Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:45 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:45 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 14 posts ] 

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:53 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject: Schumacher Magic moments!

Warnings: 0
With the annoucment that The Chin will retire at the end of the year, here's a look back at a few of his highlights

Adelaide 1994 - Going into the last race Damon Hill and Chinny are 1 point apart, MS makes a mistake, Hill goes up the inside to overtake, and MS cut him up, they collide, MS wins the title.

Jerez 1997 - Villeneuve and MS battle for the title in the last race of 97. JV dives up the inside with only a few laps left, and Michael turns in on him. But it backfires and JV takes the title, and MS is DQ from the championship.

Malaysia 2003 - This picture is moments before MS just rams Jarno Trulli in the Renaukt, demonstrating how little race craft MS has, when his mid-field.

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:56 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

You have some notable pics not there.

Spa 1998

When MS Decided he would like to run into the back of DC :roll:

Monaco Qualifying 2006
Heck this list could go on forever :P

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:06 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

What did the announcement say?

Full statement from Ferrari annoucing Michael Schumacher's retirement:

Michael Schumacher will retire from race driving at the end of the 2006 World Championship.

Whatever the final result of this year's championship, Michael leaves Formula One holding almost all the records. To date, he has taken seven drivers' world titles and has contributed to the same number of team wins in the constructors' championship.

He has taken part in 247 Formula One Grands Prix (178 of them at the wheel of a Ferrari,) won 90 (71,) been on pole 68 (58 ) times, setting 75 (52) fastest race laps. He has amassed a total of 1354 points, 1051 of them in a Maranello car. No one in the world of motor racing has done better.

Following his decision, the only record that will elude him is the one for the number of race starts. He will be able to reach the 250 mark, just six short of the record held by Riccardo Patrese.

Schumacher has been with Scuderia Ferrari for eleven seasons, a demonstration of loyalty without equal in Formula One, to date securing five of his Drivers' titles here and contributing to six of the team's Constructors' titles. No other driver has ever won as much with the Scuderia.

"I had always said that the decision to retire would be his alone, but now that decision has been taken, I feel a sense of sadness," commented Ferrari President and CEO, Luca di Montezemolo. "We have lived through some unforgettable times together, some good some bad, achieving results that will be hard to equal.

"To Michael goes the thanks of everyone in the company and supporters of Ferrari for all the dedication he has shown to our colours, for the determination and courage with which he has worked, which has provided immense satisfaction. He is both sincere and passionate and has earned the affection of all of us and of our fans.

"His relationship with Maranello will continue, albeit in a different form and I am very happy about that."

"Michael has been the author of a unique chapter in the history of Formula One and of Ferrari in particular. It has yet to reach its conclusion and what he has achieved extends over and above the results obtained," added Managing Director, Jean Todt.

"He is an exceptional man and will become a legend as a driver. For me personally, he is a great friend and together we have lived through unrepeatable experiences. Having had the opportunity to work alongside him has been and will continue to be a privilege."

"Words are not enough and whatever I could say now will never fully express how much I love this fascinating world of motor sport and all it has given me," said Michael Schumacher. "From go-karting to Formula One, I have lived through moments that I will never forget. I am profoundly grateful for everything I have had.

"I want to thank everyone who has accompanied me, supported and inspired me, right back to the days of my childhood. Above all, a special thanks goes to Corinna and our two children, who have given me the strength to do what I have done. All these years in Formula One have been amazing, especially those spent alongside my friends in the Scuderia.

"Soon my future will belong to my family, while I am happy to be still part of Ferrari. But for now, what matters is this world championship."

At the end of the year, as is traditional, we will announce the new team organisation, which will also include a definition of Michael's new role.

justcause110

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:25 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

Although I knew it was immient, it was extremely hard to take in. A true end of an era no matter what people say.

Next year, I will find F1 will feel like a completely different series, and it will be a year of complete discovery.

Well, I will make a sig in dedication of this historic moment.

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:48 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

gunge_blobby wrote:
Although I knew it was immient, it was extremely hard to take in. A true end of an era no matter what people say.

Next year, I will find F1 will feel like a completely different series, and it will be a year of complete discovery.

Well, I will make a sig in dedication of this historic moment.

I have a feeling nick will say what a waste of a sig space :-D

justcause110

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:55 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

I don't care. The admins decide what sigs are appropriate.

Gotta support the one you prefer.

Also I must announce that due to the retirement of Schumi, the driver to take the role as gunge_blobby's favourite current driver will be Kimi Raikkonen. The team will stay as Ferrari.

Tom22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:56 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

gunge_blobby wrote:
Also I must announce that due to the retirement of Schumi, the driver to take the role as gunge_blobby's favourite current driver will be Kimi Raikkonen. The team will stay as Ferrari.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Be patriotic and support Jenson or David

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Super Aguri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:57 pm    Author: Super Aguri    Post subject:

gunge_blobby wrote:

I am pleased to announce that Super Aguri will remain as my favourite team and Watch out for the new Super Aguri sig :-D How super will that be ;)

I am off to watch the 1979 AND 1978 British F1 Grand Prix on ESPN On Sky :-D

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:03 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

gunge_blobby wrote:

You are thinking exactly like me. My favourite team was and always will be Ferrari, and now Michael has gone, Kimi is my favourite.

Sorry Tom, but both British drivers irritate me immensely (almost as much as Alonso).

justcause110

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:04 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

DavidA1GP wrote:
gunge_blobby wrote:

I am pleased to announce that Super Aguri will remain as my favourite team and Watch out for the new Super Aguri sig :-D How super will that be ;)

I am off to watch the 1979 AND 1978 British F1 Grand Prix on ESPN On Sky :-D

Super Aguri got probably their greatest TV team which will ever occur when Yamanmoto's tyre blew

Quote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Be patriotic and support Jenson or David

Jenson isn't going to do much. David is more of a has-been and only gets a few points now.

The next British champ will be Lewis Hamilton in my honest opinion. He'll be my British favourite, whilst Raikkonen will be my favourite who isn't British. :D

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:05 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

Having time to reflect on Michael's retirment, I have so it's quite sad, as i've watched him race through my childhood and in a way I have grown up with him. Nobody is still racing apart from Michael when I started watching F1, (1992) and I have to say, this is Michaels championship. The Renault just isn't up to the job. I won't begrudge Schumacher 8th title, as it would be a good way to sign off.

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:07 am    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
gunge_blobby wrote:

Sorry Tom, but both British drivers irritate me immensely (almost as much as Alonso).

Why don't you like Fern?

justcause110

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:11 pm    Author: justcause110    Post subject:

nick wrote:
greeny wrote:
gunge_blobby wrote:

Why don't you like Fern?

I didn't say that :evil: :?

I have to admit, Alonso was cheated out with that penalty, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter as his engine died.

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:28 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

It was directed at greeny.

[ 14 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]