Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

Who will you be voting for in the May 6th General Election?
Labour 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Conservative 30%  30%  [ 4 ]
Liberal Democrat 30%  30%  [ 4 ]
Other 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: The Big Question - 'The Final'
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Following on from Jimmy's thread from last year (here), I thought it'd be good to set up a new one, now that Gordon Brown has confirmed the General Election will be taking place on Thursday 6th May 2010.

Here's Jimmy's question again:

Jimmy wrote:
Time to go into dodgy territory and get political! I'm just interested to know what people's opinions are politically, following the recent parliamentary collapse that the media are enjoying all too well. Quite simple; if a general election was called tomorrow, who would you be supporting?

The question now is of course "Who will you be supporting on 6th May?". And you can vote in the poll!

There seems to be a slight Conservative lead at the moment (according to opinion polls) but apparently it's not enough for an overall majority - so a hung parliament seems likely if opinion polls are anything to go by.

P.S. It's Gordo' all the way for me. :P

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: The Big Question - 'The Final'

I don't have any special allegiance to any of the parties,
I've voted for all three of the main parties at different general elections , Libdem, Labour and Conservative so you could say I'm the archetypal floating voter.

I think it's unhealthy for any one party to dominate in the way The Tories did for 18 years and now Labour for 13 years, so I think it's time for a change, and on that basis I am seriously considering voting Conservative albeit reluctantly, having voted Labour at the last election but.....

I'm excited by the prospect of a hung parliament that we're seeing at the moment and a change in the voting system to PR to help small parties and ensure that every vote counts regardless of which constituency you're in. I can't see the Libdems propping up a minority Tory govt. so I think we might see Gordon Brown re-elected and then make way for someone younger in the course of the next term like one of the Miliband brothers.

The debate about small government v big government is interesting, why not have a balance between the two!

Jimmy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:39 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The Big Question - 'The Final'
Global Moderator

Vote Conservative! All of you! Don't do anything catastrophic... like voting for the Liberal Democrats... and certainly don't vote for a man who completely disrespects members of the general public and expects to get away with it. You know who I'm talking about! ;) :P

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:18 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The Big Question - 'The Final'

To be perfectly honest, I'm sick of this bloody election already. I'll be glad when next Thursday is over...

On topic though, I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet..

matthew17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:45 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Big Question - 'The Final'

i haven't got a clue when it comes to politics so i'm voting for the monster raving looney party :P

they're doing a mock of this in my school, and one of the parties was completely made up... it was called 'justicia'

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The Big Question - 'The Final'

matthew17 wrote:
they're doing a mock of this in my school, and one of the parties was completely made up... it was called 'justicia'

They're doing the same in my sixth form, but with Labour, Conservative, Lib Dem, Greens and UKIP!

[ 6 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]