Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:19 am Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 12:19 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 

How do you tend to watch the show?
On SDTV 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
On HDTV 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
On both SD and HDTV 16%  16%  [ 2 ]
Online 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
On SDTV and online 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
On HDTV and online 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
On all three 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:26 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: How we watch DoND
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Here's a quick poll to find out how we usually watch the show, on what media. The reason for this question is, I'm trying to work out whether the on-screen paddles (with the amounts on) would be better shifted to the side for next year's shows, for the benefit of widescreen TVs. That's the time when digital switchover will be completed (June 2012) and the point where virtually no SDTVs will be produced.

I'd suggest only moving the paddles to the sides during rounds, and not during offers, as that would detract from viewing on SDTV. Too soon? Should have been done a long time ago? :ponder: Let's find out! :P

cfd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:40 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

HDTV or this forum :)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

Depends how many 4:3 televisions are still in use with set-top boxes. The key thing here is the aspect ratio rather than HD/SD, as SDTV broadcasts in widescreen are frequent.

The last episode of DoND I watched was on a 16:9 SDTV :) However, my usual TV is an HDTV (well, actually a PC monitor with an HDMI slot).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:20 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

I watch online during the week. I tend to just hit the wide button on my Freeview remote when I do get to watch it on my non-HD TV.

cfd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:06 am    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

Where can you watch online? Do c4 do a live stream?

the wellser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:46 am    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

Isn't DOND produced in SD, so therefore only unscaled to HD?

Kanga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 am    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

We have a wide screen TV that is tuned for analog and freeview digital. I watch DOND on analog because our digital picture breaks up all the time on channels 3,4, and 5. I'm hoping it will be better when the analog is switched off later this year - if not I can see we will be forced to get cable :suspect:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:55 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

Analogue has been switched off in my area so I watch it on Freeview or sometimes on Sky HD.

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

The wellser is right - DoND is filmed in SD and aired upscaled on C4 HD.

Wonder if there's going to be an upgrade of the camera equipment over at Paintworks this summer. The answer may well hint at how much Channel 4 think this show has a future...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

the wellser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:43 pm    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

I don't really think this forum is representative of the majority of people who watch DOND on a daily basis, so probably not the best place to carry out this survey.

I don't know if it would look right if the amounts were outside of the 4:3 safe areas.

the wellser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:48 pm    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

KP wrote:
The wellser is right - DoND is filmed in SD and aired upscaled on C4 HD.

Wonder if there's going to be an upgrade of the camera equipment over at Paintworks this summer. The answer may well hint at how much Channel 4 think this show has a future...

Is Countdown filmed in HD? We know that's not going anywhere regardless of whether it is or not. I guess the studios at Granada are more likely to be HD as more stuff comes out of there but then that's moving across to Salford Quays.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:44 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

cfd wrote:

No I meant I watch in on 4OD on an evening (used to watch on More 4 before they removed the same-evening repeat this year)

the wellser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:33 pm    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

Simon F wrote:
cfd wrote:

No I meant I watch in on 4OD on an evening (used to watch on More 4 before they removed the same-evening repeat this year)

Although you can watch DOND as it goes out on tvcatchup.com which has streams of most Free to air channels.

bb67

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

I barely see any games live these days with the exception of Friday's.

All three I use.

holly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: How we watch DoND

I watch it in SDTV mostly but sometimes online.

[ 15 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]