Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:00 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:00 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:57 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: DoND News

Warnings: 0
DOND will be moving to Bottle Yard Studios

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update/201 ... l-to-move/

Fan of classic rock and metal

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:14 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: DoND News

Knew about that earlier in the week (saw something on Twitter) and it was mentioned at the Dream Factory during the last week of filming a few months ago.

Certainly not as convenient a location as the old studio (which was 15 minutes walk from Temple Meads Station). Expect the Bristol taxi companies will be doing extra business

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:24 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: DoND News

From Paintworks to Bottle Yard! :D

Looks to be a similarly-sized warehouse they'll be using to the current one, and I expect we'll see pretty much a replica studio... although maybe they'll mix it up a bit! :P

It'll be interesting how much of an impact moving further away from the City's main train station might have on pilgrim intake - it's not as directable a location for tourists. Although on the plus side, it's pretty close to the Leisure Complex, so plenty of visitor parking! :smt023

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:39 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: DoND News

StatsMan wrote:
From Paintworks to Bottle Yard! :D

Looks to be a similarly-sized warehouse they'll be using to the current one, and I expect we'll see pretty much a replica studio... although maybe they'll mix it up a bit! :P

It'll be interesting how much of an impact moving further away from the City's main train station might have on pilgrim intake - it's not as directable a location for tourists. Although on the plus side, it's pretty close to the Leisure Complex, so plenty of visitor parking! :smt023

And FREE parking by the cinema ect!

bluebell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 pm    Author: bluebell    Post subject: Re: DoND News

Hello Archie,

It will be good to hear what the new Deal studios are like and the parking too. I think parking was a bit difficult for pilgrims at the old studio. I wonder if everything will be under one roof instead of walking over the yard for amenities.

BB

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:44 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: DoND News

bluebell wrote:
Hello Archie,

It will be good to hear what the new Deal studios are like and the parking too. I think parking was a bit difficult for pilgrims at the old studio. I wonder if everything will be under one roof instead of walking over the yard for amenities.

BB

Hi BlueBell,

From what I've read, It's going to be a lot like the old site at paintworks, with all the different buildings for edit ect. HOWEVER, I could be wrong, and the studio and audience may all be under one roof.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:47 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: DoND News

Series 10 recording starts on 28th October in the new studio. FREE parking too!

http://blog.dealornodeal.co.uk/the-show ... series-10/

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:18 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: DoND News

All booked in!

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: DoND News

New interview with Noel from earlier this month. Possible hint of a future theme week in there, a good read nonetheless.

https://www.gameshowcentral.co.uk/features/exclusive-talk-noel-edmonds/

On the subject of theme weeks, the Halloween theme has been announced here... http://www.imediamonkey.com/2013/10/14/deal-or-no-deal-goes-spooky-for-halloween-week/ Probably best to reserve judgement for now.

stewartw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:10 am    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: DoND News

Word on Bother's Bar that DOND is moving to 3:30pm from the New Year. http://www.bothersbar.co.uk/?p=7811&cpa ... ent-144822

With ratings as they have been I don't think this was unexpected.

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:37 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: DoND News

stewartw wrote:
Word on Bother's Bar that DOND is moving to 3:30pm from the New Year. http://www.bothersbar.co.uk/?p=7811&cpa ... ent-144822

With ratings as they have been I don't think this was unexpected.

Make or break.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:17 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: DoND News

6th January is when DOND moves to 3:30pm according to Digiguide.tv

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DoND News
Administrator & Global Moderator

I wonder how this will affect the ratings from 4+1, as I reckon people watch it at 5pm on 4+1 when they return home from the office, college, school, etc...

rico7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:28 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: DoND News

h2005 wrote:
I wonder how this will affect the ratings from 4+1, as I reckon people watch it at 5pm on 4+1 when they return home from the office, college, school, etc...

Hopefully it won't have a detrimental effect but in reality I think is more likely to than not. Will it go back to 45 minutes, and what show will go in the time slot afterwards?

stewartw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:51 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: DoND News

rico7 wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Hopefully it won't have a detrimental effect but in reality I think is more likely to than not. Will it go back to 45 minutes, and what show will go in the time slot afterwards?

It's still an hour (sadly).

Yeah I think a drop is inevitable, but I can't see it falling through the floor. Most people who are in and want to watch DOND at 4pm will be in at 3:30pm. It also has a half-hour head-start over Tipping Point, which could work in its favour. Impact on +1 will be interesting; I don't know how it does at the moment but at the start of the year there were around 100-110k tuning in on there.

4:30pm will be Come Dine With Me/Four in a Bed style shows which I guess deserve the slot more than DOND these days - even if they are just as tired. Also I imagine the revival of 15-to-1 will go in here - but I really can't see that doing any better than DOND is, that will get boring very quickly I fear.

Countdown shunted back to 2:40pm just as it was rebuilding its audience is a shame. IMO Countdown is still as watchable, as a format, as it has ever been. Just needs to lose Nick Hewer and I'd be watching every day again. Ideally, I'd stick Countdown at 3pm and Deal (45 minutes) at 3:45.

This may well be DOND being put to bed but hey, they said that about Countdown moving to 3:15pm in 2003. You never know with those rascals at C4....

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:18 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: DoND News

2:40 is such a stupid time to put Countdown on. There may be kids at school who like to watch it when they get home. Yes I know there's Sky+ but not everyone has it.
I also agree with stewartw, I can't stand Nick Hewer, he just bores me. I enjoyed it when Jeff Stelling presented it. Too bad he's focussing more on Sky Sports now. :|

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:58 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: DoND News
Forum Games Moderator

Jeff's fantastic whatever he tries his hand at... :) :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: DoND News
Administrator & Global Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
6th January is when DOND moves to 3:30pm according to Digiguide.tv

The move to 3:30pm doesn't seem to be happening on 6th Jan now - I don't know whether Digiguide made an error or whether the schedule changes have been pushed back (or scrapped).

The Channel 4 listings show DoND remaining at 4pm until at least Fri 10 Jan, whilst Digiguide looks a bit further into the future and has it remaining at 4pm until at least Fri 24 Jan.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:43 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: DoND News

Ah, that's good to know. 3:30 would take some getting used to.

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:49 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: DoND News

From Monday 17th February the show has a new time slot... 3:30pm - 4:30pm.

[ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]