Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:12 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:12 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 1666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 84  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Credit Crunch Premier League: Manchester United - if they use the Ronaldo transfer money remotely wisely. If not then Arsenal
Fizzy Pop Championship: Reading - one of only four teams with a prayer. The other three are Birmingham, Derby and QPR... the rest are financially miles away
Fizzy Pop Sinkingship: Colchester United - someone is going to stop Leeds again, why not a team historically much smaller but far better run recently?
Fizzy Pop Receivership: Gillingham - but Bournemouth will pick up more points on the pitch but lose 15 of them
Gambling League Premier: Wrexham - revenge for their horrible mismanagement at the hands of a property tycoon. Wrexham house prices fell faster last year than anywhere else. PWNED!

SPL: Celtic - coin-tossing really. In practice it's whoever is out of Europe first
La Liga: Sevilla - both Real and Barca will be thrown off by greedy Premier League castoffs and Sevilla will take advantage
Serie A: Inter Milan - who else at the moment?
Bundesliga: Werder Bremen - come on, their only main threats in the league lost to Bolton last season!

Beer Cup: CSKA Kensington - Scolari will win this one with kids just to mock Ferguson's 'too old' remarks
FA Cup: Arsenal - the beginning of a new Wenger dynasty that will truly come to fruition when the rest of the Big Four hit overdue financial doom
UEFA Cup: Zenit St Petersburg - they'll come third in their Champions' League group and go on to defend their UEFA Cup
Champions' League: Inter Milan - they'll beat CSKA Kensington on penalties in the final and end the Abramovich era

Best transfer (buy): Friedel to Villa
Best transfer (sell): Ronaldo to Real Madrid. It Will Happen, and Ronaldo will be a Bernabeu flop.

Relegation from Credit Crunch Premier League: Blackburn, Stoke, Fulham
Promotion from Fizzy Pop Championship: Reading, Derby, Birmingham City (cue uproar from the rest of the league at the Setanta deal)
Biggest Premier League overachievers: Portsmouth - they might even beat Liverpool to fourth
Biggest Premier League underachievers: Blackburn and perhaps Liverpool
First managerial casualty: Mark Hughes - come on, with this chairman can you honestly say it won't be?
Team to watch in the Premier League: West Brom - they could be a mid-table side
Team to watch in the Championship: Sheffield United. Will they still be inspired to reverse the lingering injustice from 2006/7?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:02 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

CHIMBONDA HAS JOINED SUNDERLAND

That's two down, two to go. However Villa are trying to swipe Kaboul.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:05 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Chimbonda is one of my favourite right backs - his talent shone at Wigan and I've been a fan of him ever since!

Kaboul might join Villa but I hope he goes to the Stadium of Light instead. God the squad Keano will have this season is gonna be a really strong one!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:34 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Sunderland have apparently offered 12.5 million for... Stewart Downing?!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Sunderland I can see finishing top half if they land Downing!

Bloody hell I know Niall Quinn is a really optimistic person, but this is insane! Good luck to Sunderland!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

And NOW Sunderland have revealed that El-Hadji Diouf is undergoing a medical at the Stadium of Light! :shock:

If they land him, I'd put a serious bet on them to qualify for Europe! :shock:

EDIT: And it's been confirmed that he has now signed for the club! UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:11 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

EL-HADJI DIOUF HAS JOINED SUNDERLAND

(You can get 20/1 at Ladbrokes for a Sunderland top six finish).

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Noel_Blobby wrote:
...(You can get 20/1 at Ladbrokes for a Sunderland top six finish).

See my last post - I am still severely tempted to make a bet!

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

If Sunderland end in the top half of the league it will be so odd the universe will implode in on it's self...

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:30 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

The bets I'll possibly make:
Newcastle bottom half finish: Well come on, who have they signed (that anyone's ever heard of)? Did they have a particularly good squad anyway? 5/4 at Blue Square.
Sunderland top North East club: Possible, if we do actually qualify for Europe. 7/2 at Stan James.
Rangers to win SPL: They should have last year, but fixture congestion stopped them. 42/41 at Pinnacle.
Leeds to win L1: Well, now they start on zero... 100/30 at Skybet.
Shrewsbury promoted: Possibly, just possibly this year. Odds shortening constantly on them. 11/4 at William Hill.
Community Sheild: Man U. 4/7 several places.

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:32 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Burgenland 0-7 Arsenal, half time, friendly.
Get Burgenland at 999/1 to win...

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:34 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Noel_Blobby wrote:
Shrewsbury promoted: Possibly, just possibly this year. Odds shortening constantly on them. 11/4 at William Hill.

Yeah there are quote a few good bets around for Shrewsbury at the moment.. I'm liking 10/1 on Grant Holt being top scorer in the league...

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Holt was incredible when he was at Rochdale..and his first year at Forest was also good. But then he started piling on the pounds! :lol:

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:38 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

He's still above League Two though really...

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Completely agree...Blackpool signed him on loan end of last season (a Championship club) but were reluctant to use him when they realised how unfit he was!

I'm sure like many players, during this summer he's trained well so we should see him do well. Even though his Forest days are over, I'm still a good fan of his.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

The transfer story of the day isn't Diouf off to Sunderland - it's Liverpool finally getting their mits on Robbie Keane! :shock:

Now they have TWO ace goalscorers...not sure what to think of their chances now.

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:23 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

I dont rate Robbie Keane at all... certainly not worth the transfer fee Liverpool payed anyway. :shock:

(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Oh by the way that Arsenal game finished 10-2!

Nicklas Bendtner scored four, Carlos Vela scored a hat-trick in his debut, youngster Jack Wilshire scored his first two goals for the club and Walcott got the last goal.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:19 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Just been looking at last night's friendlies - Burnley v Glentoran (Irish big boys)...and the Burnley manager, Owen Coyle, was playing in the second half :shock:

AND SCORED!!! :shock:

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:59 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The Official 2008/09 Football Season Thread

Haha well Shrewsbury have put a dent in their pre season run of amazingness by only beating local league side Markey Drayton 3-2 last night... :? buuttttt more incredibly I've heard rumors that Simpson is planning on unvailing TWO more transfers tomorrow... the way they've been coming so far it could be anyone! I hear Bentley is talking with other clubs... :suspect:

(After Gameweek 22)

[ 1666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 84  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General Discussion » Sports DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]