Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:07 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 11:07 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

Have you ever eaten a Scotch Bonnet?
Yes 28%  28%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but I've only used it as an ingredient for a meal, I've never eaten one by itself 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, and I wouldn't want to 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
No, but I want to try one now! 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
I'm actually Mikey from Big Brother 9 "I WILL EAT A SCOTCH BONNET!" 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:55 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

Warnings: 0
Earlier on today (technically yesterday) I ate a whole Scotch Bonnet. :smt046 I wouldn't recommend this to anyone by the way.

I have to say it's probably the most hottest food I have ever eaten so far. At first when you take a bite it takes a while for it to kick in...but when it does oh boy does it hurt! A real intense burning sensation spreads all over the mouth and lasts for about 5-10 minutes.

Here are some pictures just to prove that I did actually do this (although they don't really prove anything but shush).

Has a look at my options!

Picks the biggest one because I’m hardcore.

Ignores all warning signs haha!

This is how much milk was left:

I’ve never drank so much milk in one serving! It only really helps when it’s in your mouth, once you swallow it, the burning comes back almost immediately. I actually felt a bit sick afterwards and all I wanted to do was chuck it all back up again. Nice. :|

According to Wikipedia:

"Most Scotch Bonnets have a heat rating of 100,000–350,000 Scoville Units.[3] For comparison, most jalapeño peppers have a heat rating of 2,500 to 8,000 on the Scoville scale." :smt046

So there you go. I'm glad I did it because at least I can say I've tried one, although I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon.

So what's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten? Do you like spicy food? Anyone else eaten a Scotch Bonnet - or an even hotter chili? Am I off my trolley for eating a Scotch Bonnet? Discuss!

unclekevo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 am    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

I have ate a scotch bonnet that I used to cook a very hot indian curry for a couple of friends after an exam.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:58 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

Wow, I can't mess with the hardcore lass now! :P I ate this really red chilli in a restaurant before - won't be doing that again. I only had a bite and it nearly burnt my mouth out and I went through 2 jugs of water but of course water makes it hotter, should have asked for milk or yogurt instead lol!

But then again I was only ten.

I had some 'Spicy Sizzling Chicken' at a Chinese restaurant a town across on Wednesday. It was hot.

I'm impressed with the Scotch Bonnet though, someone willhave the squits tomorrow :lol:

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:36 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

cookie_monster wrote:
I'm impressed with the Scotch Bonnet though, someone willhave the squits tomorrow :lol:

It didn't go down too well with my bowels this morning I'll admit... :eyes:

Wow I'd never thought I'd say that on a dond.co.uk forum.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:30 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

LOL!

I wish my dad's chilli plant didn't die - I never ate one but one of my dad's girlfriend's friends did and her cheeks had swollen up and she was rolling round the floor in pain! She could have died but we just all stood there laughing! :laughing :laughing

Daisy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:26 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

Spiciest thing I've ever eaten was beef Ma La, most unpleasant. Totally going to keep an eye out for these though.

I must say, I'm more worried about all that milk sloshing around than I am about the chillies.

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:09 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?
Forum Games Moderator

Naga Jolokia :o

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

Wow, that's the hottest chili pepper in the world isn't it? :shock: That must have hurt! Where can I buy them? :P

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:42 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

"The Banker" wrote:
Wow, that's the hottest chili pepper in the world isn't it? :shock: That must have hurt! Where can I buy them? :P

Can I play Miley Cyrus' 'Hoedown Throwdown' at your funeral then? :twisted:

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:16 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?
Forum Games Moderator

Bought them from Tesco's... Usually cook with them :P

Soon enough, I won't have anymore stomach linings.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:02 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

I had Kung Po Chicken Chilli which contained Chinese Chilli Peppers, it burnt the mouth off me but was nice.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:38 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: What's the hottest/spiciest food you've ever eaten?

I ate a curry in a restaurant with some friends from uni, and I bit half a chilli and had to run to the shop a mile away for milk. :oops:

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]