Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:16 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:16 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 14 posts ] 

jiveclive

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:55 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Your Worst Christmas?

Warnings: 0
Since it's coming to the end of 2009 and nearing the season of goodwill and peace to all men, I thought it would be customary to share our worst experiences of this so called 'jolly' time of year. I for one remember a christmas that I thought was undoubtedly my worst.

Christmas Day 1993

7 years old at the time, I saw presents under our rather idyllic christmas tree that I considered to be good due to large size of all of them. My father lies down on the couch (nothing new now if I may add) and my mother moans about Moira Stuart on BBC News. I looked out of the window and it was pouring down, typical British christmas. :| I went to bed excited about the next day.

So the next morning, I was filled with excitement, would there be the art set I asked for or the JVC video camera? I opened my presents and found out that I received a crappy paint set and paper that had the sensitivity of toilet paper. Also with that, I got a video of Pinocchio (one of my least favourite Disney films) and a book of Enid Blyton's The Famous Five. I wasn't interested in books at the time!! I mean, I was only 7!!! If it wasn't for my present of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys and the video along with it which I did ask for, I would commit arson on the christmas tree.

The films shown on ITV were absolute crap, the lineup were mostly films I didn't like. And there was no Coronation Street christmas special!

Anways continuing on, my ma nevers fails to produce a fantastic christmas dinner, this time it was different (when I say different I mean it was dreadful). She left it in the oven longer than usual to make it more 'succulent' as she said and the next thing I knew, the oxygen in our household was 97% snoke. The christmas dinner we forced down our throats was a burnt turkey and incinerated spuds with vegetables that tasted as if they were just picked up from the ground.

About the leftovers, they were given to the dog on Boxing Day, and ended up having stomach ache until New Years Eve.

Thats my story of my worst christmas, have you got a story you would like to share? People?

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:01 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

Nope all good!

PS thats a great memory from 16 years ago... I cant remember what happened last year.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

tr4962

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:42 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

I've never had a terrible christmas as such, i've been lucky, but theres been the odd incident every now and then, but never a catalogue of disasters on the same day.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

Can't say I've had a worst Christmas. There have been some better than others but none that have been disastrous, they've all been pretty good so far.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:52 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?
Global Moderator

Laaast christmas, I gave H my heart, but the very next day, he gave it awaaay. :smt011

Yes.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?
Administrator & Global Moderator

I'm sorry Jimmy, but I just couldn't keep it. :(

:smt049

jiveclive

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

@ Jimmy and H2005, too much info.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

Christmas has been at least 'alright' every year for me but there was one year where my mum put the Turkey in the garden to defrost and then she forgot about it for a few days and it went all green :smt046 so we had to make an emergency trip to Tesco to pick up a Bernard Matthews' Turkey Joint to serve 2 people and make use of that. :laughing

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:14 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

cookie_monster wrote:
Christmas has been at least 'alright' every year for me but there was one year where my mum put the Turkey in the garden to defrost and then she forgot about it for a few days and it went all green :smt046 so we had to make an emergency trip to Tesco to pick up a Bernard Matthews' Turkey Joint to serve 2 people and make use of that. :laughing

I was in a similar situation on my father's birthday. I bought him an eccles cake.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

Jiveclive, I can always get your old mate jivealex to help your Christmases improve. Would you like that?

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:25 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

h2005 wrote:
Jiveclive, I can always get your old mate jivealex to help your Christmases improve. Would you like that?

As much as I would like watching reruns of Loose Women. Now I'm going into extreme forms of torture now.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:28 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

Do re-runs of Loose Women repeatedly call you a "nonce"?

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:35 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

h2005 wrote:
Do re-runs of Loose Women repeatedly call you a "nonce"?

Not that I recall. :?

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Your Worst Christmas?

I don't think they can be compared to jivealex then.

[ 14 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]