Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:56 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:56 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Which Internet Browser Are You Using?
Mozilla Firefox 60%  60%  [ 14 ]
Internet Explorer 34%  34%  [ 8 ]
Other (List Below) 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 23

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:16 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

Warnings: 0
I think that Mozilla Firefox is the best, and it's the one that I use. Or maybe you prefer Internet Explorer or another type of Internet browser?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:18 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

Internet Explorer. It's clean, fast and easy and I have no clue what FireFox is, but I'm sure it was better than the AOHELL browser that came with my laptop.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:19 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

T'Internet Explorer.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:22 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

I hated Firefox completely...until about a few months ago when Java decided to pack up for me.

I started Firefox up thinking Java might work on there...and it does! :shock: Since then, I've used Firefox all the time.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:24 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

Firefox for me although they are both pretty much identical.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:26 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?
Administrator & Global Moderator

As I said in the Windows Vista thread, I used to use IE but decided to test out Firefox and it's much faster and easier to customise, so I use Firefox all the time now...

Maud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:10 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

Firefox any day of the week

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:56 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

Well up until last night i've used IE. However I thought i'd give this new Google browser a go. It's very clean, tidy and has a simplistic design. Plus in comparison to IE it is so much faster. The pages on here for example load instantly now, where as with IE there was like a 1/2 second load.

Whether i'll stick with this browser i'm not sure, as i've yet to fully check it out and its features.

Maud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:08 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

Google browser?

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:09 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

viewtopic.php?p=473032#p473032

Maud

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:15 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

h2005 wrote:
http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=473032#p473032

Straight to the point... ta

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

Does Safari (Apple's web browser) have anything to do with Google Chrome? Because I looked at mike's user info as he was browsing the forum and it said this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.27 Safari/525.13

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:20 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

I've just did quick search about Google Chrome and it seems that their browser is based on Apple's Webkit. Which is what they use for Safari.

Quote:
the new browser [Google Chrome] is based on both Apple's Webkit, the core of the Safari browser, and Firefox, the rapidly growing alternative browser, but will square off against Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which dominates the internet, but continues to play catch up with security flaws and compatibility. The beta version of Google Chrome, only for for PCs initially, is expected to ship on Tuesday in more than 100 countries, while Mac and Linux versions are in development.
http://www.electronista.com/articles/08 ... e.browser/

I also read this, which doesn't sound good.
Quote:
The Google Chrome user-agent shows that Chrome is actually WebKit 525.13 (Safari 3.1), which is an outdated/vulnerable version of that browser.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1843

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

So it's basically just a Google-fied version of Safari...

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:55 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

Firefox. It's quick, quite useful with the custom search box (I mainly use it for Wikipedia and YouTube) and feels much cleaner in comparison with IE7.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:36 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?
Forum Games Moderator

I used to use both, and Firefox was 10 trillion times better than I.E.

However, when our old computer practically killed itself we're now using I.E on a Vista computer.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:07 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?
Global Moderator

Lewis246 wrote:
Firefox. It's quick, quite useful with the custom search box (I mainly use it for Wikipedia and YouTube) and feels much cleaner in comparison with IE7.

I use Firefox for similiar reasons. I mentioned before that, for me, it is easily customisable and appears to be a lot quicker than Internet Explorer with far less clutter. It did take some time getting used to firefox initially though.

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:21 pm    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

Firefox. IE is stuffed to the brim with bugs.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:33 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

I just downloaded Google Chrome and tried it out. I can definitely see the similarity with Safari (which I also have tried out in the past) and can also see similarities with Firefox. It's early days for Chrome but at the moment I don't think it's really a great improvement on anything already out there.

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:58 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

I downloaded it and it does look very nice and so much better than Firefox and IE but you cant get the Google toolbar for it yet :? So I'm sticking with Firefox.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

[ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]