Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:49 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 5:49 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

is the 250k unwinnable?
Yes 26%  26%  [ 12 ]
No 73%  73%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 46

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:49 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
If it's on the board then it's winnable simple as that...

crutlew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:12 pm    Author: crutlew    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

75% said NO! Your all fools.

Of course it can be won! Obviously it's not easy, but it's a serious amount of money, endemol arent going to give it away.

The contestant who eventually wins the 250k (and I do believe it will happen eventually) will have a lot of guts and determination; and will of course be a huge gambler.

It's been won in other countries, so it's only a matter of time till it happens here.

Oneboxgame

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:02 pm    Author: Oneboxgame    Post subject:

Of course it's winnable. I can honestly say while watching Germaine's game if I was there I would have said no deal to £75,000. But of course it's a massive gamble, and can work the other way, as I also know that if I was in Aaron's position I would probably have gone to the end and walked away with 50p. So the need for a combination luck AND a lot of guts makes winning it quite unlikely.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:40 am    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

yea it will be won

once someone gets down to the last two with two high reds from 35k -250k i guess people will take a gamble

bork

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:59 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

I still think it will take £75,000/ £100,000 and £250,000 to make someone say no deal to the final offer.

The swing is just too big otherwise.

Credit Dauphine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:23 am    Author: Credit Dauphine    Post subject:

All the ammounts are just as winnable as each other. It's just, you have to have faith and ignore what the banker offers you.

Equal chance of having £250 or £250,000 in your box.

Noel_Edmonds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:08 am    Author: Noel_Edmonds    Post subject:

Personally I have decided if I ever go on the show and I'm left with £250,000 and anything over £10,000 I'm saying no deal. The odds they give make it worth it. The £75,000 offer they gave with £250,000 and a blue box mean't you would win 3 times the offer on a 50/50 bet.

Although the odds of me getting on the show, let alone the odds of getting to the end with £250,000 left are so tiny ts probably not something i'll ever have to decide.

3/April Guess the £250,000 box winner.

BlairM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:24 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

It's definitely winnable but with those rare set of numbers left and a gambler for a player as everyone has said.

I sit here and think if you're left with £250,000 and £10k as you say Noel_edmonds, I would no deal. But I bet once on the show the £100k offer would be too tempting!

Rockjack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:53 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

Doesnt someone very soon nearly win it

cant wait for the discussions

clareybabes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:01 pm    Author: clareybabes    Post subject:

crutlew wrote:
75% said NO! Your all fools.

Of course it can be won! Obviously it's not easy, but it's a serious amount of money, endemol arent going to give it away.

The contestant who eventually wins the 250k (and I do believe it will happen eventually) will have a lot of guts and determination; and will of course be a huge gambler.

It's been won in other countries, so it's only a matter of time till it happens here.

I think the poll says that 71 % think it is winable as the question is do we think its un-winnable and 71% have put no its not unwinnable which means we think its winnable. :? ....i am all confused but i think i am right?!

neefs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:49 pm    Author: neefs    Post subject:

Thats right clarey !

If you answer no to unwinnable you think that it is possible that someone could win it.

I really think it will take someone with a lot of courage to go for it. I know in my heart that if I got down to anything 75k + and the 250k then I would open my box and i wouldn't swap either ! However, being on the other side of a tv screen and being sat in that chair are two completely different emotional and mental states so who knows what would happen if they were in that situation?

I'd like to think I had the courage --- but you never know what the banker is going to tempt you with !

bushy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:17 pm    Author: bushy    Post subject:

Enough evidence today surely to put this one to bed?

clareybabes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:20 pm    Author: clareybabes    Post subject:

nuff said :D:D

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:31 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

bushy wrote:
Enough evidence today surely to put this one to bed?

Absolutely. :D

That was an incredible final 3, then final 2.

It is always going to need someone with a lot of bottle to refuse the bigger offers on the way and then take the gamble at end.

Kirsty proved that she had that bottle and also hopefully proved to any doubters that winning the top prize is possible.

OK it didn't quite work out for Kirsty (if you can call winning £75,000 not quite working out) and she didn't get the big prize, but she provided a heck of a game and full marks to her for that. VERY well done girl :D

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]