Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:58 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:58 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

hotcopper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:06 am    Author: hotcopper    Post subject: Audition this Friday

Warnings: 0
Hi Everyone.
I'm new to this site.
I've got an audition for DOND on Friday 13th.
Any tips from anyone.
Thanks
Mike

ellenaitch2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:02 pm    Author: ellenaitch2    Post subject: Re: Audition this Friday

Relax and enjoy!! dont over play it, be genuine respond to your questions with honesty! and SMILE. God luck
Regards
Wrighty

ellenaitch2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:03 pm    Author: ellenaitch2    Post subject: Re: Audition this Friday

OOoops!! Good Luck

Wrighty

debs_west_wing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:04 pm    Author: debs_west_wing    Post subject: Re: Audition this Friday

hiya, having just finished my stint on the west wing, my advice for the audition would definitely be to be yourself (unless you're miserable, in which case pretend not to be!). the audition process is not intimidating and i talked a load of nonsense at mine (i'd just that day found out i was pregnant so was in a bit of a state of shock!), but i think as long as you try to relax and appear genuine, chatty and cheerful, you stand a good chance of being picked.

and i didn't hear anything after my audition for about 1.5 years so if you do get a silver ticket but don't hear anything for ages, don't give up.

wishing you the best of luck

debs

hotcopper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:10 pm    Author: hotcopper    Post subject: Re: Audition this Friday

Thanks Guys.
I'll do my best and let u know how I get on. :)

hotcopper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:01 am    Author: hotcopper    Post subject: Re: Audition this Friday

Got through-now waitring for the call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mickeyjlo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:30 pm    Author: mickeyjlo    Post subject: Re: Audition this Friday

Hi,

I too got through to the silver ticket stage, but I'm not sure if my 5-minute interview was good enough to get me onto the show. Very exciting though!

Does anyone know - how many auditions there were (I know there was London, Manchester and Birmingham and two sessions per venue)

And how many people they pick? Presumably if you're not a "no" they keep you on file for a while and may pick you at any time?

Just trying to see what your chances are if you get through to that stage!

Debs - it was encouraging to read your story - how much did you win and what was it like?

Cheers
Michael

Penny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:02 pm    Author: Penny    Post subject: Re: Audition this Friday

LOL! Having read all that I'm beginning to get a bit paranoid and wonder what is wrong with me, if I was supposed to just be myself and enjoy it! I think I did both, but I found the interview bit threw me.

If I were doing it again, I would definitely have something prepared to say about myself. I presumed they would ask some questions at the first interview bit, but a quiet girl just turned on the camera, and that was it.

hotcopper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:02 pm    Author: hotcopper    Post subject: Re: Audition this Friday

Loved the whole day. I was at Bristol in the afternoon, group 3. I think a lot of the people who were 'over the top' didn't get through. Out of about 170 people, about 40 got a Silver ticket. I enjoyed my 5 mins to camera, seemed to whizz by. I got the impression that unless you really mucked up on the 5 mins interview you would get onto the show at some point. They told me at the end to expect a call within the next two weeks so fingers crossed.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]