Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:25 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:25 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DanJudge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:58 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: New user and current contestant.

Warnings: 0
Hi. I had my first game today as newbie (right wing as you look at it, I forget which one that actually is) Next to Anna.

It's interesting to read some of the articles and about what you all would have done in each situation and what you think of everyone. I will say that everyone on the show right now are all really nice people and all their shows were great to be a part of. I'll not spoil anything by mentioning money or when peoples shows are, but the 2 most entertaining shows for me were Walters and Carols. Watch out for them....HILARIOUS, depending on how much they have to cut out!!!!

All the best, Dan.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:09 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

It's always the "characters" who end up having the best games, even if they're not very lucky ones they ALWAYS make up for it with their banter! :P

Welcome Dan - about time we have another statsman on the show!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

wokoman88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:10 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

:welcome: Dan

I hope you had an awesome game.

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

foxxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:02 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Hiya Dan,

It's really great to hear from people that are actually involved with the shows!

I really wish you well!!!!

Rob

(Application submitted!!!!!!)

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:25 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.
Forum Games Moderator

:welcome: and good luck

alex xxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Welcome! Hope your game was fab! How much fun is it Bristol? We loved it! x

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.
Administrator & Global Moderator

Hello to you too Daniel. Hope you thoroughly enjoyed your time on the show!

wicked stepmother

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:55 pm    Author: wicked stepmother    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

We've already "spoken" but welcome again to the forum. It's great to be able to put a face to the name now.

I told Ty "hi" from you and she says "hi" back :smt023

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:08 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:19 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Thanks guys.
Good show tonight (don't worry, I won't spoil anything). I will say that Noel gets me to do something pretty embarrassing today and being a newbie at the time, I couldn't talk my way out of it. I'll not say anymore, but I'm going to cringe if it stays in the show.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:48 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

welcome to the mad house dan. saw you on todays show.
hope you enjoyed your time on the show. look forward to seeing more of you soon :-D

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:09 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Welcome to the forums Daniel! You've already made a significant contribution, both on here and on the show in your short time there so far, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your comments on the show.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:02 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Welcome to the forums Dan! It's good to have you here.

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:31 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Hey Stat-Man! It's nice to be able to put a face to the name!
Debbie's game was great - hope yours went as well as hers.

Know you can't give too much away, but have got my audition in a few days time, so any advice you can give would be very gratefully received ;)

Mand x

DanJudge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:31 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Well I had my audition almost 2 years ago, so the process is totally different now. It took me ages!!! ask Clare-louise about what it is like now. Theres a fan page for her. Shes always on there (shes the only one, just kidding Clare).

All I will say from my experience is to be yourself, but remember that they want something a little bit different and unique in everyone. With me, I really sold the maths/probability side of my personality, one of the newbies in the upcoming week is really indecisive and Noel plays on that quite a bit, Ade is obviously very spiritual and gives very heartfelt advice and basically everyone has a certain characteristic that makes them stand out from the crowd, so be yourself, but try and think of something that makes you stand out from the crowd. The reason the show is so much fun to watch and be part of is the different characters, so try and imagine what your selling point is and let them know it.

Other than that, just enjoy it and be confident.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.
International Forums Moderator

It makes a lot of sense to take your defining attribute, play it up a bit, then leave the rest of your personality alone. Generally on the wings it seems contestants get picked up for one thing (Dan the Stats Man, Ade the Spiritualist, etc etc.)...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:42 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Thanks Dan! haha - altho yes, i am always online!! (My excuse is that i use the internet a lot for work, so it would be rude for me not to check facebook and acknowledge my fans!!!)

When I went for my audition, obviously, like everyone else, i had no idea what to expect or what would be expected of me. To be completely honest, i thought i made a bad job of my early 2 mins chat to camera when i had to talk about myself - i was very nervous and obviously when you really want something it means so much more!! However, i think what came across was that i was myself and there was nothing fake or contrived about me. There were a lot of characters there that i thought would definitely get on. You know the type, the ones that wanna make themselves heard and seen. They didnt get through however. From my experience of the audition and being on the show and the type of contestants i met, they seem to really appreciate people that have a good heart, care for others and have a bit of personality about them. Although Dan has a talent in his maths, he is also a great guy and this def comes over on the shows.

I suppose you could say I am a bit kooky on times (make of that what you will!!) and maybe that came over, but they like a bit of emotion and love for the game too. I dont really know what else to say. In my audition, i was lucky to be sat with the lovely Carrie who played on New Years Eve - she was also really genuine and you could really see that with her.

I suppose the best bit of advice would be to be yourself, relax and enjoy the whole experience and let your personality do the talking!!! Hope thats ok??? x

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:45 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

Dan, KP and Clare

Thankyou all so much for all your advice, what smashing people you are! Just been boasting about some of you to my hubby (we were watching Carol's show) - he agreed you seem like a great bunch.

I know there's likely to be some distinctive characters at the audition, am not going to be able to compete against that! But thanks to your advice, I'll just be myself (was never any good at trying to be something I'm not anyway).

Must admit, nerves kicking in a bit now - am just really excited and hope I don't mess it up too much!

Thanks again folks

Mand x

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:25 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

It's a pleasure - there were some huge characters in my group, and i mean people that really thought they were going to get on; in fact, when they split us half way thru, one guy said to us who were left that he was gutted for us and to look out for him on the tv!!!!...as it happened, he was one of the ones who were being cut half way thru!!!!!

being yourself is always the best option. and ur right in what you say, being yourself has got to be what you do best!!! i cant wait to hear how you got on!!! good luck, have got everything crossed for u!!!!!! :smt023 :smt047 :smt105

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:32 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: New user and current contestant.

clareclw1 wrote:
It's a pleasure - there were some huge characters in my group, and i mean people that really thought they were going to get on; in fact, when they split us half way thru, one guy said to us who were left that he was gutted for us and to look out for him on the tv!!!!...as it happened, he was one of the ones who were being cut half way thru!!!!!

being yourself is always the best option. and ur right in what you say, being yourself has got to be what you do best!!! i cant wait to hear how you got on!!! good luck, have got everything crossed for u!!!!!! :smt023 :smt047 :smt105

Blimey Clare - there aint half some confident people about eh!! That poor chap's face must have been a picture when he realised he was the one being cut! As you've already told me, confidence must be nice to be able to portray to the contestanct selectors, but some people have too much of a good thing! :-D

Mand x

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » Announcements & Information » Introduce YourselfAll times are UTC [ DST ]