Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:34 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:34 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

harryfielder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:06 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject: New guy..

Warnings: 0
I've been watching the show from the start and every so often I think I've cracked it.
I've always been a gambler and as the show says..''You pass this way but once''
I've done some tv work in my life so cameras would not put me off..
Here's to the next big winner ;)

Aitch,

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 am    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

welcome to the mad house. :)

harryfielder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:14 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Thank you Flame, there is some good reading on this site....

Aitch, :lol:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:27 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

:welcome: to the Mental institution! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
Hope you enjoy your time here :twisted: :P :D

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:32 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

harryfielder wrote:
Thank you Flame, there is some good reading on this site....

your welcome. glad you enjoy reading the threads. lol. have you applied for dond?

harryfielder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:41 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Flame, haven't applied yet still looking around....

Hiya Cookie... ;)

Aitch,

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:30 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

Hey hey Harry my fellow Islingtonian (is that a word????)

Good to have you here but I do feel like i should warn you... I am the only sane person here, the rest are a bunch of nutters :-D

harryfielder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:29 am    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Maud, talking about Islington.... :roll:

FRENZY…Director…Alfred Hitchcock…
I am now working with the Master of filming.
Where I was born in Islington London, there was a huge warehouse type building on the corner of the Grand Union Canal in New North Road. (Very near the North Pole Pub)
It was in fact a film studio. As a kid in the forties I used to swim in the canal as it cost nothing entrance fee. (You had to watch out for the large Mocking birds floating on top of the water)
I think the studio was called Gainsborough and as a kid I remember strangely dressed people popping into the pub on the corner of New North Road and Elizabeth Avenue. (Supporting Artists of the past)
Anyway, that’s where Alfred Hitchcock made many of his films.
(I could have bumped into him while I was going swimming and he was popping in for a swift half. It’s a small world)
ONTO THE FILM…
I was now the not so proud owner of an old Bedford van and was booked by the 2nd A.D. on Frenzy to report to Covent Garden fruit market for the start of a weeks work...
There must have been fifty supporting artists working that week as market porters.
It was thirty years ago but some people still come to mind, like Big Mo Dunster who was stand/in on films for Donald Sutherland. Jimmy (the crow) Hammilton, Eddie Dillon And Bill (the body) Hemmings.
I remember the day that Donald Sutherland came down to speak to Mo about a private matter and got into one of the shots.(Everyone wants to be in a Hitchcock movie)
Mo has done well for himself and now lives in the U.S.A. looking after the Sutherland clan. Best wishes Mo, love Boysie.
Mr. Hitchcock was not very well while he was directing this film and would line up all the shots he wanted and leave the running around to his 1st A.D. (Colin Brewer, I think)
We filmed all around the market for the next week or so loading vans and unloading vans (Including my old Bedford) but I was more interested in watching the Master at work. Then near the end of the shoot in the market it happened.
The Master looked at me then at the 1st A.D. and said…
‘’Tell that man to climb up on that lorry and start unloading it’’
(‘’That man’’) he said my name, I was being directed by the great man himself.
We shot a lot of the inside of the film at Pinewood. Then some stuff with the Bedford Following a potato lorry up and down major roads and that was it.
I was sorry to see the end of the filming but it’s one film I will never forget.
If you’re looking down from that great studio in the sky Mr. Hitchcock ‘’That Man’’ will say hello when he gets there.
Aitch,

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:40 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Welcome to the forums :D

Maud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:26 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject:

harryfielder wrote:

