Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:10 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 8:10 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Sezzi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:43 am    Author: Sezzi    Post subject: Operations and General Anaesthetic

Warnings: 0
Have any of you ever had an operation or had to have a general anaesthetic? I've had one once before when I had my tonsils out at 16. I'm having a laparoscopy on Thursday but much to my horror I read an article in a magazine about a lady who came to during her operation but couldn't let the surgeons know- it sounds rancid so I'd love some reassurance!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:52 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Goodluck with the operation, I'm sure you'll be fine! :D

The only operation I recall having is one where the doctors put a 'Gromit' in my ear when I was about 7. Nothing major though. I got teased for months afterwards, people kept saying stuff like "Have you got a Wallace in your other ear" It was not even remotely funny...

Adam L

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:47 am    Author: Adam L    Post subject:

Location: Probably looking at nice messages by that special someone, do not disturb!!!
i never had one (well exept when i was born lol how did i get out then!?)
unless u can call sticking a needle up your arse an operation :lol:

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:27 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

:-D :-D :-D :-D i'm lucky enough never to have: a)broken a bone, except my ankle, and b) an operation

i'm lucky!! :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

AVIE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:39 pm    Author: AVIE    Post subject:

I worked as an Operating Theatre nurse for a good few years, and honestly all those horror stories you hear about being awake during surgery etc. are extremely rare.

I HATE the thought of having anaesthetics, the surgery part of 'surgery' doesn't scare me, it's the anaesthetic which bothers me, BUT I have had a couple of ops under full anaesthetic, tonsils out, appendix out.

I always come out of a general anaesthetic sobbing my heart out, and I am sure this is down to my terror at going under!!! :-D :-D :-D

It is highly unlikely that these days I'd ever be allowed to have a general anaesthetic as I have COPD now, so unless something was absolutely life-threatening, I'd not be given an anaesthetic.

Stop worrying, you'll be fine I have had a laproscopy, and it's a piece of cake, it'll be over before you know it.

WHY DO WE NEED A DICTIONARY??

Ciara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:12 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
I'm deaf in one ear and have had countless operations to try and mend it. You can drive yourself silly thinking about it and worrying about it but remember that the doctors and surgeons who are treating you have probably done the same or similar operations hundreds of times. If they're good at their job they'll put you at ease and tell you that you've nothing to worry about.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

Sezzi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:50 pm    Author: Sezzi    Post subject:

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys, I really appreciate it. Good to hear that a few of you have been under before and experienced no problems. And I'd forgotten about the pre med! Those things are fantastic!!!

Ciara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:57 pm    Author: Ciara    Post subject:

Location: Caught beneath the landslide in a champagne supernova in the sky
I'd be more concerned about going to the dentist than getting an operation. People bang on about the hygiene in hospitals and how important it is (and it is), but from my experience, dentist surgeries are much worse in comparison.

I went to the dentist for a check-up about 3 years ago and came out fine. No problems and no work had to be done. The next day I was back with him in total pain! He said I had an infection. Hmmmm wonder where I picked that up from? While inspecting my mouth he put some kind of rod into my tooth/gum but it broke inside my tooth. He said to my mum that he couldn't get it out and instead he'd fill it!! Like *beep* he was going to do that! We had to get him to take the tooth out.

Needless to say he is no longer my dentist.

Member of the Noel's Beard Fanclub.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:05 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Ciara wrote:
I went to the dentist for a check-up about 3 years ago and came out fine. No problems and no work had to be done. The next day I was back with him in total pain! He said I had an infection. Hmmmm wonder where I picked that up from? While inspecting my mouth he put some kind of rod into my tooth/gum but it broke inside my tooth. He said to my mum that he couldn't get it out and instead he'd fill it!! Like *beep* he was going to do that! We had to get him to take the tooth out.

:shock: That's so horrible...my teeth feel all funny now. I'm never ever going to the dentist again.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]