Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:01 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 9:01 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 

the wellser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 am    Author: the wellser    Post subject: What would your DOND twist be?

Warnings: 0
Mine would be The Bankers Burner, which would offer blue winning contestants a way to win some money if they'd be willing to put a prized possession like an teddy bear at risk.

Think as a TV producer not as purest who wants the format to always be the same and be twistless.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: What would your DOND twist be?
International Forums Moderator

I'd like to see the Banker's Gamble used to bring the game back into live play at five- or even eight-box if the offer would have been a near-stick. It would add an extra element of interest to the longer proveouts.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

travis P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:22 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: What would your DOND twist be?

There are a couple of twists I have seen in Australia that could work here.

Mega Guess
As we know, the case openers on Aussie Deal could win €500 by guessing the contents of their case but now and again they offer a mega guess where a contestant could win $5,000. You could have The Banker telephoning once a contestant picks a box but asks the box opener to guess the contents. If correct, he or she could win something like £500 or £1,000.

Super Case
At some points a contestant deals early they could win more than their winnings. A giant case is wheeled out and they could either take their original deal or open the giant case which is one of six pre-determined amounts. Here it would be called Super Box or The Mystery Box. If a contestant deals early, The Banker can ring up and ask Greg to wheel out a golden box. The six pre-determined amounts could be. 5p, £25, £500, £2,500, £10,000, £25,000. So if a contestant deals for £3,000 they got a 1 in 3 chance of winning something more.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:02 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What would your DOND twist be?
Forum Games Moderator

There will be two joke prizes replacing the £1 and £50. These joke prizes will be roughly worth the values they replace. However, there will be a square called the "Joke Prize Monster", replacing the £5,000, activated by 4 randomly selected boxes. If selected in the correct boxes, will replace the joke prizes with values ranging from £250 to £25,000. The correct boxes that will activate the Joke Prize Monster will be revealed after the box containg the Joke Prize Monster is opened. This can only be activated before 2-box, and if you select If the Joke Prize Monster is in your box, you win £5,000. If you choose the JPM box after both joke prizes have been removed, nothing is changed.

I have a few more special squares in my series. Some of them are outrageous though. :lol:

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:45 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: What would your DOND twist be?

My twist would be a game without any unnecessary Banker phonecall, extra offers, one box at a time or Trick or Treat twist.

[ 5 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]