Where I was born in Islington London, there was a huge warehouse type building on the corner of the Grand Union Canal in New North Road. (Very near the North Pole Pub)
It was in fact a film studio. As a kid in the forties I used to swim in the canal as it cost nothing entrance fee. (You had to watch out for the large Mocking birds floating on top of the water)
I think the studio was called Gainsborough and as a kid I remember strangely dressed people popping into the pub on the corner of New North Road and Elizabeth Avenue. (Supporting Artists of the past)
(I could have bumped into him while I was going swimming and he was popping in for a swift half. It’s a small world)
ONTO THE FILM…
I was now the not so proud owner of an old Bedford van and was booked by the 2nd A.D. on Frenzy to report to Covent Garden fruit market for the start of a weeks work...
There must have been fifty supporting artists working that week as market porters.
It was thirty years ago but some people still come to mind, like Big Mo Dunster who was stand/in on films for Donald Sutherland. Jimmy (the crow) Hammilton, Eddie Dillon And Bill (the body) Hemmings.
I remember the day that Donald Sutherland came down to speak to Mo about a private matter and got into one of the shots.(Everyone wants to be in a Hitchcock movie)
Mo has done well for himself and now lives in the U.S.A. looking after the Sutherland clan. Best wishes Mo, love Boysie.
Mr. Hitchcock was not very well while he was directing this film and would line up all the shots he wanted and leave the running around to his 1st A.D. (Colin Brewer, I think)
We filmed all around the market for the next week or so loading vans and unloading vans (Including my old Bedford) but I was more interested in watching the Master at work. Then near the end of the shoot in the market it happened.
We shot a lot of the inside of the film at Pinewood. Then some stuff with the Bedford Following a potato lorry up and down major roads and that was it.
I was sorry to see the end of the filming but it’s one film I will never forget.
If you’re looking down from that great studio in the sky Mr. Hitchcock ‘’That Man’’ will say hello when he gets there.
Aitch,

Those studios are now posh apartments but still have the same name.

Sounds like you have had an amazing career.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:12 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Well it was better than 9-5 all your life.... :lol:

Hello Mike....

Aitch,

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:13 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Welcome to the forums! :D

jiveclive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:43 am    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

harryfielder wrote:

ONTO THE FILM…
Aitch,

OMG I LOVE ALFRED HITCHCOCK!!!! I can believe you were living in the places where he was making his films well not Psycho of course :roll:

harryfielder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:30 am    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Hello Mr Banker and Clive...
I had 32 years in the biz and every day was a joy to work.
I never made a fortune but I got a good living and now I can tell folks of the ups and downs of the biz...Mainly ups :lol: .
This was a fun job....... :lol: :lol:

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK…Director Steven Spielberg…Elstree Studios…
Cast Inc…Harrison Ford…Karen Allen…
A great joy to watch Mr Spielberg at work.. The whole sequence was set out on storyboards. A master of his craft…
There’s about twenty of the chaps dressed up as (It’s that word again) GERMAN’S.
And it’s near the end of the film where the bad guys find The Ark and all us bad guys are going to get our just desserts.

When The Ark is opened strange things start to happen and strong winds and sand are blown all over the set. Steven tells us to react to strange ghost like creatures coming out of the Ark. He’d point at us and shout above the noise of the wind, ‘’It’s coming for you now react, now it’s got you round the face, react to it.’’
George Lucas was standing next to Steven at times and seemed to be enjoying the action.
Harrison and Karen were tied to a stake at the time so I couldn’t get any help from that quarter…
Of course all the special effects are put onto screen months later as is most films these days…
I read Steven Spielberg’s life story and he didn’t always have it easy. (Read it)
And the last word on this tale must go to Harrison Ford’s stand/in… Jack (Chalky) Dearlove, who is still working for him…Hello Jack

Aitch,

Lucky me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:18 am    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

:D What a fascinating life, unfortunately am old enough :roll: to remember Alfred Hitchcock, the Master. You should write a book Welcome too by the way and most of us are sane. Gotta go now and take my medication ;) . Brenda - 11.9.07.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:23 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Hiya Brenda, (you didn't say if you were a lucky contestant :lol: )
I wish you well.....

Aitch,

Lucky me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:26 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

:D Hi again, won trip to New York, am off in 5 weeks time, take care, Brenda

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:42 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Hello Harry and welcome to the forums! Looks like we have quite a star with us! :P

harryfielder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:07 am    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Hello h2005, never a star, just a guy who did the job he loved.
In life we all have to work to earn a living and I chose a life in the biz.
And with a wife (45 years) and three kids (and five grandkids) it was sometimes tough. But as in DOND think.....

''We pass this way but once''

Jimmy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:37 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject:
Global Moderator

Welcome to the site, harryfielder! Good to have you with us.

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]