Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
For those who missed it last time, this is Six-Shift as normal, but both sides have three tricks to use from a choice of six:

PLAYER TWISTS
Red Up - the lowest red is multiplied by 10. Can only be played if at least three reds are on the board.
Paint It Orange - two random blues are replaced with amounts between £1,000 and £5,000.
Extra Offer - what you think; the player must declare when they wish the extra offer to be made. It will not come with an accompanying shift.
Promise Me - the Banker must guarantee what the minimum two-box offer will be for keeping the highest red in play at the time this twist is played.
Stabilise - the second- and third-highest amounts on the board become the mean of each other (e.g. on a board where the three highest amounts are £3,000, £50,000 and £100,000, both £3,000 and £50,000 become £26,500).
Guaranteed Upshift - playing this guarantees that the next shift is upwards (if it would otherwise have been downwards, it becomes a small upshift). It cannot be used for the Seventh Shift.

BANKER TWISTS
Red Down - the lowest two reds are divided by 10. Can only be played if at least three reds are on the board.
Deflation - every amount on the board is reduced by 1% (to the nearest 1p).
Remove Offer - the Banker must declare which offer will not be made; the two-box offer cannot be removed.
Negativity - a random blue is changed to a random negative amount, up to -£50.
Nom Nom Nom - the two highest blues on the board are changed to food products (worth a minimum of 0.5% of their prior cash value).
Guaranteed Downshift - playing this guarantees that the next shift is downwards (if it would otherwise have been upwards, it becomes a small downshift). It cannot be used for the Seventh Shift.

The tricks can be used before and after each shift (except before the first), and after each box from 11-box onwards. Whenever one party (Banker or player) uses a trick, the other can reply immediately; the game only continues when both have agreed not to use any more tricks, so if the player decides not to reply to a Banker twist, the Banker can then add another, or indeed vice versa.

Pick your box, Davey, and we'll start with the opening shift.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

We will have Box 21.

And we will start with 13, 3, 15, 5 and 17

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

Opening shift doesn't do much - £750 becomes a Dell laptop.

The Banker has decided you're obviously keen to get on with it, but...

Banker's offer:

£6,000

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

Well that's interesting..not much difference in the value...so No Deal for now...onwards!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

13 - £1! Good start.
3 - £100 - again a moderate downshift, good!
15 - £5,000 - only a small upshift, so that's OK.
5 - £75,000 - but that's as damaging as the Cheryl Cole I was accidentally listening to just then! First huge upshift gone.
17 - £500 - small downshift gone.

The worst thing about that round was that you lost a huge upshift and not a huge downshift. Do you wish to use a twist?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

Not at the moment, no

And great we have an audience today - Matt feel free to post your five pence worth whenever :)

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

£250 becomes a Nintendo Wii, so once again a high blue is shifted into an electronic prize!

Any twists yet?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:27 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

I'll Paint it Orange...

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

Alright then - first twist used, and the Wii is gone before you know it, and £5 joins it.

£2,500 and £4,444 enter play. More importantly, of course, so do two small upshifts, replacing a pair of moderate downshifts.

1p
10p
50p
£10
£50
Dell laptop

£1,000
£2,500
£3,000
£4,444
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£100,000
£250,000

Banker is saving his ammunition, so it's offer time...

2 PLAYER TWISTS REMAINING
Red Up | Extra Offer | Promise Me | Stabilise | Guaranteed Upshift

3 BANKER TWISTS REMAINING
Red Down | Deflation | Remove Offer | Negativity | Nom Nom Nom | Guaranteed Downshift

Banker's offer:

£10,944

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:33 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

Not happy with what happened...the 1p 10p and 50p I wanted to see leave...so it's a No Deal

We'll have 7, 19 and 9 next

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

7 - £50,000! Wrong 50!
19 - £50 - still the wrong 50 but it's good, it'll definitely do!
9 - £2,500! It went from £250 to Wii to £2,500 between offers, then went in the next round!!

No twists from the Banker yet, any from you?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:37 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

Not for now, let's see what happens next...

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

Right, here's the shift... it's an important one, we're shifting £1,000... to £16,000! Great shift!

1p
10p
50p
£10
Dell laptop

£3,000
£4,444
£10,000
£15,000
£16,000
£20,000
£35,000
£100,000
£250,000

Banker's offer:

A flight on a private jet, to be taken any time before 5pm tomorrow

Actually, the Banker's not that mean.

Banker's offer:

£16,000

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:43 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

Haha!!!

Perfectly pitched offer...but could go either way yet so No Deal...

We continue with boxes 1, 6 and 8

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

1 - £16,000! Well that shift didn't make any difference did it?
6 - £15,000. We need a tiny blue here...
8 - £4,444... nope, that round wasn't so bad in pure financial terms but the shift situation is looking a whole lot more precarious now. Want a twist?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

Might as well replace just under 2/3 of that round by Redding Up

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

No small upshifts left then as the £3,000 becomes £30,000.

Banker responds with - you guessed it - with Red Down, so not only is that eroded right away, but £10,000 is now £1,000.

Going to reply to that by using your final twist?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:53 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

I still won there with a £2,000 to £20,000 shift so I'm fine for now!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

This shift is important...

...oh my goodness it's important, £250,000 is shifting!!!

...to £625,000!!!!

1p
10p
50p
£10
Dell laptop

£1,000
£3,000
£20,000
£35,000
£100,000
£625,000

1 PLAYER TWIST REMAINING
Extra Offer | Promise Me | Stabilise | Guaranteed Upshift

2 BANKER TWISTS REMAINING
Deflation | Remove Offer | Negativity | Nom Nom Nom | Guaranteed Downshift

Anything else? :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Big Davey plays Six-Shift v3.0

VERY dangerous...this will only really be a good Shift if it survives...so you know what I'm going to do now don't you?

I have to protect it as much as possible...with assurance I won't lose it even if I don't find it...Guaranteed Upshift will only make the Banker Downshift it immediately...the only thing I really can do is request an extra offer after two more boxes are open...please :)

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]