Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:54 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:24 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Warnings: 0
I think it's about time i had a full rant/open opinion on this

What i've noticed is that there have been a lot of people who i've 'met' online who are in favour of the villains. A lot of people say that they don't like heroes because 'they're bland, boring, predictable, and just save the day and stop the villain's plans' and like the villains a lot more because 'they're more ambitious, unpredictable, have better personalities'

But here's what does annoy me, the people who use the phrase 'evil is sexy'.

I'm honestly in two minds about this. You see, i would agree with people who say if they meant it in terms of looks, because let's face it, heroes are usually plain janes and average joes in terms of appearance while the villains are a lot bigger and/or more provocative in appearance. I mean, you get a lot of Tiny Hero VS Giant Villain battles and stuff like that

The problem is, a lot of people who use and/or agree with the phrase, actually find it 'sexy' that villains enjoy hurting people, killing people, making the innocent suffer, eventually becoming heartless dictators, and killing or doing something really bad to their henchmen once they have no further use for them. Hate on me if you wish, but i think that's just wrong

If anything, i only really like villains for looks, NOT because 'it's good being bad'

I've said this before, but i think character is what makes a character interesting. In fact, some villains can be boring too, for example there's Dr Eggman in the recent issues of the sonic comics, because lately he's done little besides brag every time he opens his mouth. I think what makes a character interesting is good development and personality (and maybe looks if your gonna be indulgent :oops: )

Don't get me wrong, there are villains i do like and they can be a vital part of the story, but i just hate people who think that if a character is 'good-hearted, cool, witty and caring' and not an 'i do what i want when i want' anti-authority figure, then that automatically makes them boring even they do have a good background to them, and that just being evil (even if the villain has NO development whatsoever and is just a jerk that brags about themselves) automatically makes a character awesome/sexy.

And there will always be people that'll tell me that i should be cheering for the villains like they expect me to worship them

The only time i would ever truly get behind villains is if they have a goal that is considered evil, but still have a heart and won't go all out by killing other people and harming the innocent to achieve their goal

And for all the people who do find acts of pure evil 'sexy'. Let me ask you, how would you like it if Loki, Bane, The Joker, or Jafar lived next door to you?

Rant Over

(I hope that wasn't breaching the policies of the forums, otherwise i can remove it if i'm asked to :))

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:51 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

I can't really stand reading. I'm a writer, yes (not by profession yet - working on), but I haven't read in earnest for 6 years.

That said, 99% of all my work has been produced during those six years, I wrote maybe once or twice before then. But I was 12.
It's kind of like, if I'm reading I can't write, and if I'm writing I can't read. If that makes any sense. Which it won't. :lol:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

jamesfish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

I work in a supermarket on checkouts, and what irritates me most is , people who take a mobile phone call when I am just about to serve them.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:27 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Myself.

But that's about to change for the better.

Expect magic.

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:16 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

My pet hates.

1. Posting rubbish.

2. Lists.

3. Irony.

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

JohnBristol1966 wrote:
My pet hates.

1. Posting rubbish.

2. Lists.

3. Irony.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:41 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Microsoft Word - Oh man, I HATE this software! Here are some reasons why:

1. Moving a picture. It should be as simple as clicking and dragging it to where you want but no, it won't let you do that at all. Instead, you have to press Enter or Backspace several times to get it where you want. However, even if you've done that, Word will have shifted all subsequent text several lines down the page.

2. Auto formatting. I do a numbered list and I'm doing fine so far. However, there are times where I want to start a new line on the same point and not move on to the next point yet. If I'm typing something for point 1 and I want to start a new line, Word presumes that I'm finished and puts '2.'

3. Line spacing in versions 2007 onwards. I HATE THE DEFAULT SPACING OPTION! :smt013
Why did they think it would be a good idea to have the default spacing set to 1.15? I want to use 1.0 like I have done on EVERY other version of Word.
And it's not enough to change it to just 1.0. No, I have to highlight everything, go into Line Spacing Options and change the 'After:' box in the spacing section to 0 pt. WHY IS IT SET TO 10?!! :evil:

4. Word changing my font to bold for no reason or suddenly changing the font and font size. So you have a font that you are happy with and are just typing away when all of a sudden Word decides to change the font to Times New Roman, size 10 and bold for absolutely NO REASON! :evil:

5. The spelling and grammar check feature. This thing is absolutely USELESS! Word shows me a green squiggly line, I right-click on it and it gives me the stupid 'Fragment (Consider revising)' rubbish! Sometimes the correction it suggests makes no sense whatsoever. Just recently I was typing up some maths coursework, I wanted to put the phrase "where A is the area of the disc" but idiotic Word wants to put a question mark after 'disc'.

