Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:46 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:46 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 2328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:33 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The weather
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Apparently this mini-heatwave that's on its way will hit the south-east and the Midlands on Sunday and Monday, and it'll be "gone" by Tuesday, following a series of thunderstorms. Interestingly, it's only Sunday that will have the actual sunny weather - Monday will apparently have a lot of cloud in the build-up to storms arriving on Monday night and into Tuesday.

I notice the Daily Express today have a dramatic front-page headline which says that a "90F killer heatwave" is on its way. Of course they've quoted the absolute maximum temperature they could find (temperatures are likely to hit 30C/86F in a lot of places, and may reach 31-32C/88-90F in a few places) and stated it in the lesser-used Fahrenheit (as opposed to Centigrade) to make it seem higher.

I doubt very much that this brief heatwave will be a killer of any sort. What was a killer heatwave was back in the summer of 2003 (which did actually result in thousands of heat-related deaths across Europe), when average daytime temperatures in the UK were above 30C for over a week, and we got the hottest day ever when it reached 38.5C in Kent.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:24 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

I do remember that. My family had been asked to clean the carpet of a church one day, and time seemed to move so slowly it was unbelievable. Boredom set in after about a minute..I ended up going for a swim in the local outdoor pool. Surprised there was any water left in there, actually.

We haven't had much of a heatwave down south. We don't want one. We don't want heat. Certainly I don't - heat irritates me a lot. It's been sunny, but not boiling...and the Daily Express? My goodness me. How low can one go before the only important news is what Cheryl Cole is doing?

The weather is good here. Not lovely, as I can't stand the sun for more than a few minutes. But good..

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:45 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The weather

Was blazing hot today... apparently it's not gonna get any cooler tonight, 19C at lowest tonight I read on the BBC Weather website :shock: :shock:

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

This weather has gotten me ready for Corsica 2k11 :smt023

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

Not ever so hot today. It's currently 16C here as of 10:35AM.

Fan of classic rock and metal

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The weather
Administrator & Global Moderator

There were some pretty fierce thunderstorms, hailstorms and torrential downpours over the south-east of England today (particularly London and mid/east/south-Essex).

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:27 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: The weather

h2005 wrote:
There were some pretty fierce thunderstorms, hailstorms and torrential downpours over the south-east of England today (particularly London and mid/east/south-Essex).

And there was one particularly loud clap of thunder which shocked Sabine Lisicki just as she was about to serve during the first set of her Wimbledon quarter-final against Marion Bartoli. ;)

Apparently, quite a few others on Centre Court were stunned too - even though the roof was closed...

Didn't stop Lisicki from winning, though. ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The weather
Forum Games Moderator

Yep, down here we had a few big rolls of thunder and a bit of lightning....nothing too serious though. Roasting sun, then thunderstorms...this "mother nature" should see her psychiatrist.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

holly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:11 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: The weather

Windy and cold here in the beautiful (ish) Northamptonshire.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:20 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The weather

Was sunny but really cold today here in Ashford, which is the worst weather ever as the sun entices you to go outside, and when you do, you freeze to death. :evil: :evil:

holly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:07 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: The weather

Cold and dull here today, :smt019

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:00 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The weather

No other way to sum up today's weather - bloody freezing cold all day. :smt085 :evil:

holly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: The weather

matthew17 wrote:
No other way to sum up today's weather - bloody freezing cold all day. :smt085 :evil:

Exactly the same here. :smt009 :smt019

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:15 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The weather

Was snowing this morning briefly... thankfully it stopped near noon :-) we're only just getting rid of all the snow from a couple weeks ago, the last thing we need is another bloody snow shower... :roll:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:04 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

Some unusually warm weather coming next week. The BBC forecast says 15C in my area on Thursday! :shock:

holly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:41 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: The weather

BankerSpanker wrote:
Some unusually warm weather coming next week. The BBC forecast says 15C in my area on Thursday! :shock:

Where are you then?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:40 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

Buckinghamshire. ITV Anglia has forecast 17C now! :shock:

holly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: The weather

BankerSpanker wrote:
Buckinghamshire. ITV Anglia has forecast 17C now! :shock:

Cor blimey!

matthew17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The weather

Yesterday was an unusual day. It was surprisingly warm and sunny from morning to early afternoon (I even sat outside in a t-shirt :shock: ), then later it became grey, cold and miserable. :?

Today it was just grey and dull all day. :evil:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:20 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The weather

Some more crazy warm weather this week. London could reach 20C on Thursday! :shock:
Considering the average for March is 9C that is more than DOUBLE what it should be.

The forecast for me in Buckinghamshire is no less than 15C over the next 5 days.

[ 2328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]