Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:50 am Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 12:50 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Did you know about the third jackpot winner?
YES 28%  28%  [ 9 ]
NO 71%  71%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 32

Mark

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: The Third £250k Winner.

Warnings: 0
So come on then, be HONEST... who knew about the next jackpot winner?

If so very well done for keeping it to yourself!

If you voted YES in the poll, do say so please.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I'm afraid I did, due to a certain person telling me on MSN :suspect:

However, I did not know about that dream ending...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I saw the Banker saying that you should watch today's show on Twitter but I wasn't expecting what I saw today.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

Expect something about it to be in tomorrows papers. Not that I know if there is going to be anything about it.

Also it probably will go in Noel's Hall of Fame during the summer break, providing that there is going to be another one this year.

Kanga

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:28 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

No - although Suzanne was on the wings for the games I saw, I didn't see her game.
The only hint I got from here (with hindsight) was some mention of the banker being live on twitter. Even when she got to the last 2 or 3 I was still expecting it to go wrong - though once the last blue went I was confident she would go to the end if the £QM was still in play. :smt023

travis P

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:32 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

Someone on Digital Spy (who went to the studio after it was on) mentioned it to me way back in early January via private message. Felt it was worthwhile to keep it hush.

Mark wrote:
Expect something about it to be in tomorrows papers. Not that I know if there is going to be anything about it.

Also it probably will go in Noel's Hall of Fame during the summer break, providing that there is going to be another one this year.

Good question. Be interesting if they're doing one hour editions for the Hall of Fame this year as there will be about 200+ regular shows come the summer break.

pgtips

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:33 pm    Author: pgtips    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I did but only as I know someone who has also played this week. Not been on here much since my game last year but the excitement is back, still a great show I was on the edge of my seat even though I knew the outcome x

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:40 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.
Global Moderator

No, though I was suspicious based on that video on the Deal YouTube page and those rumours KB has been going on about.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

unclekevo

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:49 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I was expecting it due to everyone mentioning her name but didn't know.

DanS

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:18 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

Not a clue. Which was fantastic for me, as I missed Laura and Alice's games and I knew the result by the time I caught up.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:55 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

Sadly, I had an idea, going by all the talk of not missing today's show... :?

I certainly didn't know, though, that Suzanne would have the dream finish and take the swap along the way.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:13 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I honestly didn't have the foggiest, apart from a few vague spoilers than I had read on here about Banker's Birthday week, and the trailer on the DOND homepage, but I thought THAT game on there was referring to Michael. :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.
Administrator & Global Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
I saw the Banker saying that you should watch today's show on Twitter but I wasn't expecting what I saw today.

Same here.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:14 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I didn't know about the win, but knew something special was going to happen. Again mainly due to The Banker's hints on Twitter.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:38 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I didn't know about today but when that clip came on Youtube with Noel mentioning waiting 5 and a half years for something, I had a fair idea it was either going to be a male QM (which went out the window in the first 2 minutes of the game) or the dream finish.

Can understand why they promoted it in the same way that the BBC or ITV would promote a big episode of Corrie or Eastenders but it would have been nicer not to know (although not being able to watch the show on C4 or C4+1, it gave me chance to avoid twitter and facebook).

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:53 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

Yes, I don't think that was a particularly subtle move by the banker, to suddenly do a live commentary - but although it aroused suspicion, as to what still remained a mystery at least!

The truth is, I didn't know exactly when it was going to happen, but I knew the player would be Suzanne with the dream finish, so I was intrigued to see if KB's prediction date would be spot on! I was also half-expecting Harry to play today as an 'Indian' had played yesterday and they seemed to be alternating... :oops:

It was quite hard watching and trying to keep quiet with the family today, but completely worth it to see their enjoyment and astonishment as the game unfolded to its dramatic conclusion, and it was thrilling even knowing the result! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

h2005

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:00 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I think the banker had asked people when they wanted the Twitter commentary, as he tweeted to say that "Twitter had spoken" and it'd be held on Friday. But there was a good chance people would go for Friday! He also seemed to be heavily advertising Friday's Twitter commentary once he'd declared it'd be held today. :suspect:

KP

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.
International Forums Moderator

The name got mentioned to me a few weeks earlier, but I was told that she was playing outside the theme week.

The fact there was a third £250k win was mentioned to me soon after taping, but I was told it was another deux ex machina.

So I got spoiled, but not accurately. I had no idea today was the day until 4:05pm when I saw the thread title "13/05 Suzanne". And even then I wasn't sure.

I hadn't seen the US-style spoiler clips, in fairness.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:06 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

With regards to the Youtube clip released by the official DoND Youtube channel, I don't think it gave away that the £250k would be won; it just had clips of Noel saying that something had never happened before. I assumed he was referring to an all-blue or all-red 11-box, or something like that.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:08 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: The Third £250k Winner.

I wasn't sure it was in the themed week, but with that 5-box I think she'd have gone to the end with 3 to open barring a hugely generous offer...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]