Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:47 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 2:47 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
alexandercbrown wrote:
Really there have been a lot of awful deals in 2008 and my mind has been numbed by them because some contestants will deal anything.

Totally agreed. This is what sparked my 'we are all Wakeyists now' comment yesterday. I should have made clearer the prefix to it, 'compared to this lot'.

Quote:
There weren't so many last year (particualrly in the first half) in comparison (the only really bad one was Kelsie's - 27.5K Steven gets criticised but his deal was a lot better than recent deals! although his 'dishonesty' was more the problem. I disagreed with it but at least it was decent for the board!)

Even Kelsie took a pretty big gamble at eight-box, only to then lose it at five-box! That was the worst part of it for me I think. Steven's offer was only a No Deal for me at all because of the generosity of other offers at the time, made me believe an eight-box no-brainer was coming and hence worth chasing!

It was the No Deals of early 2007 that frustrated me, and earned me a reputation as the arch-coward. It is the Deals of 2008 that have frustrated me, and running counter to that reputation. What if we'd had these periods in reverse? Would I have a Wakeyist reputation that then became challenged?

Above all, I'm a critic of bad decisions. And it just so happened that bad No Deals were everywhere and bad Deals nowhere in early 2007, and vice versa this spring and summer.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

What makes it worse is that the "bad no deals" in early 2007 often turned out to be the right thing - resulting in quite a few high wins (and also some blue wins which were quickly brushed aside). However the recent "bad deals" have certainly not been the right thing and many people have "thrown away" tens of thousands of pounds of money by dealing too soon for poor offers on good boards.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Very true - most of the bad Deals that went right were in May 2007.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Pierre's deal was actually pretty bad... dealing £7,000 at 8-box with 6 blues, £75k & £100k, having previously turned down £24,000...

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:41 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Pierre's deal was actually pretty bad... dealing £7,000 at 8-box with 6 blues, £75k & £100k, having previously turned down £24,000...

I didn't see Pierre's game, but that does sound like a pretty bad deal.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:55 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

It was his dreadful girlfriend who made him deal. It was sick, they couldn't leave each other alone for 5 minutes.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:33 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Louise - *beep* hell this eclipses recent cop outs! :shock:

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:36 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Stick Louise in my worst top 10.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

Does that mean the Richard sig is going?

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:07 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I think they're all trying to outdo Richard at the moment! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:11 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Surely this week has to be the worst in terms of decision making? Colleen, Karl and Louise all making crap deals for the board and the offer - and Roy's, Jess' and Slim's could've easily been no deals too!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:05 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I was going to make a dream finish sig but looks like Cookie beat me to it!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

matthew17

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:09 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Surely this week has to be the worst in terms of decision making? Colleen, Karl and Louise all making crap deals for the board and the offer - and Roy's, Jess' and Slim's could've easily been no deals too!

I agree. I don't know what's wrong with these people lately. It's like their families and that have told them "If you don't deal and play to the end, even if you win 1 of the power five, we're gonna kill you"

:shock:
Anyway, I still think Richard's deal is the worst out the lot. His name still haunts me to this day... :eyes:

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:04 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

We've seen some bad deals in the last few months, but Louise's most certainly isn't the worst. It was a poor offer for the board, but at least she didn't deal at the third offer. The banker certainly knew what he was doing when he offered her £20k.

wokoman88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:50 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

Hang on, 47 minutes after the show finished and nobody has suggested Lance yet?! Not that I necessiarily am ,but every game last week seemed to be mentioned here, and so I thought it might have carried on... :D , because as someone once said...

James1978 wrote:

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

Last edited by wokoman88 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:06 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

wokoman88 wrote:
Hang on, 47 minutes after the show finished and nobody has suggested Lance yet?! Not that I necessiarily am ,but every game last week seemed to be mentioned here, and so I thought it might have carried on... :D , because as someone once said...

James1978 wrote:

stick Lance in my top 10 worst too!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:14 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
wokoman88 wrote:

James1978 wrote:

stick Lance in my top 10 worst too!

I think your top 10 could all fall since April this year!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:16 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

I'm afraid Lance's deal is one of the worst ever as well. :( However I think we need a top 30 rather than a top 10 now. :shock: :shock:

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I actually think Lance's is worse than Richard's for definite. Lance dealt £17,500 on a board worth more than double!!

(I could never see 50k getting offered at 11-box in Richard's game for example). Plus Richard didn't have a 50:50 chance of at least double the offer in his box! And it wasn't below the median. :)

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:59 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I'm afraid Lance's deal is one of the worst ever as well. :( However I think we need a top 30 rather than a top 10 now. :shock: :shock:

More like top 100 :shock: :shock:
Lance has just outdone Richard for worst deal ever IMO. I was watching the question being asked and I was like 'Oh for god sake, don't deal' and what does he go and do? :evil:

Who the *beep*ing hell would deal a measly £17,500 on a board like that when there's so much more to win?

[ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]