Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:56 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:56 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

debs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:48 pm    Author: debs    Post subject: Hi, another Newbie here

Warnings: 0
Hi everyone :D
I found this website after seeing David on DOND and finally got round to registering rather than lurking!

I'm off to see my first recording in a few weeks and I'm really excited - just can't wait in fact. I've also recently sent in my application to be a contestant, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that too.

I need to stay overnight before our recording as we're going to the morning show so we can see 2 shows being recorded. Has anyone got any recommendations for a decent hotel near the studio? I've got the list from DOND but some of them are quite expensive :(

I love this website, and it's great that some of the contestants seem to find their way onto here. I just love reading anything and everything about DOND.

Went to the Dream Factory for my first ever visit on Thursday 26th March 2009 and it was everything I hoped it would be, and more. What a fantastic experience it was - games recorded were Ella, Milly and Nic.

Silver Ticket holder and desperately hoping for "that special call" from The Team.

garylq

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:06 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Welcome to the forum Debs. Good luck with your application, hopefully I will be seeing you at the auditions!

You will love your visit to the Dream Factory, sorry I can't recommend a hotel as I live near enough to Bristol to do it in a day, I'm sure somebody here will recommend one soon.

debs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:10 pm    Author: debs    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

garylq wrote:
Welcome to the forum Debs. Good luck with your application, hopefully I will be seeing you at the auditions!

You will love your visit to the Dream Factory, sorry I can't recommend a hotel as I live near enough to Bristol to do it in a day, I'm sure somebody here will recommend one soon.

thanks for the welcome Gary, I can easily look for a hotel. just thought someone might know of a nice one.

Went to the Dream Factory for my first ever visit on Thursday 26th March 2009 and it was everything I hoped it would be, and more. What a fantastic experience it was - games recorded were Ella, Milly and Nic.

Silver Ticket holder and desperately hoping for "that special call" from The Team.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:12 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here
Administrator & Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums, debs!

Travelodge is probably your best bet, to be honest.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here
Forum Games Moderator

Good evening. ;)

Last edited by Skyline on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

debs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:32 pm    Author: debs    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

h2005 wrote:
Welcome to the forums, debs!

Travelodge is probably your best bet, to be honest.

hi David, thanks for the Travelodge idea. I just can't wait for the next few weeks to go so I can drive down to Exeter - quite a long way from me in Sussex though, hence the overnight stay.

debs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 pm    Author: debs    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Skyline wrote:
Good evening. :-)

good evening :D

foxxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:34 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Hi Debs from another sussex-er! :D

debs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:37 pm    Author: debs    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

foxxy wrote:
Hi Debs from another sussex-er! :D

hi foxxy, I saw your name earlier. I live just down the road from you, in Hailsham!

matthew17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:51 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

welcome to the forum, have fun :-)

debs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:52 pm    Author: debs    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

matthew17 wrote:
welcome to the forum, have fun :-)

hello Matthew, thankyou for the welcome :D

foxxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:14 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Cool!

Enjoy your time here.... theyre really friendly!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

I would say Travelodge too but would also strongly warn you of the early morning rush hour traffic in Bristol - it's a nightmare, so make sure you set off from the hotel fairly early!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

debs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:44 pm    Author: debs    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Big-Davey wrote:
I would say Travelodge too but would also strongly warn you of the early morning rush hour traffic in Bristol - it's a nightmare, so make sure you set off from the hotel fairly early!

thanks Davey, I was hoping to find a hotel within walking distance of the Dream Factory, so I could leave the car in the hotel car park and not have to worry about the morning traffic.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

I think there are some places in town, like the Holiday Inn (bang opposite Bristol T-M), I stayed there last time I was down! Then it's a ten-fifteen minute walk over the bridge to the Paintworks!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

debs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 pm    Author: debs    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Big-Davey wrote:
I think there are some places in town, like the Holiday Inn (bang opposite Bristol T-M), I stayed there last time I was down! Then it's a ten-fifteen minute walk over the bridge to the Paintworks!

I just googled it, found the Holiday Inn city centre hotel. I've also just found a Novotel hotel in the centre of Bristol and it's a pretty cheap rate for a 4 star hotel. Davey do you know if this is within walking distance or not? No problems if you don't - it's just I've never been to Bristol in my life before so haven't got a clue about the area.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:11 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

If it helps you, the studios are located right here.

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:29 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Hi Debs welecome to the forum

Hope your application goes well.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:12 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

Well, I'm going up next week (as you can tell from my sig) and staying in the Travelodge, about 5 minutes from Temple Meads station. I managed to get the hotel really cheap a couple of weekends back, which is great as it's now gone up about £40 from what I paid! Not only that, but the train tickets were 2 for 1 also! :P

(Travelodge are doing another sale, but it's not until start of April)

Anyway, can't wait, it's going to be quite an adventure, a feast of DOND next Monday and Tuesday! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

debs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:47 am    Author: debs    Post subject: Re: Hi, another Newbie here

thanks MisterAl and Luke for the info and welcome :D

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]