Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:55 am Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 2:55 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Did you know about the third jackpot winner?
YES 28%  28%  [ 9 ]
NO 71%  71%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 32

DanS

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:11 am    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

Warnings: 0
You can't blame The Banker's twitter for wanting to raise awareness over today's game. It was a special game, and if I knew it'd happen then I would have tried to get people to watch it too.

The problem is trying to be extremely subtle, which isn't an easy thing to do.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:15 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

h2005 wrote:
With regards to the Youtube clip released by the official DoND Youtube channel, I don't think it gave away that the £250k would be won; it just had clips of Noel saying that something had never happened before. I assumed he was referring to an all-blue or all-red 11-box, or something like that.

Statistically, we'd only have to wait about 2,612 years for that to happen! :lol:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:31 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

h2005 wrote:
With regards to the Youtube clip released by the official DoND Youtube channel, I don't think it gave away that the £250k would be won; it just had clips of Noel saying that something had never happened before. I assumed he was referring to an all-blue or all-red 11-box, or something like that.

Granted it didn't mention a win or show any boxes and I presume the vast majority of the audience of DOND aren't quite as fanatical or savvy about the show but for me that clip either meant

a) The first male QM winner

or

b) An incredible strong finish (and given we'd had Kirsty's 3-box before) it had to the the finish we had today.

Mind you, soaps are far worse with spoilers - at least we don't have future DOND events staring at us in the face in newsagents every day.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:10 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

Since I was in the audience for quite a few of the games coming up, I was spoiled about the result of Suzanne's game less than 24 hours after it was recorded. (Not being able to avoid such spoilers is the one and only downside to being a regular pilgrim.)

andsaunders

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:16 pm    Author: andsaunders    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

One of the most amazing games I ever saw. She was helped a lot by the board. Did anyone see Noel shedding a tear afterwards?

cfd

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:20 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

StatsMan wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Statistically, we'd only have to wait about 2,612 years for that to happen! :lol:

I got an all red 8-box (there's 16 boxes) on a DOND fruit machine once! Only had that once :)

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:31 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.
International Forums Moderator

And I'm sure you worked this out already but that's a 1 in 12,870 chance :)

(This is probably also approximately the chance of the fourth £250k win not being spoiled at all.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

cfd

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:32 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

KP wrote:
And I'm sure you worked this out already but that's a 1 in 12,870 chance :)

(This is probably also approximately the chance of the fourth £250k win not being spoiled at all.)

Haha, I hadn't actually!

Given how much I play them though it's probably not too unlikely that I stumbled upon it...

Bojangles

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:02 pm    Author: Bojangles    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I knew because I was in the audience that day. My daughter is playing so I was at quite a few of the games around this time. It was am amazing experience and I'll never forget it. I collected some of the confetti and have it at home :lol:

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:25 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I didn’t know for sure but I had an idea from what I read in the spoiler section that it was either going to be won again or something extraordinary would happen.

People kept mentioning Suzanne so when it came to her game I was sort of half expecting it to be won (which took some of the tension away). However I didn’t know that it was going to be won like THAT though! With the dream finish and swapping for it! WOW just the most amazing and perfect game ever! :D

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]