Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:36 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 9:36 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » PlansAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

Lewis246

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:56 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: SpinStar DoND

Warnings: 0
I'm not sure if this'll work or not, but I suppose I could try it.

There's 22 boxes, 20 of them containing the usual amounts, Spin1 (which replaces the £3,000) and Spin2 (which replaces the £10,000). Spin1's value starts off at £1,000 and Spin2's value will start off at £5,000.

Before each offer you'll spin 4 different reels, for which you pick four numbers between 1 and 10. The first reel determines a question category for you, the second reel determines a banker, and the third reel will determine the value of a correct answer for each reel.

Question Category

Depending on the category you picked (easy, medium, difficult or Brain Buster), you'll be asked a question of varying difficulty.

Value of each reel

If you get the question correct, the number spun on reel 3 will be added to SPIN1 and the number spun on reel 4 will be added to SPIN2. If you get it wrong, 50% of the question's value will be taken away from each reel.

If you spin a Bank Buster in round 4-6, you will be playing to keep one of the highest amounts on the board in. If you get the Bank Buster question wrong for reel 3, your second highest remaining value will be taken away and half of Spin1 will be extracted onto the board to replace it. If the Bank Buster was on reel 4, your highest remaining value will be taken off the board, and replaced with half of Spin2.

The Banker

The banker's generosity will be determined by reel 2, with 10 different bankers -

DILAN
HOST
NOVEMBER 2005 OFFERS
MARCH 2006 OFFERS
JULY 2006 OFFERS
OCTOBER 2006 OFFERS
EARLY 2007 OFFERS
SEPTEMBER 2007 OFFERS
JUNE 2008 OFFERS
SEPTEMBER 2008 OFFERS

The months will make you an offer similar to what you would have been offered for your board if you'd played then, Dilan will make you an offer based on Dilan04's behaviour - ie. overreactions to all-red and all-blue rounds and near-mean final offers. The host banker will make an offer based on the host's banking behaviour.

I probably haven't explained that very well... :laughing

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:06 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: SpinStar DoND

I'll say this on behalf of KP:

WIN! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:19 am    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: SpinStar DoND

Forgot to say that in rounds 4-6 you can change as many reels as you like, as long as they're not a Buster. Also, if one of the spins have gone you won't spin a reel for it.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:49 am    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: SpinStar DoND

I will have a go!

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » Other DoND Games & Discussion » PlansAll times are UTC [ DST ]