Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:02 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 6:02 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Duffer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:20 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

Warnings: 0
travis P wrote:
It's a fickle subject but many game shows accept those from 16 years or older. Unless Endemol has a policy for 18+ only for DoND.

It's probably to do with all that gambling going on... (*hides from KP*)

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

I might try and get down to Bristol when the filming starts again. I always thought it was too far to travel from Leeds but having done the journey in around 3.5hrs the other week, it doesn't seem so far now.

jonny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:32 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

you have to be 18, but...meh. I went with a group of 19-year-olds, and not one of us was asked for ID. You just have to lie and say that you're 18. Unless you look about 12, you'll be OK.

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

Kanga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:41 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

collydolly wrote:
wokoman88 wrote:
Anyone know what week they return in October?? :)

Not as yet, I usually phone up in September when the audience team return :D

Is anyone going to be in the audience in October? I've tried and spoke to Charis today. She offered me Tuesday 6th at 9am or any day the following week. I asked if the 6th would be a Christmas show and she said no but I took it anyway.
When the confirming email came it said Friday 9th at 8:15 so I'm confused :blueponder
I've sent an email back to Charis for clarification.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:20 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

Did you ask for Tuesday or just any day in that first week, because I was hoping to go down on the Monday (5th), sent an email to them yesterday, nothing back yet.

To be honest, I'll be a bit annoyed if I can't get in, as I contacted them back in JUNE about tickets, and they even sent me an email saying they would contact me when the audience team got back!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Kanga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:00 am    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

I rang and left a message and Charis rang me back a couple of hours later. She only offered me Tuesday in the first week so I assumed nothing else was available but she could have been steering me - I didn't explicitly ask for Monday - or Christmas :?
If nothing else is available why is my email for Friday :suspect: - It doesn't make sense.

As to them ignoring your June email - I think you should chase it up. :whyme

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:43 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

I've sent StatsMan a pm with a phone number so I hope he can sort it out. It seems they are a bit short staffed in the audience team and Charis is checking all the other phone numbers.

I also asked in June but I don't think they keep records from then as lots can happen to people since then :roll: I rang on Monday and also filled in a form but they have been so busy. Charis rang me yesterday when she found my message on another number.

I must be famous :roll: I walked into our local train station, not a small one,the advanced ticket window was closed and I thought I would be out of luck then a voice behind me said "are you going to Deal or No Deal?" when I turned around and said "yes" she said "i'll open up the window for you" :roll:

She said she hadn't seen me for a while and I explained the break in filming :D

So I have got my ticket but could not book a seat :roll: also It cost me more than usual, she seemed to think it was a busy train, heck :roll:

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:30 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

Thanks for that, Collydolly. I realise they might not remember sending me that email, but my issue would be I'd rather not have received it, because I kinda expected to be high on the list of call-backs given they said that would contact me when they returned. Still, I sent a form on tuesday and have just left a message with Charis now, so there's not much more I can do, but wait!

Kanga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:20 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

I have had another email from Charis with the correct date of Tuesday 6th at 9am -so at least that confusion is sorted.
Collydolly - I'm glad you got the date you wanted - did you ask if Monday the 5th was Christmas shows?
I was a bit surprised when Charis said that Tuesday wasn't.
Statman - I hope it works out for you

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:42 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

I've filled in the form on the official DOND applying for tickets a few days ago but not heard anything from them yet? Is this normal?

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:09 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

Well, for reasons frustating, I haven't managed to get hold of Charis today - we keep missing each other! :smt011 However, I have left a message saying the dates I wanted and mentioning the June email to see if that will help my chances...

Also, I got a sale room a while back thinking I could get in for these dates, so chances are I'll be going to Bristol that day anyway for a spot of sight-seeing if it doesn't work out! :lol:

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:34 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

Kanga wrote:
I have had another email from Charis with the correct date of Tuesday 6th at 9am -so at least that confusion is sorted.
Collydolly - I'm glad you got the date you wanted - did you ask if Monday the 5th was Christmas shows?
I was a bit surprised when Charis said that Tuesday wasn't.
Statman - I hope it works out for you

I did wonder if the Monday was for Christmas shows but Charis didn't say and I didn't ask, I will leave her a message to find out :D

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:28 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

I'm guessing that the games recorded on 5 and 6 October will be Scrooge vs. Santa games, but not Christmas Star games. But that is just a guess. (Which makes me think -- have they put out a call for Christmas Stars this year at all?)

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:42 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Filming dates
Administrator & Global Moderator

Good point! I searched for "christmas star" in the commentaries from last summer, and it'd appear that they started advertising for nominations from 14th July 2008 (which was Marysia's game). The deadline for nominations was 8th August 2008.

So either they're leaving it really late this year, or they're not bothering with the Star shows. Or perhaps they're using people from the Summer 2008 nominations?

Personally, I prefer seeing the normal shows at Christmas, so I won't be upset if they don't do the Star shows this year.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:45 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Filming dates
Administrator & Global Moderator

Although having said that... in 2007, the first mention of Christmas Star nominations seems to have been on 1st October, with the deadline for nominations being 2 weeks later...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:47 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

Before it got dull! Yeah...

Well I hope you get something planned, guys! I haven't managed to go since last June now, and now I've got a little more time on my hands I'm looking into maybe arranging something. Dot, me and AJ have already pondered about it, so if something materialises, we'll let you guys know!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:21 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

Big-Davey wrote:
Before it got dull! Yeah...

Well I hope you get something planned, guys! I haven't managed to go since last June now, and now I've got a little more time on my hands I'm looking into maybe arranging something. Dot, me and AJ have already pondered about it, so if something materialises, we'll let you guys know!

As you can see by my sig I am going on the 5th October the Monday, the trouble is the Christmas Star shows they only want you to see one and it is too far to go for one show Davey :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:26 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

I'm not bothered about Christmas shows...they want different audiences for each one so fair dos anyway

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

travis P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:19 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

I have a feeling they aren't bothing with Christmas Stars but don't quote me on that. If they are applying the same as 2007 then recording will take place in early December. If they are going ahead, does that mean we will have a full DoND week as Boxing Day is on a Saturday?

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Filming dates

Right, I've managed to eventually get booked up for early October after some negotiation - and it's another 2-day trip for me! :D

The shows on the Monday will be (by my calculations) 14th, 15th and 16th December, which is probably too early for Scrooge vs Santa, and it's not been mentioned to me.

Logically, you'd think they'd start the specials at the start of the week, so maybe 21st through to 27th will be S v S, not sure if Xmas Stars will figure this year.

Anyway, looking forward to it! :lol:

[ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]