE ROUND? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If the offer was high enough yes. I don't think I have actually seen one that I'd deal on the show though (I was tempted by Howard's £18k with £75k and £15k gone but maybe that's just hindsight goggles) so no need to worry!! :)

Would you have taken Rich's £20k first offer?

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?
International Forums Moderator

I'm pretty sure, even at the time with no hindsight, I'd have taken Howard's £18k.

I said at the time I'd have taken Rich's £20k.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:45 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?

Not with only the £20,000 had gone and all the power five still in play you wouldn't!

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:48 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?

You do realise, don't you, KP, that if you'd taken that £20k, it would have been an OPL on an enormous scale - and Noel would have probably exploded with frustration?

I don't know why, but I can just about imagine him shouting out "You blew it! You absolutely blew it!! You could have had over £100,000 more!!!"

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: ;)

Mark wrote:
Also hopefully no more third round deals.

That's like hoping that McDonald's goes bust... I can't see it happening, somehow. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: ;)

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:53 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?

BankerSpanker wrote:
James1978 wrote:
Skyline wrote:
James1978 wrote:
Yes, and also deal a first offer if it was good enough too.

YOU'D DEAL AFTER JUST ONE ROUND? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If the offer was high enough yes. I don't think I have actually seen one that I'd deal on the show though (I was tempted by Howard's £18k with £75k and £15k gone but maybe that's just hindsight goggles) so no need to worry!! :)

Would you have taken Rich's £20k first offer?

No, the board was stronger than Howard's and the offer only £2k more.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?

Could you imagine the reaction of Noel (and probably at least 90% of the internet fans) if someone managed to get an OPW out of the first ever pre-3rd offer?

:D :D :D

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:45 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?
Forum Games Moderator

That would be pretty awesome. :)

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?

It'd probably get at least one person banned (a third-offer Deal with the contestant posting drew the two previous bannings after all).

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:14 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?
Forum Games Moderator

Was that when that basicacid dude got banned? That would have been popcorn-eating material had the posts not been deleted :)

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:18 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?

And Wilson, yes.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:20 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?

To be honest, for reference I would LOVE to see the pre-cleaned-up version of that thread. I thought a contestant getting upset at those two would have happened loads earlier than it actually did! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:49 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Would you take an offer at 14-box if it was high enough?
Forum Games Moderator

I think those posts are gone forever now... :?

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]