Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:43 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:43 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next

holly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:52 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: The weather

Warnings: 0
Well today's been fantasticly hot!

Earlier on, between about 2:30 and 3pm I was playing football at school and it must have been what, 22 degrees! There's no shade on our field either!

And, from the first of april, there will be a hosepipe ban in northamptonshire! How are we supposed to water fights when we're hot????

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

The amount of rain we've had has been INSANE! It's been raining non-stop for like 2 weeks. Apparently this is the most rain the UK has had since 1766! :shock:

Fan of classic rock and metal

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: The weather

It's ABSOLUTELY PISSING DOWN at the moment - and there's hailstones, too.

They're coming down so hard, I actually have to turn the volume up on my TV! :shock:

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

Putting myself in BankerSpanker mode: :P

I'M SICK OF THIS RAIN! It's been raining TOO much since I came back from CORSICA MID APRIL! I'M SO FED UP OF HAVING TO PUT MY SUPERDRY ON IN EFFING MAY! :x :x :x :x :x

Why can't we have NICE weather like at the end of MARCH! High 20s? GAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x :roll: :smt019 :smt011

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

It's been sunny today. Relatively nice, considering it's May.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:02 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The weather

It's definitely been the wettest drought that I can recall and the vast majority of this rain has washed over North Wales... I honestly don't know how much water this earth can take, it's more than had it's fair fill and it's turning everything a nice lush green.

Green- what a nice colour Mother Nature selected for our land. She could have chosen purple or orange, but no, green made the more sensible choice.

But seriously though, stop f*cking raining, the sun hasn't shone here since about 1922!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The weather
Administrator & Global Moderator

Even though there's been so much rain, it's still not enough to put an end to the drought, which shows how bad the drought is. The problem is that last summer, autumn and winter were all particularly dry, and early spring this year was very dry too. There was a period of about 5 weeks from the end of February to the beginning of April where it literally rained on about 3 days where I live. Conversely, since the start of April, I think there's only been about 3 days where it hasn't rained!

British weather is always prone to variation, but normally within a fortnight period or so (i.e. a few days of rain, a few days of sun, a few days of above-average temperatures, a few days of below-average temperatures, etc.). It's been the case more and more lately that the weather comes in blocks, so we get several weeks of sun, several weeks of above-average temperatures, several weeks of below-average temperatures and so on. There are also some odd seasonal things too - such as the very warm fortnight at the end of last September and the very warm fortnight at the end of this February. The climate has certainly changed compared to about 10 years ago.

holly

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: The weather

Very nice lecture H. ;)

Well, I don't normally mind the rain but I was kinda pissed when it started THROWING it down just before the end of school. And I live a 25 minute walk away from my school. I did have a hoody, but it wasn't water proof!

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 am    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The weather

Urgh, I *beeping* hate the weather atm. Me and my whole family are finally all off work/college together for this week, and what happens???? The *beeping* wet weather comes back.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:14 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

Well well....I love wet weather. It is beautiful...almost perfect I think.

It's been raining down here for most of today as well. And then the bloody sun had to come out. But it's gone away for a while now :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:33 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

Bleh, it's been horrible today. It rained for ages and there were 20mph+ winds.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

And....Gosport is under snow!

Marvellous sight too, for the first time properly since this time three years ago. It's been too long, far too long :D

(you can tell I'm not a motorist...)

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:15 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

Yes. Snow. How I hate it.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:18 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The weather

Well, up here on the North Wales Coast, we had nothing but rain during the night. Then, with the ground already sodden through, we had the predicted snowfall arrive, each snowflake disintegrating the moment it landed. Shame, but not unexpected in this particular area. The Conwy Valley and Snowdonia areas are covered, as is the area around Bangor about 15 miles west.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:29 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

Well, you say about living near the coast; as do I, but we've had more than our share (of happiness :smt034 :-D ) er, of snow today with more predicted over the weekend.

That said, it was bone dry last night.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

It's been snowing here since about 8:30am today. That's over 8 hours of snow! :shock:

Joel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: The weather

Seems in our part of the UK we're the least affected by snow... We're getting copious amounts of it but it's not even sticking to the ground.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

Oh my goodness, the forecast is saying -7C tonight for where I am! :shock:

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

Well, down here, we're looking at 4C tomorrow! :shock:

And 5 on Friday...interspersed with some sleet and a few -1s here and there at night.

holly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:02 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: The weather

We had loads of snow here in crap land for about a week, got washed away by the rain last night.

[ 2328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]