Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:04 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 9:04 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:35 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Richard Hammond: Just some of the E-mails
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
heres just a few of the emails topgear got about richard hammond, some brought tears to my eyes:[the names have been removed by me for privacy reasons]

We've been overwhelmed with the amazing response to Richard Hammond's accident. Our inbox is bursting with thousands of emails from all over the world, all wishing the Hamster a quick recovery. It's fantastic to know how many of you have him in your thoughts - if we could post every message up here, we would!

If you want to add your thoughts, please email us. We'll keep posting your messages throughout the day and do our best to make sure Richard receives them all.

Here's what just a few of you are saying:

I met Richard at an episode of Top Gear last summer and he spent the majority of his lunch break outside, with the audience. I was amazed how friendly and down to earth he was, perfectly happy to chat to people and pose for photos.

I'm totally gutted and hope that when he returns his 'try anything once' attitude is still fully intact. I feel like a best mate has been injured. Not a lot of work has been done in this office today.

He maybe is a small hamster but he has the heart and courage of a lion. He's a top guy and I wish him all the best in his full recovery.

My prayers go out to Richard and his family. He is a great presenter with a bright future in front of him. I hope to see his lovely smiling face back on Top Gear soon.

Our thoughts and heartfelt wishes are with Richard and his family. We know that Richard is in good hands at LGI and he is getting the best care possible. We are sure that the Hamster we all love and miss will be back on our screens as soon as he can.

When I came into the living room and saw the story come on to the news, I was completely and utterly stunned, physically rooted to the spot. Richard is a superb presenter and the nation has the family in its thoughts.

Hamster, sorry to hear news of your crash; hope you pull through, mate. You're a champion for all us short arses.

We are all praying that Richard will be all right. Please pass on our thoughts to his wife and daughters.

So shocked to hear the news. Our love and prayers go out to his family and colleagues.

A fan in Canada is thinking of Richard and hoping we'll see him soon.

Hang in there mate! We love you!

Please would you pass on our best wishes to Hamster and we hope he pulls through sharpish. We can't watch Top Gear without him!

A small man with a huge fan club. Hang in there Hamster.

Richard, get better soon. The world is a better place with you and you brighten the lives of so many.

Get well soon, Hammy.

Devastated to hear the news of Hamster's accident. Please pass on our hopes and thoughts to his family and all the Top Gear team.

Just to let you know there are thousands out here wishing and hoping that Richard is OK, pulls through, and makes a complete recovery. If the power of collective will has anything to do with it, he'll be OK.

Shocked to hear about the accident. Best wishes from me and mates in New Zealand - please please please get well and don't leave us to Jeremy and James!

Top Gear is the only programme I religiously watch and to hear the news about Richard Hammond almost brought me to tears. I'm not a religious man but I will pray that he makes full recovery.

I met Richard at a recording of Top Gear last year, and he is genuinely a very charming and funny guy. His positive attitude about life and living it is completely infectious. I wish you all the very best for a quick and speedy recovery. Make it quick, so we can get you back on TV where you belong with James and Jeremy!

Richard, you are a true character of television and have provided many hours of enjoyment for many people young and old throughout the world.

I would just like to let the Hammond family know that my thoughts are with them and I hope Richard is back to his normal funny self as soon as possible.

:-) found on the topgear site, www.topgear.com , you can have a look there to find out more.

:)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:42 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

er....hello?

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:57 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Hello...

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:59 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Hello, can I help you? :-D

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:25 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

er...topic guys....and the first post.....your comments?

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:28 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

He's getting better, according to James May.

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:08 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
daniel123 wrote:
er...topic guys....and the first post.....your comments?

To be fair, everything realted to the "Hamster" is already being said (has been said) in this thread:

http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4318

So repeating ourselves in this one just seems a bit pointless. I'm a big Top Gear & Brainiac fan, so yes, I've read the link you list above. I've also read all the messages and tributes on the BBC news site as well - they are everywhere right now. There just doesn't seem much point in adding to another thread on RH beyond what has already been written. I'm sure everybody wishes the guy well. I've spent some time in the ICU and HDU of my local hospital and wouldn't wish it on anyone - not that I was lucid at the time anyway - it is all a blank - I was drugged up to the eyeballs and don't remember anything until they wheeled me onto the main ward a couple of weeks later after the worst of it was all over - it will probably be the same for Richard too. The staff at these places are wonderful, and I'm sure RH has every chance of making a full recovery.

That he and his family have my best wishes goes without saying.

Favourite contestants:

50 Shows Lucy, £20 Gerry

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]