Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

nicks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:06 pm    Author: nicks    Post subject: A system to beat the banker

Warnings: 0
what does everyone think about devising a system to beat the banker?

nicks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:28 pm    Author: nicks    Post subject:

what i mean is this:

it isn't beyond the realms of possibility to devise a set of rules that would increase players' winnings

(eg a very simple rule 'never deal' would improve the average prize from £17k to £25k, although with this rule most players would take home very small prizes [ie blue boxes] )

so before devising the system we would have to decide what we were trying to achieve (ie what payouts we wanted to make more likely, and what payouts we wanted to make less likely)

next, we would have to make the set of rules simple enough for players to remember (i don't think you're allowed to have a laptop in the crazy chair)

and finally, the system would need to be tested against previous games to see how it performed

Gavin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 pm    Author: Gavin    Post subject:

nicks wrote:
what i mean is this:

it isn't beyond the realms of possibility to devise a set of rules that would increase players' winnings

(eg a very simple rule 'never deal' would improve the average prize from £17k to £25k, although with this rule most players would take home very small prizes [ie blue boxes] )

so before devising the system we would have to decide what we were trying to achieve (ie what payouts we wanted to make more likely, and what payouts we wanted to make less likely)

next, we would have to make the set of rules simple enough for players to remember (i don't think you're allowed to have a laptop in the crazy chair)

and finally, the system would need to be tested against previous games to see how it performed

I agree with this, as if I ever went into the crazy chair, I'd go with a pretermined list of numbers, a predetermined system and then I would have no regrets after the game.

The basic system would be that, having taking a 'critical value' (10% of the top value) and seeing how many values there are above it.
If there are three or more: Never deal
If there are two or less: Deal at 10% of the sum of the values above the critical value.

e.g.
1p, 10p, 50p, £35k, £250k

I would deal at £28.5; but:

1p, 10p, 50p, £35k, £50k, £100k

I wouldn't deal no matter what.

little_monster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:15 pm    Author: little_monster    Post subject:

Thanh's colour cluster system is actually the only logical one around. There is more chance of getting a row of blues than a mixture of blues and reds.

Try it yourself - get 11 black cards and 11 red cards from a normal pack of cards and deal them out shaped like the wings. It's suprising how many clusters there are. My record is 5 blacks in a row.

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal StatisticsAll times are UTC [ DST ]