Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:10 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 5:10 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:34 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Warnings: 0
I hate public toilets, and the fact that people always make a mess of them, i just feel like vomiting at the sight of soiled toilet paper and pee all over the floors! :x :smt009

Also, i despise of people who don't flush after doing their #2's in the toilet, i can't stand going to the toilet and seeing someone else's craps floating in the toilet :x :x :x

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:23 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I'm not that fond of public conveniences myself; certainly the urinals. I always use a cubicle, personally...I can't bear the lack of privacy experienced while standing shoulder-to-shoulder with another man and...ah, no. I'll do what I need to do without having to worry about Joe Bloggs looking over his shoulder at me, thanks. :suspect:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:13 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

The amount of idiotic young mothers out there who constantly swear and scream at their little kids, calling them all these F-words and C-words and even threatening them, meaning those poor kids will grow up to be idiots like them

These people don't deserve to have in my opinion and they deserve to be upper-cut into space :smt009 :smt011

Oni-91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:40 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Working at CeX I pretty much had to deal with those all. the freaking. time.

People whose idea of good parenting is saying to their kids "we're not having a Christmas because Daddy left us. YEAH, GO ON AND CRY."

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:39 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Running down to my last tenth of a bottle of wine, before discovering that the damn stuff's got better and better as I near the end and now, now of all times it's going to run out on me. Yet the first half of the bottle was absolutely disdainful.

"First World Problems" as one might say on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook, only two of which I frequent. :smt009 :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I don't like Instagram, an emporium of narcissism.

Also, as an asexual, there's nothing more infurating than hearing drivel such as "It's just a phase" or "you haven't met the right person yet". Not everyone wants to do it.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:06 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I tend to be more pansexual in my views; I prefer personality over physique, and indeed, physique tends not to impress me at all. It even disgusts me at some points. It's not that that I find attractive in people, which a lot of folks don't understand - "look at her breasts!" - but I couldn't care less about her breasts! :P

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:43 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I hate the fact that society is always bullying us about the way we look and saying that we should all weigh a certain amount and look a certain way - "This person is overweight/too skinny, how unhealthy and unattractive" :roll:

I understand the media wants us to be healthy, but they need to stop bullying us about how we look. People need to understand that personality is the most important thing of all. People have their own way of being beautiful, and I think big girls can be attractive too, hell, i'd rather a larger woman with hips and curves than some tiny little model with a pair of basketball-sized fake breasts anyday :P

Wouldn't you rather hang out with someone who's friendly and good-hearted than someone who's stuck-up, arrogant and a gold-digger?

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:45 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Exactly, my friend. I'm a 16-stone man, although I feel I carry it well enough for my unseemly height (5ft 8 in), and my weight only bothers me in terms of my general health in later life - I know I'll need to sharpen up a bit in the next few years. But it only goes that far...perhaps because my peers at school had many other insults to hurl at me than 'you're fat' and the like, I've never really disliked me because of it, I've always just known it was there and it's actually not hindered me much at all. I've had bigger fish to fry than my weight, although it's been on my mind a lot during lower times, but that's ordinary for me.

I know the media, particularly the tabloid media, tend to hype up things like weight, though, and society in general does it a fair bit. People are still ashamed of it in 2014, and it still holds people back from doing what they want and being who they are, in 2014, and I do agree, I think that's just not right. :smt023

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:19 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

The smell of vinegar drives me crazy, It's so over-powering and i can't be around people who are eating salt & vinegar crisps because of it!! :x

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:38 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I love vinegar...especially drinking it. Beautiful stuff! :-D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:36 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

The concept of asexuality. It's like you're saying that you've given on on finding a boyfriend or girlfriend, and that you're content with that. That really bothers me.

It took me seven years to find my current girlfriend. It was a long and often arduous process, but it paid off wonderfully in the end. I love her very much, and she is awesome. I was ready to give up myself, but one private message on an online dating site changed everything.

I apologize if this seems insulting to some of you, but that's my stance on this concept.

Also, I am 6'1'', and somewhat overweight. However, I am taking steps to lose weight, and they seem to be working.

And now, back to my self-imposed exile.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:39 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

It's clear you don't understand asexuality at all anyway. Some asexual people still desire romantic relationships and still have partners or are looking. So you don't even get the concept you are irritated by. And that irritates me a lot. Actually know what you're talking about instead of just talking bulls***.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:47 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Indeed, you and I have a rare difference of opinion on this one, Mark. That's no bad thing on its own, of course.

