Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:05 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 9:05 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:05 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

Warnings: 0
I wonder if Noel will have to rush the contestants for a decision like Davina does when the players are thinking about the category choice on Million Pound Drop.

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:33 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October
Global Moderator

Here's a thought: who'll be the box openers for the Live shows? Will they just keep the then current 22 on, or get friends and relatives to do it?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October
International Forums Moderator

I'd anticipate 21 pilgrims to be honest.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:22 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

KP wrote:
I'd anticipate 21 pilgrims to be honest.

I'd volunteer to open a box I think (but then I presume most pilgrims would)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:47 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

A bit of extra news is that they are apparently planning a 'rehearsal' on the Sunday before for 'regulars', so perhaps pilgrims who attend that will be opening the boxes... or perhaps they will do something else entirely! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

dond_rules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:20 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

I just presume the people that will be choosen will be fresh from their interviews and thrown into live TV. I doubt Noel will be going up to innocent people in the street.

These will be known people by Noel/Endemol who he may of met in other avenues.

I am currently writing a book

On my experiences with a serious disease which almost cost my life. (Since applying for Deal I have been into hospitals and helping out other youngsters who went through this disease)
and I am now in the process of setting up my own foundation which was one of my main aims when I applied to Deal Or No Deal.

The book has a Personal Account on my Deal Or No Deal journey. Which ended with the silver ticket.

Good Luck to the people choosen for 2 weeks.

By the way the live shows fall on my 25th birthday. :smt023

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:03 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October
Administrator & Global Moderator

According to the Banker on Twitter, Noel is surprising all the live shows players this week, by knocking on their doors! He confirmed that the players during the live shows will be a mixture of people who have previously auditioned, people who have previously applied (but not been auditioned), and people who have never even applied.

Noel's in the Birmingham area today and will be somewhere new each day. The Banker's announcing on Twitter at midnight each night where Noel will be the following day.

hevelius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:09 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

:halo Wow..VERY EXCITING....for the lucky chosen ones....

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:12 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

OMG, if Noel came knocking at my door, I'd scream so loud the whole street would hear me!
I wonder if he'd be likely to be in my area. I'm in Milton Keynes.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:22 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

I'm still wondering how Noel will knock on doors of people who haven't applied. Are they just going to pick random people?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:03 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

Might be spare Christmas Star nominations, or people on Twitter perhaps? (Suspect it's worryingly easy to find their address if on the extended electoral register if the user's real name and rough location is on Twitter, at least if it's an uncommon name.)

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:06 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

I had wondered whether the people who "have never applied before" have actually applied to other Endemol shows (e.g. Million Pound Drop) and that's how they have their details.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:42 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

Very plausible. Perhaps this is where the old and/or northern applicants who never seemed to get onto MPD might have actually not been wasting their time. Plus, because they applied as pairs, they already have a ready-made partner to get on screen. Noel will hate that :P

paulyc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 am    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

I had the weirdest dream about the live shows last night. I dreamt that the contestants and even Noel were all very nervous and the banter was awkward. Also, they had all the crew sitting in front of players on the set for some reason. It was rather bizarre! :shock:

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:43 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

Here's a new blog post from the official website about the live shows: http://blog.dealornodeal.co.uk/dond-onl ... -involved/

It also says something rather interesting about the banker looking for "attractive ladies" to be box-openers. I saw a tweet of his regarding that, but I thought he was joking - apparently not!

It also seems they're looking for box-openers for a rehearsal this Sunday - more info available on this tweet: https://twitter.com/#!/catspooner/statu ... 7278300160

RMF1254

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:47 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

Attractive ladies, huh?

Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir3su-4IgdY

;) 8)

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:11 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

I wonder if the people who have never applied include some of the ones always posting "How do I get on this show" on the FB threads and official site.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

h2005 wrote:
Here's a new blog post from the official website about the live shows: http://blog.dealornodeal.co.uk/dond-onl ... -involved/

It also says something rather interesting about the banker looking for "attractive ladies" to be box-openers. I saw a tweet of his regarding that, but I thought he was joking - apparently not!

It also seems they're looking for box-openers for a rehearsal this Sunday - more info available on this tweet: https://twitter.com/#!/catspooner/statu ... 7278300160

Can I sue Endemol for sexism. Why should only ladies be allowed to open boxes?

paulyc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:30 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

Simon F wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Can I sue Endemol for sexism. Why should only ladies be allowed to open boxes?

Well its endemol who do Million Pound Drop and to be honest they seem to have an aversion to older players on that show that isnt going unnoticed on the fan sites. I get a bit fed up watching all these young uns, just wanting to win cash for shoes or a lads' holiday! lol.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal to air LIVE shows for 2 weeks in October

Same arm of Endemol, too (Remarkable Television).

This is a horrible step towards the US version, isn't it?

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]