Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:38 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 6:38 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:24 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Lola was a worthless character anyway in Space Jam. At least in the new show the bunny is actually mildly funny, as annoying as the existence of The Looney Tunes Show is.

Would you imagine the Space Jam Lola Bunny in a classic Looney Tunes short? No. :smt011

What personality...? All she said was "Don't ever call me doll"... :ponder:

As I appreciate the classic shorts more my opinion of Space Jam lowers... ;)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:17 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

To be fair though, I thought the Monstars were actually much more interesting characters as they started out as evil, but didn't turn out to be bad people in the end. I like villains that end up turning good :)

Skyline wrote:
What personality...? All she said was "Don't ever call me doll"... :ponder:

No, No, No, No, NO!!

Have you even watched it properly? It's not "Don't ever call me doll", it's "Don't ever call me *blows ears back* doll! ;-)"

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:07 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Are you attracted to this bunny... James?

:eyes: :eyes: :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:17 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Skyline wrote:
Are you attracted to this bunny... James?

:eyes: :eyes: :-D

No mate, the Monstars are heaps more attractive than Lola :ponder: :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:45 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

People who 'comment' on facebook statuses by just tagging someone :roll:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:18 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

People who always go on about how a cartoon series, which runs for several season, was ONLY good in its first season and everything after that is crap. Those people are ignorant as hell in my opinion :smt009

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:04 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Family Guy was only good in its first four seasons. And even then it wasn't half as good as the Simpsons were in its first nine seasons.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:08 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

The fact that 90% of mainstream pop music now, just uses the same old generic beats and processed vocals over and over

I wish David Guetta's mainstream breakthrough in 2009 didn't happen, because he pretty much turned dance and house into crappy generic mainstream dance pop.

Since then, most DJ's have sold out, and now just produce the same recycled David Guetta beats over and over, and even get popular people and mainstream rappers to do the vocals. So basically changing up their music to make it sound more poppy, and appeal to a younger audience. Therefore, the more popular it is, the more money :roll:

I'm just so sick of most pop songs going 'Soft start/Verse of processed vocals/Chorus as beat builds up/15-30 second breakdown of screechy, generic, synthesized beats/music goes soft again for another verse of processed vocals/another chorus as the build builds up/another 15-30 breakdown of screechy, generic synthesized beats' I am SOOOO sick of hearing that all the time now! :roll: :x

What happened to the days of guitar solos, r'n'b & rap songs having a funky beat instead of some generic, recycled Guetta beat, and dance and house actually being great trance and groovy beats??? :(

At least Armin Van Buuren still does his own stuff :)

Oni-91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Semi-relatedly, there's a wonderful hypocrisy in that popular music nowadays is basically 'take bit from 80s song, put uninspiring rap section and terrible dance beat in the background, don't pay the original writers of said 80s song royalties, then complain about illegal downloads killing the music industry'.

Also, lyric writing is getting REALLY lazy now. Nearly every big song nowadays is the same line repeated over and over again and that's apparently a chorus now. AND PEOPLE STILL BUY THIS. And semi-relatedly, remember when 'dance music' meant more than just 'top 40 with the ballads taken out'? America doesn't.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:36 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

Hear blooming well hear! You need to speak more often! :lol: :smt023

Indeed. The 'artists' don't care one iota about their 'art' any more. It's not art any more, apart from when produced by those who were around in the days when it was - they know no different, but the current 'artists' grew up surrounded by their music. Yet still they produce the abominable, veritable tosh that we're bombarded with nowadays. It's because they really don't care, they know the sheeple will buy their music blindly anyway and they know that therefore they will be made multi-millionaires even if what they produce is crap.

Yes, that's another thing on my 'irritations' list. :smt011

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Oni-91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Why is it that every time a new genre of music breaks out I keep thinking music can't get any worse, and then it just...does.

I thought mainsteam urban was bad, then dubstep became a thing (let's be clear, dubstep done properly isn't that bad, it's just the ten-a-penny stuff that it everywhere now is just awful). And now trap has become a thing. How low as a culture do we have to go before we scrape through the barrel and fall through into the nether?

And then I discovered nightcore was a non-joke thing, and then I had to cry myself to sleep.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Music is a joke these days thanks to crappy talent shows like X Factor. Hardly any rock music is in the chart. All we get now is the same old top 40 garbage! :smt019

Fan of classic rock and metal

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:52 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
Music is a joke these days thanks to crappy talent shows like X Factor. Hardly any rock music is in the chart. All we get now is the same old top 40 garbage! :smt019

'I have to say, that's quite close to my clinical conclusion...' - Ben Kingsley as Dr John Cawley in 'Shutter Island' (2010).

:smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:59 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Well I am a BIG fan of modern music...

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:54 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

BankerSpanker wrote:

To be fair, I think the vast majority of today's mainstream music is just a medley of processed vocals and generic recycled beats that are over-produced to far beyond oblivion

Bring back 1995 when we had Oasis and Alanis Morrissette in the charts :smt023

I've actually been getting into a lot of 80s music recently, especially stuff like Simply Red. Listen to their 1985 song "Money's too tight (to mention)" - Now that's a REAL song about money as it talks about economic and financial difficulties, unlike today where a song about money is some (c)rapper bragging about how rich they are, and how they love to spend it on jewellery, fancy cars, women etc. :smt009

Hell, I'd be happier listening to 80s Madonna than Lil Wayne any day!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:37 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

When i'm watching a show and it suddenly gets interrupted by some special news flash. Especially when the show doesn't pick up where it left off after the news flash, and a good 10 minutes or more of the show are swallowed up by the news flash and don't end up getting shown at all :x

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

The fact that all TV adverts seem to be the same all the time. I'm sick of seeing the same old car insurance rubbish over and over again! :roll:

Oni-91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:30 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

JamesJMH91 wrote:
I've actually been getting into a lot of 80s music recently, especially stuff like Simply Red. Listen to their 1985 song "Money's too tight (to mention)" - Now that's a REAL song about money as it talks about economic and financial difficulties, unlike today where a song about money is some (c)rapper bragging about how rich they are, and how they love to spend it on jewellery, fancy cars, women etc. :smt009

If anybody calles Jessie J's Price Tag a 'real' money song I might have to go a bit Defcon 2. It's amazingly hypocritical preaching the whole 'it's not about the money' thing to a load of people who earn in a year what she probably makes in a week.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:31 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I heard Kylie Minogue's new single on Radio 2 the other day and I hate it! It's nothing like the good stuff she had in early 2000. :smt011

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:55 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

BankerSpanker wrote:
I heard Kylie Minogue's new single on Radio 2 the other day and I hate it! It's nothing like the good stuff she had in early 2000. :smt011

That's 'Sexercise' thing?? Kylie's been making good songs since the late 80s ('Better the devil you know', 'Confide In Me', 'Did It Again' and a lot of her early 00s stuff like 'Fever', 'Can't get you out of my head' etc. are some of her best songs, the only one i've disliked since then was "All the lovers", which i found boring), and it sounds like she might finally be hitting the 'sellout' button with this piece of work song :smt009

Let's hope this is a blip and she does stick to her original stuff

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]