Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:39 am Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 4:39 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Should the 1p Kiss be dropped?
Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:49 pm
Yes 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
No 72%  72%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 11

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:49 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: The 1p Kiss

Warnings: 0
Am I the only one who has got sick of this? Personally, I think it's overdone. What does everyone else think?

I've put in a poll that asks whether it should be dropped or not.

Fan of classic rock and metal

DanS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:54 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: The 1p Kiss

I don't think it should be dropped. It's a fun gag and tradition when it does pop out.

Of course, it's when 2 men kiss and Noel makes a big deal out of it that it's starts to become grating. We get it, 2 grown men kissing is funny Noel. Now please just stop.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The 1p Kiss
Forum Games Moderator

At it again.

(Oh and I voted no.)

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:57 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: The 1p Kiss
Global Moderator

This video sums up my answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BL6QvKljo :lol:

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:58 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The 1p Kiss
Forum Games Moderator

hogwild94 wrote:

Skyline likes this video.

mallard2007

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:13 pm    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: The 1p Kiss

A similar topic on this was posted here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21273

As I said there, I think the 1p kiss is OTT and Noel is still making a big deal of it, particularly when it's between 2 men.

Noel acts as though it's really funny and naughty to see 2 men kissing, but is it? Is he implying homosexuality in men is funny? He doesn't make such a big deal when it's two women.

The only time I've found a 1p kiss funny was when it was between massive Stephen and small Gra, and that was because of the size difference, not because they're both men.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: The 1p Kiss

I think they're funny when it's a young male contestant (I'm talking teens/very early 20s here) and a slightly (slightly being the operative word) older woman. I'm thinking of Calum/Rachel and Martin/Shell from 2009.

Noel's all like "Look away now, Calum's mum"!!!! :)

Oh and another good one was Owain with Anita. Noel said "Talk about sending a boy to do a man's job!"

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

cfd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:31 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: The 1p Kiss

Skyline wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:

Skyline likes this video.

Longer version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ahSCKmJ ... re=related :D

I love Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog :D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The 1p Kiss

You know what, I'm fine with short 1p kisses but what I find annoying are the ones where everyone makes a huge fuss about them.

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]