6. Auto-capitalising the first letter where I don't want it.

7. THE PAPERCLIP!! :evil:

8. The new menu layout in versions 2007 and onwards. What was wrong with the simple File, Edit, Tools, Insert, etc...?

Fan of classic rock and metal

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:32 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

YES!

WHY is the line spacing like it is?! WHY? It's utterly stupid. Who writes a letter, or any other document, like this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Line here.

Second line here.

Third line here.

?

What purpose does it serve? :smt011

I have the latest version of Office, and I have to keep changing the format from "Normal" to "No Spacing". There should be NO SPACING ANYWAY!!

:smt011

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:08 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

This might cause uproar, but as an 'sufferer' of Asperger's Syndrome, i have had my share of petty outbursts and moments of selfish defensiveness

One thing i HATE is when i have that type of moment, and people try to manipulate me with their hypothetical "How would you like it if....?" nonsense. I refuse to ever answer that question, i know i do wrong and i felt bad for those moments. I feel i should just apologize for those mistakes and THAT. SHOULD BE. THAT.

Hate that! :x

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:24 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

ARGH! Word has found yet another way of annoying me. I wanted to put in point 'b)' and when I do that it changes it to 'c)' for no reason. Stupid crappy software! :evil:

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:25 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Chain-mails is another pet hate of mine:

"Copy this message or you will die"

"Copy this and something magic will happen"

"Copy this and get kissed by someone"

But the one that annoys me the most right now is the 'Naughty Rihanna' chain comments on YouTube! :evil:

When i watch a music video on YouTube, and the comment section is spammed to death with dumb idiots posting messages telling us to look at videos of Rihanna doing dirty stuff with some sportsman....

WHY?!?! THESE 'PEOPLE' ARE DOING THE WORLD NO GOOD WHATSOEVER, AND I THINK THEY'RE JUST SAD AND ONLY CARE ABOUT ATTENTION.... :x :x :evil: :( :smt009 :smt011

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:10 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

What i hate are fast food outlets that are understaffed

Here's what i mean, today mum and I went into KFC for lunch, it was the busiest part of the day, there were like 5 counters at the KFC and only ONE of them was opened. School holidays, busy lunch time and there was only ONE *beep* counter open, which means long cues and having to wait up to half an hour, or perhaps longer, to get your food. Hate that! :evil:

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
there was only ONE *beep* counter open, which means long cues and having to wait up to half an hour, or perhaps longer, to get your food. Hate that! :evil:

You might have been in the wrong place, James. Snooker clubs aren't often known for their efficiency at serving fast food. :suspect: ;)

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:40 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Global Moderator

We always stay well away from places that have huge queues ( :smt023 ), unless it's absolutely urgent what we're doing.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:33 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Also on a similar subject, really busy pubs/bars with only one barstaff!

I frequent a pub music quiz every Tuesday and last week I was trying to go to the bar in between rounds, there were about 10 people waiting to be served but only one barstaff serving - madness. And I had to get back to my seat for the next round so I had to go back all over again at the end of that and start all over again!

(Also the Irish Pub next to Shepherds Bush Empire had one barstaff on a Saturday evening when a gig was taking place.....that was 4 or 5 years ago though). :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:19 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

daniel123 wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:
there was only ONE *beep* counter open, which means long cues and having to wait up to half an hour, or perhaps longer, to get your food. Hate that! :evil:

You might have been in the wrong place, James. Snooker clubs aren't often known for their efficiency at serving fast food. :suspect: ;)

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:52 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?
Forum Games Moderator

JamesJMH91 wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
JamesJMH91 wrote:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:smt023

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:00 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

Yet another rant about Word. I'm typing up an maths assignment and I was typing a C in brackets like so: (C). What does Word decide to do? Changes it to the copyright symbol. AUTO-CORRECT IS RUBBISH! :x
Also it still changes my text to bold for no reason whatsoever. This is version 2010 I'm using and Microsoft STILL can't get it right! :roll:

Saperogo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:07 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

You can change the auto-correct settings... somewhere. It's not an easy place to get to, though.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:16 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: What irritates you ?

People who can't read the board (Psst, Summer 2013 Banker!).

[ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]