Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AnneM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:29 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Please Can I Join You

Warnings: 0
:wave: :wave: :wave:
Hello, I am looking for a new home to discus DOND and also general chit-chat.
I hope others who I have befriended on a 'soon to be closed' forum come here
as well. I retired 3 years ago and have had some health problems. I bought this
laptop then and so glad I did. It has opened a new world for me. I look forward
to joining in your chat and hope I have no problems navigating the site. :ponder:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

Welcome to the forums!

Garden sheds aren't very cosy are they? :blueponder

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:19 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You
Administrator & Global Moderator

AnneM wrote:
:wave: :wave: :wave:
Hello, I am looking for a new home to discus DOND and also general chit-chat.
I hope others who I have befriended on a 'soon to be closed' forum come here
as well. I retired 3 years ago and have had some health problems. I bought this
laptop then and so glad I did. It has opened a new world for me. I look forward
to joining in your chat and hope I have no problems navigating the site. :ponder:

Hello Anne, good to have you here! I guess you must have arrived from the Channel 4 DOND forum which is closing at the end of this month.

You might like to have a look at the Forum User's Guide here - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14777 - which may help you if you have any queries.

The forum is easy to navigate! You may like to pop into the sections lower down the forum (the "general" and "off-topic" sections which is where general chit-chat about various topics takes place).

Feel free to ask any questions if you feel you want to...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:15 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

dondlover_uk - I'd love to know who that is! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

jsf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:33 am    Author: jsf    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

HI anne...didn't realise you'd started a thread. I did a 'Hello' one by mistake...sorry :roll: Good to see you, at least we can all still have our chats by the looks of things :smt023
Thanks H2005 and Big-Davey for the welcomes...Thanks for the users guide. It is different here but shouldn't take too long to figure it out :-D

garylq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 am    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

You certainly can! Welcome to you Anne, and to all others joining from C4.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:39 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

hey anne hello!!
LOVELY to see you on here!
Think this new site will take a bit of getting used to!
Thanks for the welcomes gary, david and BIG davey!
I can't work out smileys and how do you add an avitar?? can it be a photo of yourself??
Byeee xxx

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:41 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

I think it can, you just gotta work out the size of the file as you can't put too large a file on here - any problems, H should be able to help!

Oh and welcome! :P

AnneM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:22 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

Thanks for the info Davey and thank you all for the lovely welcome.
Nice to see you Fuzzy and Julie and so happy we have found a new home.
Off to look at your Hello thread now. :smt023

garylq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:11 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

Seeing as you haven't started your own thread yet I will say welcome to you here JuliePenguinFan!

I like penguins too - particularly the jokes on the wrappers!

Only being able to use those ready-made C4 avatars was silly, you can use (almost) whatever you like here, though you will notice that only the good looking forum members actually decide to use a pic of themselves :lol: .

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:53 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

Hi gary :smt031
so is that a pic of you then with a plastic rain hat on then!!!??? :-D
I do like the chocolate penguins too but I'm actually a HUGE fan of the real things ie those funny birds that don't fly!!! :D
And thanks again for being so welcoming! :smt023 Come and say hello to us all on the NEW "hello" thread in the introduce yourself section! We had a lovely chit chat thread on C4 forum and are very happy to be able to continue it on here! More DOND fans the merrier! :smt026
And smilies on this site are super too :banana: this is my fav one!
Byeeee :wave: xxx

garylq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:06 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

JuliePenguinFan wrote:
so is that a pic of you then with a plastic rain hat on then!!!??? :-D

Yes, that's me in the audience of a popular TV gameshow, I challenge you to name the show, and the game!

JuliePenguinFan wrote:
I do like the chocolate penguins too but I'm actually a HUGE fan of the real things ie those funny birds that don't fly!!! :D

I thought as much, sorry, it was just my warped sense of humour in action there.

It's great to see the return of the Banana, I tried using it during H2005/Davids game but it wasn't working then.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You
Administrator & Global Moderator

JuliePenguinFan wrote:
I can't work out smileys and how do you add an avitar?? can it be a photo of yourself??

Information on adding an avatar is available here (and can be almost anything, within sensible limits of course!) - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3009

Daisy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:13 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

JuliePenguinFan wrote:

I shall be offended if my Superman Penguin gift is not used as your avatar...

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:11 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

thanks for that info about avitars david. Hmm my hub is a computer bod, he'll understand it better than me! :blueponder
Oh please don't be offended if I don't use that superman penguin daisy, i'm not sure what i'm gonna use yet :ponder:
:banana:

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:13 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

Gary, err why exactly did you have a rainhood on IN the Dream Factory????? :ponder: :-D
yeah those bananas are COOL! :banana: :banana: :banana:

jsf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:44 pm    Author: jsf    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

Ahhh I remember now...it's because it flooded in the beginning of your game and they had to re-start it didn't they...I didn't recognise you with your hat on!!! :lol:

jsf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:47 pm    Author: jsf    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

Daisy wrote:
JuliePenguinFan wrote:

I shall be offended if my Superman Penguin gift is not used as your avatar...

Daisy ...I'm having trouble with my avatar and I'm not very good with technical stuff :ponder: Do you think you could help me find something with Balloons as an avatar, cos thats what I had before and then maybe I could use that?? :-D

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:53 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

welcome to the forums anne. sure youll enjoy it here,
great name btw :smt023

Daisy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:41 am    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Please Can I Join You

jsf wrote:
Daisy ...I'm having trouble with my avatar and I'm not very good with technical stuff :ponder: Do you think you could help me find something with Balloons as an avatar, cos thats what I had before and then maybe I could use that?? :-D

Yeah sure. I work in a design studio so I've got a trillionmillionwillion photos and vectors. let me have a look and I'll PM you tomorrow.

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]