Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:00 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 4:00 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
4 - £6,300...
2 - £9,500...
9 - £40,000! Goodness me this next shift would have been nerve-jangling... and in the proveout I guess it still is! We need your numbers...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:38 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game

Ok, 5 and 1...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game

£10,000 would have shifted... so the top prize would still have been in play...

And the new value would have been £21,000! You'd have escaped that shift and that round really... but it's become a lot more dangerous...

Code:
        £2,500
        £21,000
£5         
£500    £250,000

The Banker says he was thinking of going up, thought it was vindictive, then wondered if he could have got you out for £26,000 again... and then decided he'd find out.

Banker's offer:

Banker's Gamble

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:44 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game

Deal!

10, 12 and 20 please.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game

And we're back in active play! Rarely has the term 'Banker's Gamble' been so apt... the Banker gambled on you either sticking with what you had, or better yet crashing and burning after playing on.

The latter is odds-on, but only just. And if it goes wrong for him, it goes badly wrong... and just to complicate it there is that possible two-box shift if this is anything other than an all-red round.

10 - £250,000!

Unbelievable. But you could still win £21,000... or chase the money even more...

12 - £21,000!

If this is the £2,500, the Banker has claimed perhaps his greatest ever victory.

20 - £500!

It may only be £10 vs £2,500 but with a red still present - shifted from a blue early in the game let's not forget, this could have been a boring £5 v £10 finish otherwise! - you can take the Seventh Shift if you wish.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:49 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game

Yep, I'll take the last shift please.

Double 1 please.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game

Double 1...

...whichever one is shifted, this has to be the improvement. Ideally, we'll be shifting the £10.

We're shifting... £10!

So at the least, you're going to be playing for £2,500. But could that be a safety net instead?

The new value alongside £2,500...

...for this two-box showdown in an epic game...

...is...

going to be revealed after the break!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game

We're back.

What is to become of this £10 box?

If it is dropping, at best it will become a granola bar... or the mysterious QUESTION box.

If it is a huge raise, it is to at least £12,500, and possibly to £250,000.

This extraordinary game is still far from over...

the final two is £2,500 against...

25p!

Banker's offer:

£1,028

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:05 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game

I'll deal. Again.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Lewis246 plays the Six-Shift game

The third Deal of the game... but you turned £28,000 into just £1,028.

Oh, and your box had £2,500. It's an OPL... 14 had £10...

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » Expanded & SpecialAll times are UTC [ DST ]