Personally, I don't know and hardly care which category I fall into - I just think they're social constructs, first and foremost, and never actual definitions of our personalities unless we so desire them to be. I, myself, don't desire a label when it comes to my sexuality, so I often leave that box blank.

I can understand not wanting a lover, though. I do understand that, because it's how I feel at the moment and how I've felt for several years. I've experienced the negative side of 'love' - the tears, the rows, the fights, the abuse someone else can lavish upon you in the name of 'love', giving myself completely to someone and putting complete trust and faith in them only to be let down time and again and made a mockery of, the acute stress a relationship has always caused me to suffer. Indeed, my last relationship was with someone who - as this forum well knows - brought my mental health under immense pressure and strain and actually made me quite ill.

And I don't need any of that.

I don't need it and I do not want it. I have no interest in a romantic relationship or giving myself to anyone else. I'm mine. I belong only to me, and that's how I'm happy with it being. I couldn't care less any more for the sunsets watched from the veranda of the country retreat, for the hours spent staring into each others' eyes as the clouds roll by above, for the moments of passion, none of that matters to me any more.

Even at my young age, what I thought was 'love' has ruined any desire of mine to experience it ever again. It has scarred me enough. I would be an absolute fool to let it sear through my heart, leaving a legacy of rage, psychosis and a river of tears in its wake, again. I don't want romance. I don't want sex.

I don't want a partner to hold me and tell me everything's going to be alright. I have my friends for that, and I love them more dearly than I will ever be able to love anybody else, romantically, again.

So no - I personally haven't 'given up' on romantic love. I've just realised I can't cope with the stress, anxiety or instability that it's only ever brought me so far. And I've decided to opt out of finding a boyfriend or girlfriend, because I know it's what's right for me.

:smt023

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:14 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

[temporary return from exile]

I knew exactly what I was doing when I posted that. I did my homework before making that post, and that was my interpretation of that concept. Different people will interpret things in different ways. That's how our world works. Don't like it? That's your opinion, and you've a right to have one.

I had issues with love and relaitonships in the past, but I no longer do. It involved a long process of trial and error, but things are much better for me now. I am quite content with my current situation.

I still dislike the entire concept of asexuality. It might be somewhat controversial, but it is what it is. That is my personal opinion. I'm not forcing anyone to agree or disagree with me. This is a place where people can freely express their opinions, and I have done that. So have the rest of you. And you will continue to do so, because that is the basis on which forums like this are founded.

[/temporary return from exile]

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Evidently you haven't done your 'homework' properly... ;)

...and I personally dislike the concept that everyone, bar none should be paired up in a serious relationship.

I've always been as romantic as a bottle of water. I see couples displaying affection, so to speak... and I roll my eyes and just can't imagine myself doing that sort of stuff. I don't like the idea of sharing the rest of my life with one person. Call me selfish... call me frigid... I'd rather you'd met me first in real life before pre-judging. My friends would disagree.

But some day the wind will change. Who knows what would happen in the future. I doubt I'll start to like all the touchy-feely stuff. I'm sure I won't be attracted to anybody. But perhaps I'll get a partner who isn't particularly romantic either. I couldn't really care less which gender my future partner would be if I somehow wanted one. Panromantic.

After all, one is not defined just by their sexuality.

Perhaps I do take asexuality a slight bit too seriously because the general public aren't too knowledgeable about the subject... and all the sexual expectations in this blasted society. :| I feel like an oddity and I just want the world to know that there's nothing wrong with it. At the end of the day it's just a sexuality, a tiny part of one's personality.

Feel free to disagree. Feel free to debate. I like a good debate. Please don't stay in exile, because you post some meaningful stuff! :smt023

Last edited by Skyline on Sun May 04, 2014 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:49 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

To be fair, sexuality-wise i'm pretty neutral, and even though there have been a few girls at school i've fancied, i'd rather just have friends that have a girlfriend/partner. I don't really want kids either as I'm not really a kid person

What does irritate me though, is not only do people get called out for their sexualities, but society seems bullies us about whether or not we get married and have kids

Society says we all HAVE to get married and have kids and anyone who doesn't have 2 kids and/or get married by the time they're 35 gets labelled by society as "selfish" :roll:

Oni-91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:40 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I was supposed to be getting married on the 26th of this month. She walked out on me in November. As you can guess, I really don't want to even tip my toe in the fetid waters of relationship-dom yet.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Parents who have (a) young child(ren), but cannot keep that/those child(ren) under control.

And also, as I mentioned on another thread, Conga Lines.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:57 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Windows Update

I just wanted to shut down the laptop, I didn't ask to download any updates! :x

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]