Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:05 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 8:05 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

Which of the following statements do you most agree with?
Poll ended at Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:02 am
"Deal or No Deal has too many cautious players and not enough risk-takers." 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
"The balance between risky and cautious play on Deal or No Deal is about right." 54%  54%  [ 6 ]
"Deal or No Deal has too many risk-takers and not enough cautious players." 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Opinion poll, August/September 2011
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
I'm going to do a number of monthly polls around the middle of each month from now on, to get a gauge of the forum's opinion on different elements of the show. Each one will ask you to select one statement to agree with, from a choice of several on the same topic.

This month's poll is on the risk attitudes of the contestants. Are there too many cautious players? Maybe you think there aren't enough? Or do you think the balance is about right?

Poll closes at 10am on September 14.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 am    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Opinion poll, August/September 2011

I chose there's not enough risk takers.

I mean, yeah, the £250k and £100k were won recently, but that was with quite generous back up.

I don't want the show to be flooded with them, but more gung ho players like Kerry-Anne and Corinne would shake things up a bit and be a lot more exciting.

cfd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 am    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: Opinion poll, August/September 2011

I voted that it's about right. We have quite a few cautious deals for the big money which I'm fine with. Then we have players turning down above mean offers on a 250k finish.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Opinion poll, August/September 2011

I think the balance is about right. I'd prefer it if there wasn't an obvious preference for aggressive gameplay, but that's faded since its peak in 2007. The problem is probably more that some of the big gamblers don't get a chance to demonstrate the full extent of their risky attitudes because they get weak boards, which in turn means that you have to cast a disproportionate number of them to get enough of the dramatic big-money finishes a lot of viewers are desperate for - and if you do that you get quite a few "wasted" games.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:40 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Opinion poll, August/September 2011

No prizes for guessing what I voted for...... :)

The top one.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Opinion poll, August/September 2011

It's about right. Mathetically, I'd prefer more sensible deals but as a viewer, it would be a boring show if you didn't get the odd rational gamble every so often.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:04 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Opinion poll, August/September 2011

I put the top option becuase if that happened it would shut some people up on here. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Opinion poll, August/September 2011

The forum must be getting to you, James!

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]