Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:50 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

Warnings: 0
The snow is finally gone. Temperatures are now at 8C!

Fan of classic rock and metal

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:44 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The weather

Where i am. 23C and Sunny with a bit of wind, lovely weather :-D :-D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:54 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

8C here now and forecasts are saying that temperatures could reach 14C. Normal temp for this time of year is 6C.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

Went out for a 5-mile walk to the beach last night, in the howling wind and rain. Beautiful.

30mph winds yesterday...lovely jubbly :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:45 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The weather

Was bloody freezing cold all day where I am.
And it's snowing again. :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:47 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

I love the snow! Hate the ice, though. :ponder:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:50 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

Snow is only good when it closes schools.

Since I'm not in school anymore. I now completely abhor snow 100%. :twisted:

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: The weather

It was very strange weather today... The sun was out with blue skies, yet it was snowing and bloody freezing at the same time! Coldest I can remember it being for ages.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:27 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The weather

Never known it to be this cold in March, ever. I'd even find this sort of temperature remarkable for its bitterness if it was early January. I've also never seen flurries of snow fall when the sun's been out. All in all, a very peculiar day.

Could only bring myself to nip round to the corner shop after some psyching up and even then I felt like I could have frozen.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:18 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

I now have to deliver curries for 5 hours in post-snow icy conditions... :shock: :?

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:19 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

What have we done to deserve an eternal winter? :cry:

I'll restrain myself from going into BankerSpanker mode, but I can't take it anymore! :smt011

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:44 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

Normal temperature this time of year would be 11C during the day and the highest it reached today was 4.5C. :smt011

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The weather
Administrator & Global Moderator

The Essex Weather Centre just tweeted this:

"Unless we have a sudden heatwave (grin) this March will be the coldest since 1962. Have to go back to the 1800s for colder! It's not out of the question, but if England/Wales have a couple more severe overnight frosts, we could beat all time record."

This time a year ago, there was a period of about 3 weeks where the temperatures were above average and there was plenty of sunshine. Then for the first few weeks of April, the opposite happened, with rain just about every day and poor temperatures. Going back a bit further, there was a really weird week in February 2012 where temperatures got into the high teens. :shock: It was quite weird having such warm weather with it getting dark by about 5:30.

This year, it seems the opposite is happening. It snowed here quite heavily on Saturday and the snow still hasn't gone away in places - it's not often that snow lingers around for this long even in the winter, yet alone late March, which shows just how the temperatures haven't risen much above freezing for days now. The clocks go forward on Sunday - which also happens to be Easter Sunday - and it looks like temperatures won't climb up until early next week (and even then, they'll only climb to about 8C - still well below the April average of 12/13C for here).

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:17 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

Still exceptionally cold for early Spring. I recall this time last year, when myself and my friends would go out in t-shirts and shorts in the balmy evenings, and wander around Gosport in the scorching heat of day.

The spring of 2011 was even warmer. That of 2010 took a while to set in, although I remember quite warm weather in mid-February on a few days.

This year, it seems like we're in for a slow burning spring. I could be wrong, of course, but with temperatures hitting level at zero Celsius tonight, and a maximum (on the rise) of 6 tomorrow, it's taking a while for the warmth to replace the bitterness of the harsh winds and frozen stillness when there's no wind.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:28 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

Last year we had temperatures of about 19C and right now it's just 1C :smt011

Oh, now it's snowing... IN APRIL?! :suspect:

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:59 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

It snowed on 06/04/08... :smt023

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:16 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: The weather

daniel123 wrote:
It snowed on 06/04/08... :smt023

My birthday! :smt023

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:46 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

It's snowing AGAIN! :shock:

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:20 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The weather

Been quite hot and sunny in south England the past few days

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The weather

Gorgeous and sunny all week up in North Wales too. Couldn't ask for better!

[ 2328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]