Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:53 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:53 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:51 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Exactly, it's been a terrible week.

I mean watching Lance's, Louise's and Carol's shows I felt sick at seeing all that lovely money being greedily cremated.

Absolutely awful. Clive and Betty were the best. No more.

Last edited by jiveclive on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?
International Forums Moderator

We've got another contender!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:04 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

To be honest, I don't think Marysia's was that bad. It wasn't good, but I'd say Charles' deal was worse!

The board was certainly worth over double though.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

Totally disagreed - Charles's board was only worth about £5k more if that. Marysia's was worth at least £10k more.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

I agree. In more in the Michael/Hayley category than the Lance/Louise/Richard/Colleen category as I can't see how £6,600 is life-changing.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?
Administrator & Global Moderator

I don't think Marysia's deal was too bad due to the 3 blues / 2 reds split, but it's certainly one of the worst 5-box deals.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:28 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

I thought it was utterly horrendous, as was her decision not to take the Banker's Gamble (although it was inevitable in the context of her having accepted the previous offer). They're both up there with the worst for me.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:09 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

James1978 wrote:
I can't see how £6,600 is life-changing.

To me £6,600 wouldn't be enough to change my life, but it would certainly make my life a lot easier for a while. To someone else, however, £6,600 may be enough to change their life. I'm not sure what to make of Marysia's deal. I was relieved when she dealt, as I looked at the clock just before and it was ten to five. Thinking about it, she only really needed to keep one of the reds in to get a better offer, so I'd have given it a shot.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

*what daniel said* - a bit strange to go that far and then bail out for a moderate amount with 2 large sums in play -probably just very bad board reading - the board just suddenly looked bad because there were 3 blues there but she ignored offer generosity.? :?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

I think we have a new contender today with William! The rejection of the Banker's Gamble was certainly even worse than Marysia's...

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:58 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

Yep, not sure whether or not it's a worse rejection of the Banker's Gamble than Ann's!

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:05 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

Lewis246 wrote:
Yep, not sure whether or not it's a worse rejection of the Banker's Gamble than Ann's!

I think Ann's rejection of the gamble was slightly worse, but William's original deal was far worse. Ann was having a terrible game, and only had the £10k left above the figure she dealt at. William was having average luck in his game, and had two of the power 5 left when he dealt.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:44 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

Yeah I wouldn't put Ann's original deal in this category at all, it was just turning down the gamble that was ridiculous...I think I might agree that William's was worse though. Although I suppose he had the fact that the Banker knew what was in the box to make it a more difficult decision.

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:56 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

Both Ann and William turning down the Gamble were bad, as I'd have taken both Gambles, and both were well worth the risk, given the potential gain over the potential loss. Mind you, in William's case, I wouldn't have taken the £4,000.01, it was an abysmal offer, and IMO, one of the worst ever deals.

matthew17

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:08 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

William's one of the worst as well. :smt009
Dealing £4,000.01 was terrible to start with. Then he goes and rejects the Banker's Gamble! I thought that was a perfect situation to take it on, and it probably would've had an interesting finish to the game. But no.
I don't really care if he got away with it, it was still a stupid decision. :evil:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:22 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

I do believe if there was a smaller gap between £100,000 and £250,000, then I think more people would be encouraged to gamble due to the fact that the board is more stable. (Richard and Colleen - NO CHANCE)

If you think about it, look at the difference:

£500,000
£300,000
£150,000 etc

or

£750,000
£200,000
£150,000 etc.

The board is more solid and some serious bad luck would be needed to destroy amounts that are closer together, rather than a 1 box game before it's even begun.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:50 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

There is a difference between squandering more money, and blowing it big time, and in EPIC style!

For that only, I say Richard and Michael share the worst deal ever - nobody else comes close.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Ben Miller 176

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:58 pm    Author: Ben Miller 176    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

I'm sure Michael would have gone on if he'd been offered £999.

matthew17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:22 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?

Today's deal was defo one of the worst too.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:38 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Worst deal ever?
Forum Games Moderator

matthew17 wrote:
Today's deal was defo one of the worst too.

When are you posting your next gameshow? I'm waiting! :P
Yes, Mike's deal was pretty awful, but not near as bad as Lance's and Louise's deal.

[ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]